The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Post Reply
User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11855
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by Goose55 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:54 am

Space Coronagraph finds hidden planets.

This is spooky. The music sounds like The Twilight Zine....

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11855
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by Goose55 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Image

Don't miss this
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Posts: 16107
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by Cleon » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Chronographs are great
Image
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by michigander » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:46 am

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:54 am
Space Coronagraph finds hidden planets.

This is spooky. The music sounds like The Twilight Zine....

That's a nicely done video. It makes it easy to understand how the telescope works. Do you know if it is operational now?

User avatar
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers
Posts: 11855
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by Goose55 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:36 pm

michigander wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:46 am
Goose55 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:54 am
Space Coronagraph finds hidden planets.

This is spooky. The music sounds like The Twilight Zine....

That's a nicely done video. It makes it easy to understand how the telescope works. Do you know if it is operational now?
I wish I could say. There have been so many space telescopes now, I'm not sure which one this Coronagraph is on.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Busty
My eyes are up here
My eyes are up here
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Memphis, TN.
Contact:

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by Busty » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:18 pm

What's all this then?
"All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't."
— Marilyn Monroe

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 32505
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by coco » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:40 pm

Busty wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:18 pm
What's all this then?
Don't worry, no one is coming to get you.

This is the search for intelligent life.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 2432
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by Adam Z » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:52 pm

Have they checked CPS lately?
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

User avatar
Busty
My eyes are up here
My eyes are up here
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Memphis, TN.
Contact:

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by Busty » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 pm

coco wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:40 pm
Busty wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:18 pm
What's all this then?
Don't worry, no one is coming to get you.

This is the search for intelligent life.
That was not very nice.
"All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't."
— Marilyn Monroe

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 11340
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: The search for life in the Universe has taken a new step forward

Post by AFRS » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:09 pm

Busty wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 pm
coco wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:40 pm
Busty wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:18 pm
What's all this then?
Don't worry, no one is coming to get you.

This is the search for intelligent life.
That was not very nice.
But it was funny.

Post Reply