Practice Interview

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Practice Interview

Post by Fainn » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:24 am

Need someone to help me with a practice Zoom practice interview for a City Tour guide position.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Practice Interview

Post by Fainn » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am

I had a ton of issues and wasn't able to join the meeting.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
hugodrax
McMuffins & 'Murica!
McMuffins & 'Murica!
Posts: 23566
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Practice Interview

Post by hugodrax » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:44 am

Fainn wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am
I had a ton of issues and wasn't able to join the meeting.
That's a fail.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24341
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Practice Interview

Post by FredS » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:52 am

Fainn wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am
I had a ton of issues and wasn't able to join the meeting.
Have you resolved the issues in case they offer a second meeting?
Last edited by FredS on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Practice Interview

Post by Fainn » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 am

FredS wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:52 am
Fainn wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am
I had a ton of issues and wasn't able to join the meeting.
Have you resolved the issues in case they offer a second meeting?
Their was something going down on their end so new meeting Monday. I still would appreciate a practice Zoom with someone.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Posts: 12815
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Practice Interview

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:01 am

Back in the old days, (early 80s), a co-worker asked me if I happened to have a toothbrush that he could borrow. After a brief pause I replied that if I had one I would give it to him to keep. "Is your teeth that dirty?", I asked. "No", he replied. "I have a phone interview in a few minutes."

There were 3 pay phones there, iIrc, inside small booths, and this guy participated in a phone interview during work hours at his current place of employment. I learned later that he had applied to law school. He ultimately quit the job and went to law school, and last I heard, which was more than a few years ago, he was a district attorney somewhere and in trouble for harassing employees in his office.

So, since he presumably didn't find a toothbrush in order to prepare for his phone interview, the presumption is that he used his finger. I guess it worked.
"If you don't love Jesus you can go to Hell". Billy Joe Shaver

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24341
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Practice Interview

Post by FredS » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:06 am

Fainn wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 am
FredS wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:52 am
Fainn wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am
I had a ton of issues and wasn't able to join the meeting.
Have you resolved the issues in case they offer a second meeting?
Their was something going down on their end so new meeting Monday. I still would appreciate a practice Zoom with someone.
I think Mrs FredS has Zoom on one of her computers. If nobody else steps up maybe I can at least help you make sure you can log on and join a meeting, though I have no idea how to set one up. It'd be sometime over the weekend.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Practice Interview

Post by Fainn » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:02 am

I found someone to help. So thankful I get another opportunity Monday.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Practice Interview

Post by Fainn » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:06 am
Fainn wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 am
FredS wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:52 am
Fainn wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 am
I had a ton of issues and wasn't able to join the meeting.
Have you resolved the issues in case they offer a second meeting?
Their was something going down on their end so new meeting Monday. I still would appreciate a practice Zoom with someone.
I think Mrs FredS has Zoom on one of her computers. If nobody else steps up maybe I can at least help you make sure you can log on and join a meeting, though I have no idea how to set one up. It'd be sometime over the weekend.
the other person backed out so I still need help
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

Post Reply