Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Posts: 6935
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by JudgeRusty » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:13 pm

My SS gift is experiencing USPS delays.
Dang.
I sure hope no one else is having the same difficulties.
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Posts: 6935
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by JudgeRusty » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:08 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:13 pm
My SS gift is experiencing USPS delays.
Dang.
I sure hope no one else is having the same difficulties.
Update:
USPS says my SS package was delivered to someone at the address on Saturday. No other updates, so perhaps a neighbor got a peculiar early Christmas gift?
"That's what's wrong with the world today, people messin' with stuff they don't know nothin' about."

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15848
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by tuttle » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:45 am

JudgeRusty wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:13 pm
My SS gift is experiencing USPS delays.
Dang.
I sure hope no one else is having the same difficulties.
Mine was delayed. The package I sent was supposed to arrive Thursday.

As of last night it said it will be delivered sometime tonight. At least it'll be there before Christmas!
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by Winton » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:30 pm

I received my SS box. Normally, all presents go under the tree until Christmas. My wife opened the box and confirmed it is pipe related. I still have to wait until the 25th.

Based off many CPS comments, I had my wife open the box to confirm if there is anything from the bakery aisle.

More commentary and pictures in a few days.

Cobster
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by Cobster » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Woo hoo I got my SS gift I am so blessed!!! I just took a quick look to see if it was my SS gift or another blessing I have coming!!!!! Thank you!!! (I"ll wait for xmas)

User avatar
7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION
Posts: 5211
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by 7formy1911 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:48 am

If you haven’t received your gift yet please be patient. There are still some enroute. If you haven’t received it by the end of the year please PM me.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."

User avatar
Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by Winton » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:01 am

Today, I opened the box for the Secret Santa, from Fred, of CO. I found a tin of Seattle Pipe Club Harbor Lights. This is a blend that I haven't tried before. Should be interesting. Fred, also sent me a pipe he made a few years ago. Yes, I really prefer traditional shapes. I look forward to smoking the pipe after the Christmas meal.

Yesterday, it was 55 degrees. It is now 12 degrees, possible rising to 20. I REALLY, REALLY need to fix or replace my garage heater! I will go out to smoke, but probably not for long.

Fred also gave me an arrow head. I really wanted to post a picture of the pipe, but I had technical difficulties. (no surprise) I even resorted to ask my my daughter for help, and she could not get it to work either. Sorry, the pipe is really cool.

Winton

I am wiling to e-mail the picture to someone, who could then post it to the picture thread.

User avatar
mustangii
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1830
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Warrensburg MO
Contact:

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by mustangii » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:29 pm

Winton wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:01 am
Today, I opened the box for the Secret Santa, from Fred, of CO. I found a tin of Seattle Pipe Club Harbor Lights. This is a blend that I haven't tried before. Should be interesting. Fred, also sent me a pipe he made a few years ago. Yes, I really prefer traditional shapes. I look forward to smoking the pipe after the Christmas meal.

Yesterday, it was 55 degrees. It is now 12 degrees, possible rising to 20. I REALLY, REALLY need to fix or replace my garage heater! I will go out to smoke, but probably not for long.

Fred also gave me an arrow head. I really wanted to post a picture of the pipe, but I had technical difficulties. (no surprise) I even resorted to ask my my daughter for help, and she could not get it to work either. Sorry, the pipe is really cool.

Winton

I am wiling to e-mail the picture to someone, who could then post it to the picture thread.
if you have a smart phone, down load tapatalk from the app store. you can load pictures to the forum with the app.
edm
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and The Word was God. John 1:1
ASE Master Certified Tech
Chrysler Master Certified Tech
Right wing Conservative and proud of it

User avatar
7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION
Posts: 5211
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by 7formy1911 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:16 pm

Well gentlemen, it’s been fun and I hope everyone received their gifts. If not please PM me and we’ll do this again before Thanksgiving this year!
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31616
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:13 pm

Image
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Posts: 7873
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by gravel » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:30 am

Is it too late to sign up?

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15848
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by tuttle » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:49 pm

gravel wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:30 am
Is it too late to sign up?
gravel!

good to see you!
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Posts: 7873
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Official Secret Santa 2020 Sign Up

Post by gravel » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:10 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:49 pm
gravel wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:30 am
Is it too late to sign up?
gravel!

good to see you!
Good to see you too! Hope all is well with you!

Post Reply