Really angry pastor in the news

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 32053
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am

IBTL





:wavey:
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

User avatar
EvilGoose55
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by EvilGoose55 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:35 am

FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 am
EvilGoose55 is as much a %fracking idiot as the Polish Pastor.
You're a bit of a duck yourself, squire.

What do you say? Let's blow this popcorn stand and go poo on a Dodge or something.

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 am

FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 25766
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by Jocose » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 am

Image

Image
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
EvilGoose55
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by EvilGoose55 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:54 am

Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 am
Image

Image
I choose not to relate :lol:

User avatar
JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Posts: 27248
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by JimVH » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:56 am

This thread took a really sad turn.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 11402
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by AFRS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:59 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:10 am
The Daily Caller interviewed the pastor.

According to the pastor, the authorities had been harassing his church for the last 13 months, despite his efforts to set up a meeting outside of a church service.
This is the first time the officers have walked inside the church, but Pawlowski said that they have appeared in the parking lot multiple times and even blocked it one time so that parishioners could not enter.

“What happened on Saturday is just the tipping point of the harassment and intimidation I have been enduring for months,” he added.
As to his reasons why he called them Nazis and Communists, etc:
“I grew up in Poland under the boot of the Soviets, behind the Iron Curtain,” Pawlowski said. “What I see right now, I see everything escalating and moving to the new level. They’re acting just like the Communists were acting when I was growing up when the pastors and the priests were arrested, and some were murdered. Many were tortured.”

“That’s why I say what I say,” he continued. “Because I see a repetition of history.”

Pawlowski didn’t expect the video he took to go viral but said that he hopes it gives others hope and courage to stand up to the authorities.

“I simply say, enough. And I want – I hope – that this video that so many people are talking about will give courage to other clergymen and other business owners to kick those Nazis out.”

Pawlowski’s phone has been going off “nonstop” with messages of support, he said.
Yeah, I'm still with this guy.
Me too.

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 11402
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by AFRS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:00 pm

EvilGoose55 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:54 am
Jocose wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:39 am
Image

Image
I choose not to relate :lol:
I choose to laugh: :lol:

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:11 pm

FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

User avatar
Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms
Posts: 3472
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by Stanley76 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:44 pm

I think we can all learn a valuable lesson from this excellent video.

BOOGERS ARE NOT FOOD. :evil: -Del

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 11402
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by AFRS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:46 pm

Rebel news is also covering this new development.

Oh Canada, :( true north weak & enslaved,
How I mourn for thee.

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 16278
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by tuttle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:08 pm

AFRS wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:46 pm
Rebel news is also covering this new development.

Oh Canada, :( true north weak & enslaved,
How I mourn for thee.
That said, the pressure is producing some stalwart Canadian heroes, worthy of imitation here in the States.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 2562
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by Adam Z » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:50 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:33 am
EvilGoose55 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 am
wosbald wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:55 am
+JMJ+

Image
But what have we learned?

1.) Reactions break down according to political party affiliation. Complete polarization: hero/goat response. Wosbald votes the straight Papal ticket.

2.) When the police read the warrant incorrectly, show up to the wrong house, and shoot your dog in front of your kids, Christ willed it. Submit quietly. You deserve it.

3.) If faced with disagreement, throw a hissy.

CPS, working as intended. :chili:
I miss Hugo.
Are you sure that Hugo isn't the puppeteer behind EvilGoose?
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 25049
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by FredS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm

It seems like - because it is, in fact - the church building was closed for non compliance with "public health restrictions", not because it's a church. Or a Christian church. Or a Christian church with Christians inside. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying or partaking sacraments. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying or partaking sacraments or doing anything else Christ asks of His followers.

No, it's been locked down because they "held public worship gatherings in excess of size limits, and with many inside reportedly not wearing masks or following distancing guidelines."

Did He say "You shall gather in groups of more than 10"? Did He say "You shall gather in groups even if one of you may cause harm to a fragile brother"? Did He say "You may not gather virtually for a time even if it is best for your community". Did He say "You may not socially distance even if you miss the physical embrace of your brothers and sisters"? Did He say "Your life will always be comfortable and you will never face instances where it may not be in your best interest to worship corporately and you may need to meet in your homes in smaller groups"? Did He say "You shall gather to worship and sing praises to your God, but you may not do so in smallish groups and you may not wear masks and you must be within arms reach of one another"? Did He say "Where/when two or three gather in my name, there am I with them”? Oh wait, He did say that.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:43 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm
It seems like - because it is, in fact - the church building was closed for non compliance with "public health restrictions", not because it's a church. Or a Christian church. Or a Christian church with Christians inside. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying or partaking sacraments. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying or partaking sacraments or doing anything else Christ asks of His followers.

No, it's been locked down because they "held public worship gatherings in excess of size limits, and with many inside reportedly not wearing masks or following distancing guidelines."

Did He say "You shall gather in groups of more than 10"? Did He say "You shall gather in groups even if one of you may cause harm to a fragile brother"? Did He say "You may not gather virtually for a time even if it is best for your community". Did He say "You may not socially distance even if you miss the physical embrace of your brothers and sisters"? Did He say "Your life will always be comfortable and you will never face instances where it may not be in your best interest to worship corporately and you may need to meet in your homes in smaller groups"? Did He say "You shall gather to worship and sing praises to your God, but you may not do so in smallish groups and you may not wear masks and you must be within arms reach of one another"? Did He say "Where/when two or three gather in my name, there am I with them”? Oh wait, He did say that.
I am praying for you Fred.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

User avatar
wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President
Posts: 23645
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by wosbald » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:16 pm

+JMJ+

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 25049
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by FredS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:47 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:43 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm
It seems like - because it is, in fact - the church building was closed for non compliance with "public health restrictions", not because it's a church. Or a Christian church. Or a Christian church with Christians inside. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying or partaking sacraments. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying or partaking sacraments or doing anything else Christ asks of His followers.

No, it's been locked down because they "held public worship gatherings in excess of size limits, and with many inside reportedly not wearing masks or following distancing guidelines."

Did He say "You shall gather in groups of more than 10"? Did He say "You shall gather in groups even if one of you may cause harm to a fragile brother"? Did He say "You may not gather virtually for a time even if it is best for your community". Did He say "You may not socially distance even if you miss the physical embrace of your brothers and sisters"? Did He say "Your life will always be comfortable and you will never face instances where it may not be in your best interest to worship corporately and you may need to meet in your homes in smaller groups"? Did He say "You shall gather to worship and sing praises to your God, but you may not do so in smallish groups and you may not wear masks and you must be within arms reach of one another"? Did He say "Where/when two or three gather in my name, there am I with them”? Oh wait, He did say that.
I am praying for you Fred.
If you're serious, then thank you.
If you're saying "bless your heart" well, then, you know what to do with that.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 11402
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by AFRS » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:06 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:47 pm
Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:43 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm
It seems like - because it is, in fact - the church building was closed for non compliance with "public health restrictions", not because it's a church. Or a Christian church. Or a Christian church with Christians inside. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying or partaking sacraments. Or a Christian church with Christians inside who were praying or partaking sacraments or doing anything else Christ asks of His followers.

No, it's been locked down because they "held public worship gatherings in excess of size limits, and with many inside reportedly not wearing masks or following distancing guidelines."

Did He say "You shall gather in groups of more than 10"? Did He say "You shall gather in groups even if one of you may cause harm to a fragile brother"? Did He say "You may not gather virtually for a time even if it is best for your community". Did He say "You may not socially distance even if you miss the physical embrace of your brothers and sisters"? Did He say "Your life will always be comfortable and you will never face instances where it may not be in your best interest to worship corporately and you may need to meet in your homes in smaller groups"? Did He say "You shall gather to worship and sing praises to your God, but you may not do so in smallish groups and you may not wear masks and you must be within arms reach of one another"? Did He say "Where/when two or three gather in my name, there am I with them”? Oh wait, He did say that.
I am praying for you Fred.
If you're serious, then thank you.
If you're saying "bless your heart" well, then, you know what to do with that.
Well then, bless your heart.

User avatar
wosbald
Lonergan Fan Club President
Lonergan Fan Club President
Posts: 23645
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by wosbald » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:32 pm

+JMJ+

Image

ImageImage

"[T]he emergency of irregular migration has to be met with justice, solidarity and mercy. Forms of collective expulsion, which do not allow for the suitable treatment of individual cases, are unacceptable."
— Pope Francis, Morocco

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 32053
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Really angry pastor in the news

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:10 pm

OK. If yer not laughing at wos' Happening Con; you are just doing it wrong.
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

Post Reply