A Moment In Time With Del...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Re: A Moment In Time With Del...

Post by michigander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:12 am

JimVH wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:40 pm
Del wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:32 pm
JimVH wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:35 pm
I avoid Del. He just wants my Chili recipe.
I could plan our next vacation to visit Texas.

Or you could send me a PM.
You come to Texas and the recipe is yours.
That sounds like a dare.

Cobster
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Cobster » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:21 am

I'm glad you guys met! "A time with del" this reminds me. Of "Postcards from Nebraska" Roger Welsh's show on This Sunday Morning.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:24 am

Del wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:38 pm
mustangii wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:13 pm
Had I wonderful time with Del, His wife and Pipeson (I believe) got out all my tobac stuff including my hookahs, fun night.
They were visiting family in Marshall MO and stopped by. Hope to do it again sometime.
edm
Cigarson was there, around 2011 I believe. New Year's Eve, or New Year's Day. My niece was getting married in Harrisonville.

I still play with snuff sometimes, but I haven't gotten the habit. I'd like to, but it's a bit messy for me.

It was a joy meeting Judy. I'm so proud of her. She's a real pro-life soldier, working the front line at a Pregnancy Center.
You've got relation in Harrisonville!? That's exactly one town over. I could throw a stick and well it'd just fall maybe beyond my lot depending on the stick, but you get the point. Jester's even closer though. His stick would be more in the vicinity.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:46 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:24 am
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
Had I wonderful time with Del, His wife and Pipeson (I believe) got out all my tobac stuff including my hookahs, fun night.
They were visiting family in Marshall MO and stopped by. Hope to do it again sometime.
edm
Cigarson was there, around 2011 I believe. New Year's Eve, or New Year's Day. My niece was getting married in Harrisonville.

I still play with snuff sometimes, but I haven't gotten the habit. I'd like to, but it's a bit messy for me.

It was a joy meeting Judy. I'm so proud of her. She's a real pro-life soldier, working the front line at a Pregnancy Center.
You've got relation in Harrisonville!? That's exactly one town over. I could throw a stick and well it'd just fall maybe beyond my lot depending on the stick, but you get the point. Jester's even closer though. His stick would be more in the vicinity.
Some sticks are longer than others.
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

I am become meme,
Destroyer of shorts -Elon

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:56 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:46 am
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
edm

A short, fat stick throws good enough too.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Del wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:56 pm
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
edm

Did you find that restaurant?
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 pm

Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
edm

This guy gets it...

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:15 am

JMG wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 pm
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
edm

Yeah, we did. They were closed, because it was Tuesday.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:20 am

Del wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:15 am
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
edm

Weird day to be closed. Was it right off the bridge though?

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:22 am

JMG wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:20 am
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
edm

Yep, weird, but it seems like the smaller local family owned spots around our area here have begun being closed on Mondays and Tuesdays now as well. And at least two of the local golf courses are now closed on Mondays.
Btw Del, if you get over to St James Parish and want to check out Nobil's in Lutcher, it looks like they're open for lunch from 11-2:00, M-F, and for dinner Th-F-S. Good Creole cooking.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:01 pm

JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
edm

I could see a bridge just up ahead.

It wasn't the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:31 pm

Del wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:01 pm
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:
mustangii wrote:
edm

The word "causeway" never exited my mouth.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 am

JMG wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:31 pm
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Del wrote:

I need to meet up with you two guys and buy you both a beer.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 am
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:

I like beer. I wanna be there too.
DL Jake

You should see if they can recalibrate your internal clock forward a month. - Cleon

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:56 am

sweetandsour wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:
tuttle wrote:

I am all for that.

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:44 am

JMG wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:56 am
sweetandsour wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
Jester wrote:

I am all for that.
I want to watch a reality TV show starring JMG, Del, sweetandsour, and DL Jake as they road trip across the USA looking for places to drink beer.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am

Pork belly and collard green sandwich? Goodnight nurse!

Yeah, Del will do, too. He didn’t call me on his way, though.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:00 pm

tuttle wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:44 am
JMG wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:

I am all for that.
I want to watch a reality TV show starring JMG, Del, sweetandsour, and DL Jake as they road trip across the USA looking for places to drink beer.
I'll buy that for a dollar!
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:44 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am
Pork belly and collard green sandwich? Goodnight nurse!

Yeah, Del will do, too. He didn’t call me on his way, though.
You were offline for Lent, but I really wanted to.

I am in a hotel tonight just south of Nashville, and I think you are near-abouts. Power-driving from Florida panhandle to southern Wisconsin. We drove the length of Alabama today.... and probably passed close by coco as well. We drove within a few miles of Tick Farm, too. So many friends, and not enough time to see them.

We need to make a meet-up happen, on purpose. For lots of reasons....

But I'd really like to add another CPS Lawyer Card to my collection. (I've already got hugodrax and Big Giant Ninja Panda.)

If you can get JimVH's chili recipe, I'll make a special trip down to Tennessee. Deal?

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:54 pm

tuttle wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:44 am
JMG wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:

I am all for that.
That would be a show! Touring the country, stopping hither and yon as various local CPS players show us their favorite watering holes and smoke haunts.

You know..... Roadmaster looks pretty good in the right light. Like, by a giant bonfire.