New 2nd Variant Posing Threat/ Global Vaccine Drive Falters

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers

New 2nd Variant Posing Threat/ Global Vaccine Drive Falters

Post by Goose55 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:24 pm

"This newest second variant, known by evolutionary biologists as B.1.617.2, is “highly likely” to be more transmissible than the variant behind Britain’s devastating wintertime surge, government scientists have said. That earlier variant, known as B.1.1.7, was itself considerably more contagious than the one that first emerged last year in Wuhan, China."

"[But], a new study by Public Health England offered reassuring signs that fully vaccinated people were about as well protected from the variant first detected in India as they were from other forms of the coronavirus.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/variant-posi ... 02813.html

Seems to me, folk not yet vaccinated, should be.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Re: New 2nd Variant Posing Threat/ Global Vaccine Drive Falters

Post by Jocose » Tue May 25, 2021 1:42 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Tue May 25, 2021 1:43 pm

Seems to me vaxed people telling the non-vaxed to get vaxed is a proof that the totalitarian propaganda being spouted by government scientists is working.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Goose55

Post by Goose55 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:46 pm

tuttle wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:43 pm
Seems to me vaxed people telling the non-vaxed to get vaxed is a proof that the totalitarian propaganda being spouted by government scientists is working.
This is not intended to be a political thread, Tut
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Tue May 25, 2021 1:51 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:46 pm
tuttle wrote:
Kinda hard to ride that line when you're quoting government scientists in the OP...
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

mont974x4
Dad to Ducks
Dad to Ducks

Post by mont974x4 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:50 pm

tuttle wrote:
Goose55 wrote:
tuttle wrote:
Kinda hard to ride that line when you're quoting government scientists in the OP...
Plus, the whole COVID thing is just politics.

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Tue May 25, 2021 2:51 pm

tuttle wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:51 pm
Goose55 wrote:
tuttle wrote:
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

“Liberal Christianity” may be more appealing to the masses than “conservative Christianity,” -TNLawPiper

If you can't say “amen” you gotta say “ouch.” -Voddie Baucham

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Tue May 25, 2021 3:08 pm

I have a young friend who works in state public health. She is sad that "public health" has lost so much credibility over this. They were probably always inept, but now everyone knows it.
=============================================

I guess it all depends on which you fear more.... the virus, the vaccine, or the imposition of new measures to "slow" the spread of virus.

I got the vaccine only because I thought it would help toward letting us all get back to our lives.

But it turns out that all we really needed was the right sort of political pressure, because our betters in government respond to political pressure a whole lot more than they do to science or data.

I am more afraid of delayed effects from the vaccine than I am of covid variants. But I have already accepted the shots. The die is cast.

I'll probably die of something, someday -- no matter what I do or did.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:41 pm

Del wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:08 pm
I have a young friend who works in state public health. She is sad that "public health" has lost so much credibility over this. They were probably always inept, but now everyone knows it.

I guess it all depends on which you fear more.... the virus, the vaccine, or the imposition of new measures to "slow" the spread of virus.

I got the vaccine only because I thought it would help toward letting us all get back to our lives.

But it turns out that all we really needed was the right sort of political pressure, because our betters in government respond to political pressure a whole lot more than they do to science or data.

I am more afraid of delayed effects from the vaccine than I am of covid variants. But I have already accepted the shots. The die is cast.

Right there with you on the shots. I was talked into getting the shots by several nurses I know. Who knows what will happen as far as long term side effects go but like you said the die is cast. Also, the only way to get into Heaven is for our bodies to die which is going to happen at some point virus or not. Not saying it's a side effect by any means but since I got the shots my feet are swollen and stiff all the time. Why'd it have to be my feet?
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Del
Sneaky Snusser
Sneaky Snusser

Post by Del » Tue May 25, 2021 9:07 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:41 pm
Del wrote:

Right there with you on the shots. I was talked into getting the shots by several nurses I know. Who knows what will happen as far as long term side effects go but like you said the die is cast. Also, the only way to get into Heaven is for our bodies to die which is going to happen at some point virus or not. Not saying it's a side effect by any means but since I got the shots my feet are swollen and stiff all the time. Why'd it have to be my feet?
Don't get me wrong: I believe that the vaccine is probably safe and effective. Anybody who wants it should avail himself to it.

I have a mild sense of regret.... but this is more personal and emotional than anything scientific. I don't like taking drugs that I don't understand, at least to the limit of my ability. And this mRNA technology is a total black box to me.

Our news media haven't even done their bit to provide a little education.

I'd probably feel a lot better if I had done some research beforehand.
G.K. Chesterton — 'It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.'

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Wed May 26, 2021 6:30 am

On the subject of vaccines, I intended to be the guinea pig for my family but several other family members got vaccinated first, for jobs mostly, and because they had access to it before I did.
So now I got it, and now I'm hearing that booster shots will be necessary. I may or may not get future booster shots, it depends on how active I want to be in the work force, and other activities in the public like Gideon and other volunteer work.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Wed May 26, 2021 8:17 am

Remember when this was a "crazy conspiracy theory"?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:45 am

Del wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:07 pm
Stanley76 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 8:41 pm
Del wrote:

Don't get me wrong: I believe that the vaccine is probably safe and effective. Anybody who wants it should avail himself to it.

I have a mild sense of regret.... but this is more personal and emotional than anything scientific. I don't like taking drugs that I don't understand, at least to the limit of my ability. And this mRNA technology is a total black box to me.

Our news media haven't even done their bit to provide a little education.

I'd probably feel a lot better if I had done some research beforehand.
I can't tell you how disappointed I am in you. Not because you took the vaccine but because you didn't get my joke.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:48 am

Jocose wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:17 am

Remember when this was a "crazy conspiracy theory"?
Pretty sure I'd be a CW ninja by now if I hadn't taken that vaccine. Everybody knows it has alien DNA in it and aliens can't make heads nor tails of Morse Code. Those BA***RDS!

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Wed May 26, 2021 11:03 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:24 pm
"This newest second variant, known by evolutionary biologists as B.1.617.2, is “highly likely” to be more transmissible than the variant behind Britain’s devastating wintertime surge, government scientists have said. That earlier variant, known as B.1.1.7, was itself considerably more contagious than the one that first emerged last year in Wuhan, China."

"[But], a new study by Public Health England offered reassuring signs that fully vaccinated people were about as well protected from the variant first detected in India as they were from other forms of the coronavirus.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/variant-posi ... 02813.html

Seems to me, folk not yet vaccinated, should be.
Or maybe just the ones who haven't had Covid? It's strange to me that there isn't any talk of folks who have active immunity from contracting the virus. One study showed up to 9 months of immunity post infection compared to the vaccines that only tout 6 months immunity. That they still recommend the vaccine for recently infected individuals makes me think they want everyone to take the vaccine for profit......or for other more nefarious reasons. I just wish we could go back to being able to trust and follow the science without all the ulterior motives.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne