Really angry pastor in the news

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Really angry pastor in the news

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:15 am

DL Jake

Don't you mean Mac Blowtorch? - Jocose

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by tuttle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:39 am

I can't see it. But is this the Polish pastor in Canada, whose church service was interrupted by the police and he chased them out like Friar Tuck from Disney's Robin Hood?

Because if so, that guy is a legend.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:47 am

“Do you understand English?!”

“Nazis are not welcome here!”

I like this dude.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:59 am

Praise the Lord!

Come, men of Christ, be strong!
Stand firm, and hold your ground.
Take courage: Though the battle’s long,
The Victor has been crowned.
Advance the cause of Christ!
Once more unto the breach!
Make sharp your swords and join the fight,
For triumph is in reach.

Come, men of Christ, enjoy!
God’s given all that’s fair.
The things of earth are for your joy,
Received with thankful prayer.
Take heart, glad men, have cheer!
Let loud your laughter ring!
And live as rowdy cavaliers
For covenant and King.

Come, join the Bridegroom’s feast!
The table’s set to dine,
Filled full with ale and fatty meats
And rich with bread and wine.
Lift up your glasses high,
And toast, “No king but Christ!”
Then eat your fill and fix your eyes
On Him, our sacrifice.

Sing, men of Christ, sing loud:
“Our banner is the Lord!”
First in, last out, and laughing loud,
We work for our reward.
One day we’ll hear, “Well done,”
And all our striving cease,
But ’til our lifelong race is run,
We’ll fight and laugh and feast.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 am

Those officers looked so ashamed. :lol:

That pastor better lawyer up.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:54 am

tuttle wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:39 am
. . . if so, that guy is a legend.
I say he's a %fracking idiot, not a legend.

Gestapo Nazi psychopaths? I suppose the cops were there because someone called them to report violation of a mask mandate or law limiting the size of a gathering but I don't know that for sure. If that's the case though, police walking peacefully in to and out of his church building because he was breaking the law is hardly on the same level as the holocaust. That jackass needs to take a trip to China if he wants to see persecution and intimidation. But hey - by god he made a heroic stand in the face of evil! Thank goodness he was fortunate enough to catch it all on his cell phone to share with the world how brave and defiant he is. His on-screen rant there at the end was just great.
Last edited by FredS on Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 am

Romans 13 1-5

13 1 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God's servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God's servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 am

FredS wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:54 am
tuttle wrote:

Gestapo Nazi psychopaths? I suppose the cops were there because someone called them to report violation of a mask mandate or law limiting the size of a gathering but I don't know that for sure. If that's the case though, police walking peacefully in to and out of his church building because he was breaking the law is hardly on the same level as the holocaust. That jackass needs to take a trip to China if he wants to see persecution and intimidation. But hey - by god he made a heroic stand in the face of evil! Thank goodness he was fortunate enough to catch it all on his cell phone to share with the world how brave and defiant he is. His on-screen rant there at the end was just great.
1. The guy was born in communist Poland. I don't think a trip to China is necessary.

2. This is right off the heels of Canada jailing a pastor for 35 days violating Covid regulations.

3. Regardless of his colorful use of epithets, he was well within his rights to tell them to leave if they don't have a warrant (insofar as I've seen on reports). Now, while I would likely choose a different way of handling it, I happen to agree with his logic regarding the name calling. I see what the purpose was.

4. Also according to reports, this isn't the first time the state has interfered with this guy so it seems his claim that their presence was meant to intimidate worshippers is valid to some degree.

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:32 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 am
Romans 13 1-5

13 1 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God's servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God's servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.
What happens when the government tells you to violate your conscience? So that your submission to them muddles it, rather than clears it?

This passage is good and should be soberly reflected upon. But it cannot be used as a blanket catch-all for obeying the State, especially in light of both the Old and New Testament clearly revealing people breaking the law or defying the government as good examples for us. Guys like Peter and John and Paul.

wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President

Post by wosbald » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:56 am

+JMJ+

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:33 am

tuttle wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 am
FredS wrote:
tuttle wrote:

1. The guy was born in communist Poland. I don't think a trip to China is necessary.

2. This is right off the heels of Canada jailing a pastor for 35 days violating Covid regulations.

3. Regardless of his colorful use of epithets, he was well within his rights to tell them to leave if they don't have a warrant (insofar as I've seen on reports). Now, while I would likely choose a different way of handling it, I happen to agree with his logic regarding the name calling. I see what the purpose was.

4. Also according to reports, this isn't the first time the state has interfered with this guy so it seems his claim that their presence was meant to intimidate worshippers is valid to some degree.
1. The guy needs to reflect on the persecution he may have seen as a boy. Then realize those Canadian cops weren't doing anything near that. Then learn how to be situationaly aware. Then learn how not to totally lose his %fracking mind when he feels threatened or uncomfortable. Canada has (or wants) some pretty severe - unreasonable, I think - laws on hate speech and I dare say the things this whackadoodle screamed at the cops are bumping right up against that.

2. Other pastors being jailed for breaking the law is no excuse for his temper tantrum.

3. I'm not sure he was within his rights to ask them to leave. Are the cops not allowed to enter a building when and where they suspect a crime is being committed or where someone expressly reported a crime being committed? Perhaps they ransacked the place searching for evidence of a crime or questioned people before the video started but all we saw were the cops entering and exiting a building that was presumably open to the public when they entered.

4. One wonders why this guy has a history of 'state interference'. What is he doing to draw their attention and why? You and I will distill this down until we understand that neither of us wants jackbooted thugs standing on our necks preventing the free practice of religion and free assembly, but I wonder if this guy's history of breaking the law or tweaking the cops - and broadcasting it at least this once - is more about him than it is about Jesus.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

mont974x4
Minister of Canola Mustard
Minister of Canola Mustard

Post by mont974x4 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:57 am

Good for him!

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

EvilGoose55
Congregation
Congregation

Post by EvilGoose55 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:06 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:33 am
tuttle wrote:
FredS wrote:
tuttle wrote:

1. The guy needs to reflect on the persecution he may have seen as a boy. Then realize those Canadian cops weren't doing anything near that. Then learn how to be situationaly aware. Then learn how not to totally lose his %fracking mind when he feels threatened or uncomfortable. Canada has (or wants) some pretty severe - unreasonable, I think - laws on hate speech and I dare say the things this whackadoodle screamed at the cops are bumping right up against that.

2. Other pastors being jailed for breaking the law is no excuse for his temper tantrum.

3. I'm not sure he was within his rights to ask them to leave. Are the cops not allowed to enter a building when and where they suspect a crime is being committed or where someone expressly reported a crime being committed? Perhaps they ransacked the place searching for evidence of a crime or questioned people before the video started but all we saw were the cops entering and exiting a building that was presumably open to the public when they entered.

4. One wonders why this guy has a history of 'state interference'. What is he doing to draw their attention and why? You and I will distill this down until we understand that neither of us wants jackbooted thugs standing on our necks preventing the free practice of religion and free assembly, but I wonder if this guy's history of breaking the law or tweaking the cops - and broadcasting it at least this once - is more about him than it is about Jesus.
Last edited by EvilGoose55 on Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:11 pm

tuttle wrote:
FredS wrote:
tuttle wrote:

Hear, hear

I rarely find myself disagreeing with you Fred, but good on this pastor. Policy follows culture and our culture, and subsequently our policies, are becoming increasingly hostile towards the Church. He did well to demand a warrant.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 pm

+JMJ+

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:27 pm

I’m with Fred and Bloodhound. (And scripture.)
He’s calling local law enforcement, respectfully doing their jobs, Nazis, Gestapo, fascists and communists.

Not a great example for his flock.
A calm, clear, conversation would have been more appropriate. (And a better example.)

If he wanted to perform an act of conscience and civil disobedience, he might have heard the officer out, accepted the warning, stated that would refuse to stop preaching (and explain why), and made himself a cooperative, willing subject of arrest - if necessary. His disagreement is with a government policy, not those officers. He could have said as much.

They risk their lives every day for him and his parishioners. He treated them with profound disrespect. I never saw the officer who was trying to speak being disrespectful. Absolutely not even remotely Gestapo-like.

Had they been the Gestapo, he’d be dead.

And I, too, wonder why he’s had previous run-ins with local law enforcement.
Or maybe not.

JMG:

He did well to demand a warrant.

In that manner?

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:46 pm

If some of you were shepherds your flock would be over a barrel.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

wosbald

Post by wosbald » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:48 pm

+JMJ+

ImageImage

— Pope Francis, Morocco

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:16 pm

I do wish he'd of stopped tongue wagging when they left through the door.
DL Jake

Don't you mean Mac Blowtorch? - Jocose

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:21 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:32 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 am
Romans 13 1-5

What happens when the government tells you to violate your conscience? So that your submission to them muddles it, rather than clears it?

This passage is good and should be soberly reflected upon. But it cannot be used as a blanket catch-all for obeying the State, especially in light of both the Old and New Testament clearly revealing people breaking the law or defying the government as good examples for us. Guys like Peter and John and Paul.
+1