Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
Post Reply
User avatar
peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: 90' from Boswell's,like in Penn's Woods

Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by peter cornbriar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:32 am

I'm not interested in BS artists or Posers who have probably never even picked up a pipe in their life,let alone smoked one.
How does one spot such a dumb ass in CPS and is there some sort of BS cyberrepellant I can use to identify and repel those pesky insects?
I also don't like pipe sellers/ re-sellers that lead double cyber lives-I'm talking about the wolves dressed in pipe smoking, sheep's clothing that use CPS as a market for their own ends.

Or how do the admins/mods police the site for such idiots/ scallywags ?

I'm not talking about the flagrant,obvious ones,I mean the more subtle ones that sneak in spinning some kind of believable introductory yarn in order to gain admission,and then are granted it.

How do I report a possible Poser/BS Artist/Seller-Re seller leading the double life ?
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14682
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by Cleon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:34 am

peter corncob wrote:I'm not interested in BS artists or Posers who have probably never even picked up a pipe in their life,let alone smoked one.
How does one spot such a dumb ass in CPS and is there some sort of BS cyberrepellant I can use to identify and repel those pesky insects?
I also don't like pipe sellers/ re-sellers that lead double cyber lives-I'm talking about the wolves dressed in pipe smoking, sheep's clothing that use CPS as a market for their own ends.

Or how do the admins/mods police the site for such idiots/ scallywags ?

I'm not talking about the flagrant,obvious ones,I mean the more subtle ones that sneak in spinning some kind of believable introductory yarn in order to gain admission,and then are granted it.

How do I report a possible Poser/BS Artist/Seller-Re seller leading the double life ?
I'd post it here for all the world to see.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35402
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by UncleBob » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 am

Cleon wrote:
peter corncob wrote:I'm not interested in BS artists or Posers who have probably never even picked up a pipe in their life,let alone smoked one.
How does one spot such a dumb ass in CPS and is there some sort of BS cyberrepellant I can use to identify and repel those pesky insects?
I also don't like pipe sellers/ re-sellers that lead double cyber lives-I'm talking about the wolves dressed in pipe smoking, sheep's clothing that use CPS as a market for their own ends.

Or how do the admins/mods police the site for such idiots/ scallywags ?

I'm not talking about the flagrant,obvious ones,I mean the more subtle ones that sneak in spinning some kind of believable introductory yarn in order to gain admission,and then are granted it.

How do I report a possible Poser/BS Artist/Seller-Re seller leading the double life ?
I'd post it here for all the world to see.
I guess you could also use that "Foe" button.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Posts: 10836
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: ~3.99 feet east of 4 feet west of here.
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by hogleg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:42 am

peter corncob wrote:I'm not talking about the flagrant,obvious ones,I mean the more subtle ones that sneak in spinning some kind of believable introductory yarn in order to gain admission,and then are granted it.
hhhmmmmmmm. Who's the new guy here? How are we to know you aren't one of the subtle ones who sneak in spinning some kind of believable introductory yarn in order to gain admission,and then are granted it?
How do I report a possible Poser/BS Artist/Seller-Re seller leading the double life ?
Why do you feel the need to report such or post a thread about it? If it's really that bothersome, why not just quietly PM one of the admins?
Last edited by hogleg on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21220
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by FredS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:43 am

What in the world are you talking about? Has someone here scammed you? If you've been cheated, and have been unable to resolve the problem directly with the individual or company, then tell the story and name names.

EDIT: If you're upset because some people here make fun of corn cob pipes, then that's the least of your worries. You'll find much more here to be angry about that ribbing about smoking cobs. Note that CPS is not a church and nobody here feels the need to be insincerely 'nice' just because of the 'C' in CPS. Posers (whether inauthentic about their faith or their pipe smoking) are soon found out - nobody needs you to point them out. It's also worth noting that almost everyone active on CPS since you joined has meet - face-to-face, in the real world - other CPS'ers. I can't think of any fakers here.
Last edited by FredS on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by John-Boy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 am

Decaf? :coffee:
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Posts: 10836
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: ~3.99 feet east of 4 feet west of here.
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by hogleg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 am

FredS wrote:If you're upset because some people here make fun of corn cob pipes, then that's the least of your worries.
Au contraire. There is no wrong wronger than denigrating the cob.

Strike one.
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

User avatar
gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Posts: 7865
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by gravel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:01 am

John-Boy wrote:Decaf? :coffee:
That's good advice right there.

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21220
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by FredS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:02 am

FredS wrote:. . . It's also worth noting that almost everyone active on CPS since you joined has meet - face-to-face, in the real world - other CPS'ers. I can't think of any fakers here.
Actually, I should retract that statement. There is one new guy here - who nobody has met in person - that I have suspicions about. In fact his story is set up to pretty much exclude the possibility of ever meeting anyone in real life. My spidey sense says his story is too far fetched, but I have kept quiet about my suspicions. Have you been scammed by someone who's been active here less than 2 months?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21220
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by FredS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:06 am

I'll just put it out there. . .
I'm suspicious of Briar Spirit.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Posts: 7865
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by gravel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:06 am

FredS wrote:
FredS wrote:. . . It's also worth noting that almost everyone active on CPS since you joined has meet - face-to-face, in the real world - other CPS'ers. I can't think of any fakers here.
Actually, I should retract that statement. There is one new guy here - who nobody has met in person - that I have suspicions about. In fact his story is set up to pretty much exclude the possibility of ever meeting anyone in real life. My spidey sense says his story is too far fetched, but I have kept quiet about my suspicions. Have you been scammed by someone who's been active here less than 2 months?
It's true. Nobody has met me.

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by John-Boy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:07 am

gravel wrote:
FredS wrote:
FredS wrote:. . . It's also worth noting that almost everyone active on CPS since you joined has meet - face-to-face, in the real world - other CPS'ers. I can't think of any fakers here.
Actually, I should retract that statement. There is one new guy here - who nobody has met in person - that I have suspicions about. In fact his story is set up to pretty much exclude the possibility of ever meeting anyone in real life. My spidey sense says his story is too far fetched, but I have kept quiet about my suspicions. Have you been scammed by someone who's been active here less than 2 months?
It's true. Nobody has met me.
But we know you exist because of the box... with the pie in it...
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: 90' from Boswell's,like in Penn's Woods

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by peter cornbriar » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:19 am

No,I haven't been burned by anyone in CPS
No,I'm not a poser,anyone can come to my house anytime I'm home and watch me smoke my corncobs or BRIARS and see I'm not some shady re-seller who snuck in through the CPS backdoor LOL.
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by John-Boy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:21 am

peter corncob wrote:No,I haven't been burned by anyone in CPS
No,I'm not a poser,anyone can come to my house anytime I'm home and watch me smoke my corncobs or BRIARS and see I'm not some shady re-seller who snuck in through the CPS backdoor LOL.
After the whole "Artguy" fiasco, we closed those backdoors.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by Pepik » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:23 am

John-Boy wrote:
peter corncob wrote:No,I haven't been burned by anyone in CPS
No,I'm not a poser,anyone can come to my house anytime I'm home and watch me smoke my corncobs or BRIARS and see I'm not some shady re-seller who snuck in through the CPS backdoor LOL.
After the whole "Artguy" fiasco, we closed those backdoors.
Ha!


So basically - Party at Pete's House! BYOB?
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration
Posts: 24182
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Location: Slightly East of Pepik
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by Skip » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 am

John-Boy wrote:
peter corncob wrote:No,I haven't been burned by anyone in CPS
No,I'm not a poser,anyone can come to my house anytime I'm home and watch me smoke my corncobs or BRIARS and see I'm not some shady re-seller who snuck in through the CPS backdoor LOL.
After the whole "Artguy" fiasco, we closed those backdoors.
And GOT RID OF all the surveillance cameras.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21967
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by JimVH » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 am

You got me, I'm a poser. 90% of what I post is a lie and the rest I just make up.

User avatar
hogleg
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Chief Strong Wind (Pops to TLO)
Posts: 10836
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: ~3.99 feet east of 4 feet west of here.
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by hogleg » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 am

gravel wrote:
FredS wrote:
FredS wrote:. . . It's also worth noting that almost everyone active on CPS since you joined has meet - face-to-face, in the real world - other CPS'ers. I can't think of any fakers here.
Actually, I should retract that statement. There is one new guy here - who nobody has met in person - that I have suspicions about. In fact his story is set up to pretty much exclude the possibility of ever meeting anyone in real life. My spidey sense says his story is too far fetched, but I have kept quiet about my suspicions. Have you been scammed by someone who's been active here less than 2 months?
It's true. Nobody has met me.
Nor has anyone on CPS met me.
Aye. Happiness has been achieved. I can now love you all because I'll never know what you actually think. --- Hugodrax, 16 July 2016

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by John-Boy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:39 am

hogleg wrote:
gravel wrote:
FredS wrote:
FredS wrote:. . . It's also worth noting that almost everyone active on CPS since you joined has meet - face-to-face, in the real world - other CPS'ers. I can't think of any fakers here.
Actually, I should retract that statement. There is one new guy here - who nobody has met in person - that I have suspicions about. In fact his story is set up to pretty much exclude the possibility of ever meeting anyone in real life. My spidey sense says his story is too far fetched, but I have kept quiet about my suspicions. Have you been scammed by someone who's been active here less than 2 months?
It's true. Nobody has met me.
Nor has anyone on CPS met me.
How do we know that no one has met you?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 37543
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by Del » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 am

peter corncob wrote:How does one spot such a dumb ass in CPS and is there some sort of BS cyberrepellant I can use to identify and repel those pesky insects?
I'm sorry, but there is no way for us to discern the dumbasses from the rest of CPS posters.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Post Reply