The Mandalorian

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser
Posts: 43268
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Del » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:45 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:38 am
There are women out there "breastfeeding" their Baby Yoda dolls.

Ick. Puke. Blech.

Don't know what it is, but I'm agin' it.
Image
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Adam Z » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:03 pm

This thread went south rather fast....

Anyway, I watch it. I love it, as do my kids. It ain't perfect, but it's the best thing SW has going on since the Disney acquisition. They did a good job with the final episodes of Clone Wars (released last year), and I really liked Rogue One, but the rest of Disney Star Wars has been trash. Never should've 86'd the extended universe novels. I used to really enjoy the books, but almost all the novels I read since the mouse took over have been mediocre.

It was cool to see Katee Sackhoff getting to play Bo-Katan in the flesh after she voiced the character on Clone Wars & Rebels. Looking forward to seeing Ahsoka, and whatever they're going to do with Boba Fett.
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 31989
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by coco » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:17 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:03 pm
...it's the best thing SW has going on since the Disney acquisition.
True.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
mcommini
Usher
Usher
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:45 pm
Location: Santa Fe

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by mcommini » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Not just a a good Star Wars show- probably the best episodic show out right now.
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15804
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by tuttle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am

TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
How excitingly tiresome.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
TheShepherd
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:09 am

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by TheShepherd » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:19 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
I vaguely recall some complaints over the first film in the new trilogy because it featured a black stormtrooper - which made no sense, given that black characters like Lando had been around since the original trilogy.

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15804
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by tuttle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
How excitingly tiresome.
Which is exactly why The Mandalorian is such a delightful and refreshing oasis!

Kick back, relax, and fawn over Baby Yoda with your kids. This is the way.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15804
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by tuttle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am

TheShepherd wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:19 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
I vaguely recall some complaints over the first film in the new trilogy because it featured a black stormtrooper - which made no sense, given that black characters like Lando had been around since the original trilogy.
I don't really want to discuss all that here, it's sort of been done elsewhere round these parts, and I'd rather celebrate the pulpy fun of the Mandalorian rather than the dour politicization of the new Trilogy
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
How excitingly tiresome.
Which is exactly why The Mandalorian is such a delightful and refreshing oasis!

Kick back, relax, and fawn over Baby Yoda with your kids. This is the way.
No. “The Way” was the first word adopted to describe the followers of Christ.

Following the merchandising you are. Taken leave of your capability of discernment you have. :D
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2473
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Jester » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:13 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
How excitingly tiresome.
Which is exactly why The Mandalorian is such a delightful and refreshing oasis!

Kick back, relax, and fawn over Baby Yoda with your kids. This is the way.
No. “The Way” was the first word adopted to describe the followers of Christ.

Following the merchandising you are. Taken leave of your capability of discernment you have. :D
It may be that his years waging war on Christmas has given him over to consumeristic tendencies. We need a Christmas miracle.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:16 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:13 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
How excitingly tiresome.
Which is exactly why The Mandalorian is such a delightful and refreshing oasis!

Kick back, relax, and fawn over Baby Yoda with your kids. This is the way.
No. “The Way” was the first word adopted to describe the followers of Christ.

Following the merchandising you are. Taken leave of your capability of discernment you have. :D
It may be that his years waging war on Christmas has given him over to consumeristic tendencies. We need a Christmas miracle.
Thought about that I did. Correct you are!
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2473
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Jester » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:16 am
Jester wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:13 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:34 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
How excitingly tiresome.
Which is exactly why The Mandalorian is such a delightful and refreshing oasis!

Kick back, relax, and fawn over Baby Yoda with your kids. This is the way.
No. “The Way” was the first word adopted to describe the followers of Christ.

Following the merchandising you are. Taken leave of your capability of discernment you have. :D
It may be that his years waging war on Christmas has given him over to consumeristic tendencies. We need a Christmas miracle.
Thought about that I did. Correct you are!
Image
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

User avatar
wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President
Posts: 23016
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by wosbald » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 am

+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
[…]

… there've been attacks on [The Mandalorian] and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
… I'd rather celebrate the pulpy fun of the Mandalorian rather than the dour politicization of the new Trilogy
Are you so sure that attacking the new Trilogy for being a "dour politicization" may not, itself, be a "neo-puritan problematical deeming"?

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:53 am

wosbald wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 am
+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
[…]

… there've been attacks on [The Mandalorian] and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
… I'd rather celebrate the pulpy fun of the Mandalorian rather than the dour politicization of the new Trilogy
Are you so sure that attacking the new Trilogy for being a "dour politicization" may not, itself, be a "neo-puritan problematical deeming"?

Image
f*** off you should.

Thoroughly need wedgie you do. Mrerrrerrrmmm.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15804
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by tuttle » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:53 am

wosbald wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:46 am
+JMJ+
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
[…]

… there've been attacks on [The Mandalorian] and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
… I'd rather celebrate the pulpy fun of the Mandalorian rather than the dour politicization of the new Trilogy
Are you so sure that attacking the new Trilogy for being a "dour politicization" may not, itself, be a "neo-puritan problematical deeming"?

Image
Yes. I'm sure.

Now go watch it!!
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
dcommini
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:51 am

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by dcommini » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:19 am

Cleon wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:49 am
wosbald wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:41 am
+JMJ+

Even though I thawt the new trilogy wuz da bomb (tho ya already knew dat), lookin' forward to seeing this somehow, someday, someway, maybe on blu-ray.
Disney plus is $6.99/month. Just get it for this. It's worth it.
I told my ex I bought a subscription for our kids for Christmas last year... It was really so I could watch the Mandalorian
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." -Socrates

User avatar
Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms
Posts: 3133
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:35 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:22 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 am
tuttle wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:59 am
TheShepherd wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:14 pm
i haven't watched it; for that matter, most of the recent buzz about Star Wars has been politicized... or is that just me?
Most of the recent buzz about EVERYTHING has been politicized... :lol:

But thus far The Mandalorian has been blissfully apolitical, letting the story take center stage over any sort of agenda. But because our culture can't let anything be good there've been attacks on the show and some actors because they been deemed problematic by the neo-puritans.
How excitingly tiresome.
Which is exactly why The Mandalorian is such a delightful and refreshing oasis!

Kick back, relax, and fawn over Baby Yoda with your kids. This is the ghey.
Fixed it for you.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15804
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by tuttle » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 am

Baby Yoda officially has a name now.
► Show Spoiler
The kids still call him Baby Yoda.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Posts: 18574
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by gaining_age » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:14 am

tuttle wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 am
Baby Yoda officially has a name now.
► Show Spoiler
The kids still call him Baby Yoda.
His Italian uncle on his mother's side...
► Show Spoiler
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Post Reply