A Moment In Time With Del...

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Re: A Moment In Time With Del...

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:52 pm

Del wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:44 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am
Pork belly and collard green sandwich? Goodnight nurse!

Yeah, Del will do, too. He didn’t call me on his way, though.
You were offline for Lent, but I really wanted to.

I am in a hotel tonight just south of Nashville, and I think you are near-abouts. Power-driving from Florida panhandle to southern Wisconsin. We drove the length of Alabama today.... and probably passed close by coco as well. We drove within a few miles of Tick Farm, too. So many friends, and not enough time to see them.

We need to make a meet-up happen, on purpose. For lots of reasons....

But I'd really like to add another CPS Lawyer Card to my collection. (I've already got hugodrax and Big Giant Ninja Panda.)

If you can get JimVH's chili recipe, I'll make a special trip down to Tennessee. Deal?
It’s all good! I do hope we can catch up sometime.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:40 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:52 pm
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

I am in a hotel tonight just south of Nashville, and I think you are near-abouts. Power-driving from Florida panhandle to southern Wisconsin. We drove the length of Alabama today.... and probably passed close by coco as well. We drove within a few miles of Tick Farm, too. So many friends, and not enough time to see them.

But I'd really like to add another CPS Lawyer Card to my collection. (I've already got hugodrax and Big Giant Ninja Panda.)

If you can get JimVH's chili recipe, I'll make a special trip down to Tennessee. Deal?
You are Nashville area, right?

Mrs. Del thinks we should make a Florida panhandle trip into an annual thing. This route takes us close by Nashville. Also coco in Alabama. With enough warning, JMG could make the drive over.

Might even meet with Gabriel & his family in Illinois -- if he lives along I-57 or 74. (I think he goes sledding on I-55.)

We really love meeting all the CPS guys when we make cross-country road trips.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:15 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:40 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

Mrs. Del thinks we should make a Florida panhandle trip into an annual thing. This route takes us close by Nashville. Also coco in Alabama. With enough warning, JMG could make the drive over.

Might even meet with Gabriel & his family in Illinois -- if he lives along I-57 or 74. (I think he goes sledding on I-55.)

If you come back this way, Jerry's Catfish is on me. Also, I tried out a place called "Tom's Fried Pies" today that I've wanted to try for years and it was fantastic.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:36 pm

JMG wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:15 pm
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

If you come back this way, Jerry's Catfish is on me. Also, I tried out a place called "Tom's Fried Pies" today that I've wanted to try for years and it was fantastic.
That's great to hear!

I was afraid there weren't any good places to eat down South there.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:37 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:36 pm
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

That's great to hear!

Not a one.

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:06 pm

JMG wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:37 pm
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

That's great to hear!

Not a one.
Next time come to SE Texas.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:56 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:06 pm
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

That's great to hear!

Not a one.
Do you have JimVH's chili recipe?

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:59 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:56 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

That's great to hear!

Not a one.
Not that I know of, but I'll bet it's a good one. If you were to visit I'm sure that the sharing of said recipe could be arranged.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:59 pm
Del wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:
Del wrote:

That's great to hear!

Not a one.
Not that I know of, but I'll bet it's a good one. If you were to visit I'm sure that the sharing of said recipe could be arranged.
I would love to visit Texas again. I haven't been there since college.

Probably a whole new generation down there by now.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Del wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

That's great to hear!

Not a one.

Werent you in San Antonio a few years ago with Hov?

G. K. Chesterton

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:02 am

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

TNLawPiper
1-800-LAW-DAWG
1-800-LAW-DAWG

Post by TNLawPiper » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:21 am

coco wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:02 am
Wow.
Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.

JMG
You American sniper
You American sniper

Post by JMG » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:07 pm

coco wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:02 am
Gentlemen...you will not find better catfish anywhere in the world than this place. The fried dill pickles are pretty banging as well.

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:31 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:21 pm
Del wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Del wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:
JMG wrote:
Del wrote:

That's great to hear!

Not a one.

Werent you in San Antonio a few years ago with Hov?
Oh yeah. I have visited a few times since I spent a summer at University of Houston. Arriving by airplane and meeting friends at a conference doesn't feel like "Texas," even if it was in San Antonio. It felt exactly the same as Orlando and Kansas City.