New Boots!

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho

New Boots!

Post by A_Morley » Fri May 23, 2008 10:56 am

I have a pair of 2008 English Sportsman's Burnished Leather Brogues! Just your standard Men's US size 13 brown leather boots, but I should be able to walk something like five to seven thousand miles in them, which is a big step up from my 2004 buffalo leather Chelsea boots which have a big crack in the leather where running along the top of the sole...

So I guess I won't be buying any Dunhills or Balkan Sobranie for a long time haha, since these boots way overfill my yearly quota of pretentious English accessories. My parents haven't been seen in years, but if they were around and hadn't blown their money on cheap whiskey I'm sure they would have been generous to loan me the money for new boots, as long as I told them that I was going to buy an electric guitar or something. I don't think that any bank would loan me money to buy boots. The other good thing is that if I ever had a girlfriend in the Bay Area, I could wear these boots when I went to see her and I am sure she too would agree that they were very nice boots indeed haha
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

Thoth
Never had a corndog taco shake
Never had a corndog taco shake

Post by Thoth » Fri May 23, 2008 11:06 am

So you would say that those boots were made for walking?
"Go and reconcile with him who has trespassed against you before he comes and apologises to you and steals your crown" - H.H. Pope Cyril VI<br><br>"O Lord I was not aware of the treasure within me that is You" - H.H. Pope Shenouda III

mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon

Post by mountainman » Fri May 23, 2008 11:09 am

Nice! I just purchased some new boots, though they are made for wildland fire fighting. They should last a couple thousand miles, and their completely rebuildable.
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Fri May 23, 2008 11:18 am

Are these the ones?

In any case, congratulations on the new boots. Enjoy, and for heaven's sake, get a pair of proper boot trees and take care of those things.
Last edited by colton on Fri May 23, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

SirTirithon
Congregation
Congregation

Post by SirTirithon » Fri May 23, 2008 11:19 am

Congrats Morley! Boots rock! I wear boots everyday of the week. Are they lace ups or wellingtons? I found that I actually prefer wellingtons after years of wearing lace ups. Depends on what you are wearing them for though. I mostly operate equipment at work so I can get away with them. I've also learned that gore tex sucks. lol. It's great for the first year but after that it seems to plug up and retain moisture and bacteria in the boots and then it's just plain not sanitary.
"A pipe in the mouth makes it clear that there has been no mistake--you are undoubtedly a man."
-A. A. Milne

sysiphus
NCOIC
NCOIC

Post by sysiphus » Fri May 23, 2008 11:20 am

Those are dandy!
Gossett closed his bag of Cheezits and silently prayed

TweednBriar
A Majority Text Kinda Guy
A Majority Text Kinda Guy

Post by TweednBriar » Fri May 23, 2008 11:44 am

An excellent choice, sir. May I recommend these people for accessories to show off your new boots to their full advantage?

Dug
Biff
Biff

Post by Dug » Fri May 23, 2008 11:45 am

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Those are keen boots and all. But I've got much bigger fish to fry here:

Alastair, I've been struck this afternoon by a very strong sense (call it whatever you like -- brainstorm, conviction, or epiphany) that you really should adopt the nickname "Flapjacks." In fact, it's less a question of adopting the nickname than it is recognizing that "Flapjacks" *is* your nickname, in some unavoidable, deeply ontological sense.

And I'm not talking about messing with your right honourable, legal name. In fact, the nick loses its fundamental significance without the quotation marks. I'm talking: Alastair Morley "Flapjacks" Jaques. "Flapjacks" for short. And "That's Mister 'Flapjacks' to you, bub" to any who dare hazard the overly familiar "Flappy."

And, no, I haven't been drinking.

Yet.
Last edited by Dug on Fri May 23, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sanchez
Salted Nutmeats of Upper Cornholeshire
Salted Nutmeats of Upper Cornholeshire

Post by Sanchez » Fri May 23, 2008 12:32 pm

Yeah, shut up, pasty boy. I'm the one with fish to fry here.
SirTirithon wrote:Congrats Morley! Boots rock! I wear boots everyday of the week. Are they lace ups or wellingtons? I found that I actually prefer wellingtons after years of wearing lace ups. Depends on what you are wearing them for though. I mostly operate equipment at work so I can get away with them. I've also learned that gore tex sucks. lol. It's great for the first year but after that it seems to plug up and retain moisture and bacteria in the boots and then it's just plain not sanitary.
To be blunt, you're completely ignorant on the subject of boots. You have no concept of footwear. You don't even know how much you don't know. I may barely even qualify as having feet, let alone shoes, but your sheer stupidity of a bald faced certainty. You said so many stupid things about boots that all I can imagine is you literally being a big ol' sack of stupid: a sack full of misbegotten notions with "stupidity" written across the front of it. I particularly love this little gem... of stupidity
SirTirithon wrote:Are they lace ups or wellingtons?
Did I mention that I have access to a web browser and that means I can say with all certainty that Wellington boots are only made of rubber and PVC, stupid. Well they are. I'm staggering, not only because I, like Dug, have been drinking, but also because you are so stupid that the ignorance of you literally physically manifests itself as a noxious, pink vapor of sheer idiocy that smells like spoiled veal and makes it hard to keep my balance. It's breathtaking.

But now, frankly, I'm going to call you stupid again because you're just so very stupid. You'll be wandering around for days looking for them and that will just make it apparent to everybody else just how stupid you are.

Just this. If you believe so much that there is such a thing as a pair of leather Wellingtons, go out and buy them and wear them on your stupid feet, stupid.

You are probably a true believer in non-PVC wellingtons. I don't admire this. The fact remains, you can't buy them because they don't exist. But go for it. If I'm wrong, you could have a pair of leather Wellingtons someday... but they will still look stupid on you because you, sir, are stupid.
For I am a poor and a wretched boy:
A chimbley, chimbley sweep.

MrsZed
Congregation
Congregation

Post by MrsZed » Fri May 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Somebody here may have been homeschooled.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Fri May 23, 2008 1:00 pm

MrsZed wrote:Somebody here may have been homeschooled.
Hi cutie!

It seems accurate to suppose that Sanchez was not adequately socialized in a public school.

At the very least, he did not get enough nappy-time during kindergarten.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

PaxPipe
Congregation
Congregation

Post by PaxPipe » Fri May 23, 2008 1:03 pm

my daddy use to say you can judge a man by his boots so long as you dont mind em up your rear

i think flapjacks never should of let sanchez out of the cellar

MrsZed
Congregation
Congregation

Post by MrsZed » Fri May 23, 2008 1:10 pm

Del wrote:
Hi cutie!

It seems accurate to suppose that Sanchez was not adequately socialized in a public school.

What makes you think I was talking about Sanchez? Considering the number of people who have posted, there is a chance that at least one has been home schooled. Of course, now that YOU have entered the discussion, the odds change dramatically.

And drop the flirting. It's annoying.

colton
Spiffy Enough
Spiffy Enough

Post by colton » Fri May 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Sanchez, your polemic on the good Sir's poor word choice would have been quite a blow were it not for this awful, awful sentence, which strips your diatribe of any credibility.
Sanchez wrote:I may barely even qualify as having feet, let alone shoes, but your sheer stupidity of a bald faced certainty.
What? Did you miss the day when they discussed verbs in grammar class? Fixing it is as simple as tacking on an intransitive verb likestandsbefore the period, but no, you couldn't proof read for sentence fragments.

And it'sbold-faced certainty.Bald-faced certaintyrefers to the resolve of a clean-shaven man, which SirTirithon is not. If you happen to be in the British Isles, you might hear ofbare-faced certainty,referring to now-antiquated head coverings, butbald-facednesshas nothing to do with certainty unless you are remarking on facial grooming, whereasbold-facedwas first used to suggest a strong, confident expression that frequently accompanies impudence in Shakespeare'sHenry VI—a much stronger pedigree than your phonic misconstruction, which didn't appear in English until 1648.

I can't even begin to tell you how many ways a reader could misinterpret the second clause because of your grammatical hamfistedness. And you accuse Mr. Tirithon on the basis of his sloppy language. The audacity!
Last edited by colton on Fri May 23, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dug
Biff
Biff

Post by Dug » Fri May 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Yeah, shut up, pasty boy. I'm the one with fish to fry here....

I'm staggering, not only because I, like Dug, have been drinking
Look here, young upstart. I most certainly have not been drinking. Not even water. For at least 12 days.

As much as I hate to part ways with your esteemed father, A.M. "Flapjacks" Jaques, you're only making the case I pleaded to him a decade ago. "Spare the rod, spoil the Sanchez," I maintained. But NO, according to the tome on Emotive Parenting that was always under his arm back then, that would have "inhibited your self actualization," or some such. Phuh. Now look at you: An abrasive, abusive, homeless, footless ne'er-do-well.

As the Brits might say, it's people like you what put the "screa" into "miscreant."

And I have not been drinking.

Dug
Biff
Biff

Post by Dug » Fri May 23, 2008 1:31 pm

And what Colton said, too.

(I have reason to believe that he also has not been drinking.)

Del

Post by Del » Fri May 23, 2008 1:31 pm

MrsZed wrote:
Del wrote:
Hi cutie!

What makes you think I was talking about Sanchez? Considering the number of people who have posted, there is a chance that at least one has been home schooled. Of course, now that YOU have entered the discussion, the odds change dramatically.

And drop the flirting. It's annoying.
(I just love it when she plays "hard-to-get"!)

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Dug
Biff
Biff

Post by Dug » Fri May 23, 2008 1:48 pm

[sigh] Del...

We're trying to fry big fish and flapjacks, not fictional flirtations.

Del

Post by Del » Fri May 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Dug wrote:[sigh] Del...

We're trying to fry big fish and flapjacks, not fictional flirtations.
Sorry... I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I just can't help the way my heart goes pitter-pat when you-know-who is on the board!

So... Sanchez is getting schooled in the use of verbs, and Ol' Flapjacks got some new boots.

New boots are great.... my son got some new boots at Boot Camp last week. He is very excited about them! "Desert Sand" style.

Mrs_Del
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Mrs_Del » Fri May 23, 2008 2:14 pm

DEL!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

You two-timing womanizer, all the time you spent on the computer I thought you were downloading pirated mp3s and software. Instead I find you carrying on with some bloated hussy.

That its mister, when you come home don't expect me and the 16 kids to be waiting for you. Maybe I'll go cavort with Zed see how you like that.