Really angry pastor in the news

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by Jester » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:34 am

This pastor acts in ways that I would not. He definitely has a different personality. I don't wear a mask anywhere (I don't need to because I live in a free state) I wouldn't go around shouting the fact. I just live like it's 2018 and mind my own business. If I need to go to Kansas City, far and in-between, it's a massive culture shock. I actually forget that people still live like its April 15th 2020.

Some of you are digging up old tweets to cancel the guys credibility. "See, you wouldn't act this way."

True, I would not in the case of his old videos. That does not divert the fact that multiple police were disrupting his church on Easter morning. It's actually soo bad that some here have to make up an accusation saying the pastor is guilty. Yes, if the pastor called the police on himself he would be a scumbag. That's a big if. So if that is a big if, what is the reverse. What if the state actually came in to break up Easter service without a warrant. Not good.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking

Post by FredS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 am

I should probably opt out of this conversation too. Call me a snowflake. I'm triggered by this %fracking idiot.
I've wrote a hundred times that I come here for enjoyment and to pray for friends. When a thing's no longer enjoyable I'll stop.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:50 am

Aw, dang. Everyone drops out by the time I get back!

For what it's worth, I'm not mad at anyone here, we can disagree and still be friends and brothers in Christ, but this topic is hugely interesting and while I respect the rights of those who just want to drop it, I hope some will continue to engage in the conversation.

FredS wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:39 pm
Pointing at no one in particular -

Let's ask ourselves: Who stands to profit (that was the main problem Jesus had with the money changers and dove sellers in the temple, right?) - from the series of videos we've seen in this thread? I'm not necessarily talking about money here, but yeah, money. Beside that, who's seeking and getting our attention? Is God working in these videos?
I've been encouraged by the video. So...yes?
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 am

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 pm
I’m sorry, but I don’t believe that public health measures to stem the Covid pandemic are actually the government’s attempt to suppress Christianity.
But they are suppressing Christian worship, no? Even the Supreme Court has weighed in on a few cases where governments were not allowing churches to meet indoors and such, ruling it's a violation of their rights. Even if the suppression of Christianity is not a goal, we can at least admit that in pockets across the world, suppressing Christian worship has been a result. So in some cases, it doesn't matter whether we feel it's intentional or not. If it's happening, then pushback is inevitable.
durangopipe wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:48 pm
“Dell” wrote:But this pastor is from Poland. He likely heard horrific accounts from his own parents and grandparents about Nazis and Gestapo barging into churches and synagogues. He speaks with authority.
...and he should, for that very reason, know the difference between his local police force and the Nazis, the Gestapo and communists.

Nobody has been summarily shot or shipped off to a death camp, the government has not nationalized industry or seized private property, sent political dissidents to the gulag or had the members of the political opposition assassinated.
Was a Nazi a Nazi before or after people got shot or shipped off to a death camp?
durangopipe wrote:
The government has not made worship illegal. Worship continues. Worship in capacity filled churches will resume. Christians can speak of their faith freely. Christians can share their faith freely. Christians can read the Bible. (They had to hide them in the USSR).

People can accuse the government and their local police of being the Gestapo, Nazis and communists without being imprisoned or worse.
All the things you list are conditional (and also American, I'm not sure some of those things are legal in Canada). They can be concluded with words like "yet" and "for now". Worship isn't illegal in China either.

The point being that Authoritarianism and Totalitarianism doesn't happen overnight. It rises like yeast through bread or like the water temperature in a pot. You know, the one with the frog in it. No sane person gets angry at the frog for jumping out of the pot before the water boils. I find it weird when someone reasons, "Why would you jump out of the pot? The water isn't even boiling!"
durangopipe wrote:
Americans are babies.

They won’t wear a facemask for the greater good for a few months because it’s uncomfortable. (Or they are not sure it’s for the greater good - which is analogous to the theology of children.)

They won’t worship on Zoom or in smaller groups for a little while because it’s “Like Nazi Germany.”

No it isn’t, or any of those things he screamed at his local police officers in front of his impressionable parishioners.
Not. Even. Remotely. Close.

We should all know better.

This grandstanding pastor does know better.

Apparently uniforms trigger him because of his past.
He’s a pastor. He can’t be a snowflake. He needs to grow up and be a man.

Or ...
He wasn’t actually triggered because of his past. He’s just a publicity hound. It’s all for show. Like the crap at the pharmacy counter.

Go to 1 Wos.

My wife is in public health. She sometimes cries herself to sleep precisely because of theses kinds of Ill-informed arguments that are fed by conspiracy theories and political divisions that are utterly unrelated to the actual public health issues and fueled by paranoid people who have spent too much time staring into the dark hole of radical left- and radical right-wing social media and unreliable news sources.

“They” are out to get us. Go an inch or two further down that road and you’ll need a straight jacket.

Meanwhile, we’re looking at the possibility of a fourth wave, this time of variants that are hospitalizing and killing more young people. I wish everyone could sit in on just one public health professionals’ briefing (without of course being disruptive and ignorantly yelling, “Lies!”)

Look at Europe.
Look at South America.

Look at yourself.

Rage quit #1 for me.
See you in awhile.
Maybe people are less stupid than you give them credit for. It's easy to dismiss the other side as just a bunch of rubes falling for conspiracy theories. Sometimes people see the real danger COVID presents, and the real possibility of freedoms being removed through COVID regulation--handed down by people who have squandered their credibility--weigh those options, and determine that even the possibility of losing small freedoms is more dangerous than COVID.

But the only people who can make that choice are free people. If one is uncomfortable or laments the fact that someone somewhere is making a choice that doesn't align with the corporate/academic/political narrative, it means one is uncomfortable with their freedom to do so. That some don't wear a mask or meet in person for worship doesn't automatically mean they are selfish or hate the greater good. There are those who have weighed the realities and believe that not wearing a mask and meeting in worship actually serves the greater good in the long run. And those people don't even hate the people who voluntarily wear masks or don't meet for worship. They can understand that such a choice reflects someone's freedom to do so.

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:35 am

tuttle wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 am
durangopipe wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 pm
I’m sorry, but I don’t believe that public health measures to stem the Covid pandemic are actually the government’s attempt to suppress Christianity.
But they are suppressing Christian worship, no? Even the Supreme Court has weighed in on a few cases where governments were not allowing churches to meet indoors and such, ruling it's a violation of their rights. Even if the suppression of Christianity is not a goal, we can at least admit that in pockets across the world, suppressing Christian worship has been a result. So in some cases, it doesn't matter whether we feel it's intentional or not. If it's happening, then pushback is inevitable.
durangopipe wrote:
“Dell” wrote:But this pastor is from Poland. He likely heard horrific accounts from his own parents and grandparents about Nazis and Gestapo barging into churches and synagogues. He speaks with authority.
...and he should, for that very reason, know the difference between his local police force and the Nazis, the Gestapo and communists.

Nobody has been summarily shot or shipped off to a death camp, the government has not nationalized industry or seized private property, sent political dissidents to the gulag or had the members of the political opposition assassinated.
Was a Nazi a Nazi before or after people got shot or shipped off to a death camp?
durangopipe wrote:
The government has not made worship illegal. Worship continues. Worship in capacity filled churches will resume. Christians can speak of their faith freely. Christians can share their faith freely. Christians can read the Bible. (They had to hide them in the USSR).

People can accuse the government and their local police of being the Gestapo, Nazis and communists without being imprisoned or worse.
All the things you list are conditional (and also American, I'm not sure some of those things are legal in Canada). They can be concluded with words like "yet" and "for now". Worship isn't illegal in China either.

The point being that Authoritarianism and Totalitarianism doesn't happen overnight. It rises like yeast through bread or like the water temperature in a pot. You know, the one with the frog in it. No sane person gets angry at the frog for jumping out of the pot before the water boils. I find it weird when someone reasons, "Why would you jump out of the pot? The water isn't even boiling!"
durangopipe wrote:
Americans are babies.

They won’t wear a facemask for the greater good for a few months because it’s uncomfortable. (Or they are not sure it’s for the greater good - which is analogous to the theology of children.)

They won’t worship on Zoom or in smaller groups for a little while because it’s “Like Nazi Germany.”

No it isn’t, or any of those things he screamed at his local police officers in front of his impressionable parishioners.

Or ...
He wasn’t actually triggered because of his past. He’s just a publicity hound. It’s all for show. Like the crap at the pharmacy counter.

Go to 1 Wos.

My wife is in public health. She sometimes cries herself to sleep precisely because of theses kinds of Ill-informed arguments that are fed by conspiracy theories and political divisions that are utterly unrelated to the actual public health issues and fueled by paranoid people who have spent too much time staring into the dark hole of radical left- and radical right-wing social media and unreliable news sources.

“They” are out to get us. Go an inch or two further down that road and you’ll need a straight jacket.

Meanwhile, we’re looking at the possibility of a fourth wave, this time of variants that are hospitalizing and killing more young people. I wish everyone could sit in on just one public health professionals’ briefing (without of course being disruptive and ignorantly yelling, “Lies!”)

Look at Europe.
Look at South America.

Look at yourself.

Rage quit #1 for me.
See you in awhile.
Maybe people are less stupid than you give them credit for. It's easy to dismiss the other side as just a bunch of rubes falling for conspiracy theories. Sometimes people see the real danger COVID presents, and the real possibility of freedoms being removed through COVID regulation--handed down by people who have squandered their credibility--weigh those options, and determine that even the possibility of losing small freedoms is more dangerous than COVID.

But the only people who can make that choice are free people. If one is uncomfortable or laments the fact that someone somewhere is making a choice that doesn't align with the corporate/academic/political narrative, it means one is uncomfortable with their freedom to do so. That some don't wear a mask or meet in person for worship doesn't automatically mean they are selfish or hate the greater good. There are those who have weighed the realities and believe that not wearing a mask and meeting in worship actually serves the greater good in the long run. And those people don't even hate the people who voluntarily wear masks or don't meet for worship. They can understand that such a choice reflects someone's freedom to do so.
Our pastor got into a small mini rant Easter morning in his sermon, while talking about living in fear, then got on the wearing of masks. But he stopped and covered his tracks a bit, for the folks in attendance who happened to be wearing masks. "We respect you guys, though", he said, sort of sheepishly. I don't think they bought it. I was watching on line, btw. No way I'm going back there f2f until I get vaccinated. It's been a hot spot for Covid, including the pastor, the associate pastor, the worship leader and pretty much all of the worship team. Same with several other churches in our area. Many churches, though, have had minimal effects, while having the same practices. And that's the deal with Covid, there's so many unknowns. It turned political very quickly, but it's real, and reality is probably somewhere in the middle.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:50 am

Jester wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:34 am
This pastor acts in ways that I would not. He definitely has a different personality. I don't wear a mask anywhere (I don't need to because I live in a free state) I wouldn't go around shouting the fact. I just live like it's 2018 and mind my own business. If I need to go to Kansas City, far and in-between, it's a massive culture shock. I actually forget that people still live like its April 15th 2020.

Some of you are digging up old tweets to cancel the guys credibility. "See, you wouldn't act this way."

True, I would not in the case of his old videos. That does not divert the fact that multiple police were disrupting his church on Easter morning. It's actually soo bad that some here have to make up an accusation saying the pastor is guilty. Yes, if the pastor called the police on himself he would be a scumbag. That's a big if. So if that is a big if, what is the reverse. What if the state actually came in to break up Easter service without a warrant. Not good.
This is what I was wondering about too. Were there other Churches on Easter that had a similar visit from law enforcement in that area? Or, if this is the only one, that might suggest a targeted approach on this single Church and or the clergy therein.
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

EvilGoose55
Congregation
Congregation

Post by EvilGoose55 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:31 pm

You guys s*** all over each other better than us geese could ever manage.

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:23 pm

EvilGoose55 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:31 pm
You guys s*** all over each other better than us geese could ever manage.
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:27 pm

How do I opt out of the opt in forum from tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:02 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:27 pm
How do I opt out of the opt in forum from tapatalk?
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave....

EvilGoose55
Congregation
Congregation

Post by EvilGoose55 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:42 am

durangopipe wrote:

Americans are babies.

Or ...

Go to 1 Wos.

Look at Europe.
Look at South America.

Look at yourself.

Rage quit #1 for me.
See you in awhile.
Man, this is almost but not quite twice as ghey as a genuine Uncle Bob meltdown. First time I ever saw a bird simultaneously lay an egg and cram one up it's own hoohah.

"Everybody is stupid but me and if youd just be like me and if youd just stop being you and try to be me my wife wouldn't cry at night. I demand gentlemanly behavior from everybody but me! See what you made me do" lol.

Ok, tiger!

Cleon
Walmart Cargo Short Model

Post by Cleon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 am

durangopipe wrote:
Rage quit #1 for me.
See you in awhile.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President

Post by wosbald » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 am

+JMJ+

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 am

The Daily Caller interviewed the pastor.

According to the pastor, the authorities had been harassing his church for the last 13 months, despite his efforts to set up a meeting outside of a church service.
This is the first time the officers have walked inside the church, but Pawlowski said that they have appeared in the parking lot multiple times and even blocked it one time so that parishioners could not enter.

“What happened on Saturday is just the tipping point of the harassment and intimidation I have been enduring for months,” he added.
As to his reasons why he called them Nazis and Communists, etc:
“I grew up in Poland under the boot of the Soviets, behind the Iron Curtain,” Pawlowski said. “What I see right now, I see everything escalating and moving to the new level. They’re acting just like the Communists were acting when I was growing up when the pastors and the priests were arrested, and some were murdered. Many were tortured.”

“That’s why I say what I say,” he continued. “Because I see a repetition of history.”

Pawlowski didn’t expect the video he took to go viral but said that he hopes it gives others hope and courage to stand up to the authorities.

“I simply say, enough. And I want – I hope – that this video that so many people are talking about will give courage to other clergymen and other business owners to kick those Nazis out.”

Pawlowski’s phone has been going off “nonstop” with messages of support, he said.
Yeah, I'm still with this guy.

EvilGoose55
Congregation
Congregation

Post by EvilGoose55 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 am

wosbald wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 am
+JMJ+

But what have we learned?

1.) Reactions break down according to political party affiliation. Complete polarization: hero/goat response. Wosbald votes the straight Papal ticket.

2.) When the police read the warrant incorrectly, show up to the wrong house, and shoot your dog in front of your kids, Christ willed it. Submit quietly. You deserve it.

3.) If faced with disagreement, throw a hissy.

CPS, working as intended. :chili:

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:33 am

EvilGoose55 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 am
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+

1.) Reactions break down according to political party affiliation. Complete polarization: hero/goat response. Wosbald votes the straight Papal ticket.

2.) When the police read the warrant incorrectly, show up to the wrong house, and shoot your dog in front of your kids, Christ willed it. Submit quietly. You deserve it.

I miss Hugo.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

EvilGoose55
Congregation
Congregation

Post by EvilGoose55 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:33 am
EvilGoose55 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 am
wosbald wrote:
+JMJ+

I miss Hugo.
He flew the coop. Prolly hanging out with the rest of the dodos...skip and joe and bob and durangopipe.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:40 am

EvilGoose gettin spicy :lol:

Cleon

Post by Cleon » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:45 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:40 am
EvilGoose gettin spicy :lol:
Dang, Now I'm hungry.

I miss Skip.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

FredS

Post by FredS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 am

EvilGoose55 is as much a %fracking idiot as the Polish Pastor.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe