General Hints and Tips

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

General Hints and Tips

Post by John-Boy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:04 pm

This was borrowed from the ATS website. There's some valuable info here for us.
Be nice. We're all here to better understand the various obvious and hidden influences on our often stressful world...

<snip>

This is a written communication medium, so it makes sense to format your posts for easy reading for everyone. Here are some general guidelines:

1) Be polite. Above all, we take pride in the fact that [CPS] is renowned as a destination for civil and polite discussion of nearly anything. Treat your fellow members with respect, and your time here will be rewarding.

2) Don't create your entire post as one paragraph, break things up into separate thoughts.

3) Use the bold function sparingly. Use it to highlight important thoughts and not entire posts.

4) Try and spell-check and get your grammar/syntax correct. Very often, your credibility may be judged by how well you present your thoughts as a well-written post.

5) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

When responding to posts with the QUOTE button, please edit the quoted portion to the minimum amount needed to reference the post. This is plain forum etiquette as it helps to create a thread flow that is easier to read and follow.
Last edited by John-Boy on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG