Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Re: Posers or you have no idea what you're talking about...

Post by Tatanka » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm confused, and a bit disgusted with many of the recent posts. If a guy makes a human mistake - - any body here EVER make one? If not you must be #2 next to the Great White Throne! Well, when a guy makes a mistake - and yes, I've evidently made many and got a sarcastic comment pointing it out....and now I hear all this angry, JIBE - or whatever the hell you all call it - - this waste of time in communicating here, and I leave time and again so DISAPOINTED! I looked for friendship; some sharing between pipe "puffers" - -NOW do I have to apologize for using the word "puffers" instead of smokers?

But I've not found the friendly, stand up for each other, friends, buddies, understanding, carrying pipe smokers who share this one hobby together; sort of trusting, relaxed, atmosphere; but more and more I find bits, and judgments, and I wonder "what did someone post that upset someone so much?" And I don't know. I'm just disappointed, and am thinking of dropping out entirely!

I wanted friendship; an understanding patient buddy system sort of Forum; While a few have stuck their heads up, from time to time, they mostly disappear and the snips, and angry judgments, as if someone made some of you "LORD Almighty!" And It's just disappointing!

Where is the "Christian" part of this "pipesmokers net"? I read arguments between different beliefs; but I don't see much Christian Fellowship here!
A very few have become personal friends of mind - - although with some, years go by without any communication.

I'm in a sad mood tonight. Yeah, I'm sad over a daughter who is a drug addict now; over being filled with physical pain daily; since months ago.
I'm struggling with my own faith in trusting and "giving thanks in all conditions and situations" and I often feel I'm disappointing the only Father I ever had - and this one is Heavenly; so not much communications; no pats on the back; no hugs; and I thought maybe here in this forum I'd find some really open, friendly, loving brothers.

Instead I find a lot of jibberish communications between key members that I have no idea in hell what you're talking about; and then a TON of "unkind" comments whenever anyone posts something some of you don't agree with OR WAS POSTED in the "wrong" section. Lord! Have mercy!
Such a GIANT thing, to post a Foird comment in a GMC section! Draw your .45's guys and shoot him down!

We have a world going crazy; people are being killed daily; throats cut while just crossing the street, or walking across a bridge; Run over by cars and trucks; Shot to death while just listening to music! An American Government that seems to follow some Comic Strip! Crazy governments going wild ! Dishonesty, greed for the $1.00, the "love of money" that "root of ALL Evil" evidence almost weekly; and I hear criticisms on this forum because a person mis-pelled, or ended a sentence with a preposition! My gosh! Guys! I thought this was a Christian Pipe Smokers Forum!
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:12 pm
I'm confused, and a bit disgusted with many of the recent posts. If a guy makes a human mistake - - any body here EVER make one? If not you must be #2 next to the Great White Throne! Well, when a guy makes a mistake - and yes, I've evidently made many and got a sarcastic comment pointing it out....and now I hear all this angry, JIBE - or whatever the hell you all call it - - this waste of time in communicating here, and I leave time and again so DISAPOINTED! I looked for friendship; some sharing between pipe "puffers" - -NOW do I have to apologize for using the word "puffers" instead of smokers?

But I've not found the friendly, stand up for each other, friends, buddies, understanding, carrying pipe smokers who share this one hobby together; sort of trusting, relaxed, atmosphere; but more and more I find bits, and judgments, and I wonder "what did someone post that upset someone so much?" And I don't know. I'm just disappointed, and am thinking of dropping out entirely!

I wanted friendship; an understanding patient buddy system sort of Forum; While a few have stuck their heads up, from time to time, they mostly disappear and the snips, and angry judgments, as if someone made some of you "LORD Almighty!" And It's just disappointing!

Where is the "Christian" part of this "pipesmokers net"? I read arguments between different beliefs; but I don't see much Christian Fellowship here!
A very few have become personal friends of mind - - although with some, years go by without any communication.

I'm in a sad mood tonight. Yeah, I'm sad over a daughter who is a drug addict now; over being filled with physical pain daily; since months ago.
I'm struggling with my own faith in trusting and "giving thanks in all conditions and situations" and I often feel I'm disappointing the only Father I ever had - and this one is Heavenly; so not much communications; no pats on the back; no hugs; and I thought maybe here in this forum I'd find some really open, friendly, loving brothers.

Instead I find a lot of jibberish communications between key members that I have no idea in hell what you're talking about; and then a TON of "unkind" comments whenever anyone posts something some of you don't agree with OR WAS POSTED in the "wrong" section. Lord! Have mercy!
Such a GIANT thing, to post a Foird comment in a GMC section! Draw your .45's guys and shoot him down!

We have a world going crazy; people are being killed daily; throats cut while just crossing the street, or walking across a bridge; Run over by cars and trucks; Shot to death while just listening to music! An American Government that seems to follow some Comic Strip! Crazy governments going wild ! Dishonesty, greed for the $1.00, the "love of money" that "root of ALL Evil" evidence almost weekly; and I hear criticisms on this forum because a person mis-pelled, or ended a sentence with a preposition! My gosh! Guys! I thought this was a Christian Pipe Smokers Forum!
You know, I've read this sort of comment before from others, and I'm starting to believe the people that complain the most about the place being "un-Christian" are the ones least connected to the people here by real ties. I've made a lot of friends here via telephone and at least one real life meeting (I sincerely hope there will be more). I'm always stunned by the amount of thoughtfulness expressed by the membership: they pray for your needs and conspire to offer real help behind the scenes for brethren in need...real, tangible help, delivered in secret.

I see this sort of complaint as an attempt to judge men by their fruits without bothering to find out what's really going on. I'll take a lot of things. Many of us, myself included, can give and take offense. But these men and women are Christians in the truest sense of the word, and I don't think it's fair to say otherwise.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Roadmaster
Ornery one-eyed tick farming weiner dog

Post by Roadmaster » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Tatanka, sorry you feel this way.
It has been said by someone smart that the worst thing you can do to someone is to ignore them.
Take FredS for example, he seems like a hard to get along with old bastard maybe.
When I was in the hospital a couple of years ago he was willing to drive about three hours to help me out.
That is just one example.
I owe Codemonkey a steak dinner and he hasn't sent his goons after me, yet.
Oh Mighty Cobfather, return and smite the interlopers.

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 pm
Tatanka wrote:

You know, I've read this sort of comment before from others, and I'm starting to believe the people that complain the most about the place being "un-Christian" are the ones least connected to the people here by real ties. I've made a lot of friends here via telephone and at least one real life meeting (I sincerely hope there will be more). I'm always stunned by the amount of thoughtfulness expressed by the membership: they pray for your needs and conspire to offer real help behind the scenes for brethren in need...real, tangible help, delivered in secret.

I see this sort of complaint as an attempt to judge men by their fruits without bothering to find out what's really going on. I'll take a lot of things. Many of us, myself included, can give and take offense. But these men and women are Christians in the truest sense of the word, and I don't think it's fair to say otherwise.
I have met many a great friend here. I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of you in person, and many of you have helped me and the missus over the years while living overseas. I must admit, though, I never expected much from this place though and perhaps that is the reason I've found a great deal of fellowship here, even if I don't come around as often as I'd like. At the same time, I have seen many things that transpire on this forum that give off the vibe Tatanka is talking about. At the end of the day though, we're all broken and in need of healing, so it is not unusual for spits and spats to happen from time to time.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Tatanka -
It sounds like you're in a world of hurt right now. I'm sorry for what's going on in your life. I'm sorry you're not finding what you need here. I'm sorry my jackassery has added to your misery. I promise you that it's (almost) never my intent to cause anyone here pain or anguish.

You and I are in different seasons. I come to CPS for entertainment - to joke and mess around with friends. You're here looking for something else entirely. Thanks for being straight about what you see going on and what you'd rather see. The simple truth is that I'm a guy, and I often don't pick up on subtleties from other people and I had no idea I was causing irritation. Now that you've said it (and thanks again for saying it), I'll lay off. Roadmaster is right - there are a lot of folks here who will do what they can to help if only you say what it is you need.

I've prayed for you and your family.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:08 am

Tatanka wrote:

I can relate. Prayers for your daughter and for you. You've been a blessing to me here on CPS and I thank you for your prayers that you've offered over my son and his struggles.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 am

Tatanka wrote:
Sorry about that....

How are you doing, old buddy? Glad to see you back!

We have folks here who are have stood by loved ones through addiction and rehab. Some with stories of success. Some with ongoing frustration. Some guys are recovering from their own addictions.

Would you like to talk about it?
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 am

Tatanka

The others have covered it, so I will only add that I am praying for you and your family.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 am

I will say this, you got to be able to take a joke.
I don’t think there is a single member here that means any harm.

wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent

Post by wosbald » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:37 am

+JMJ+
Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 am
What about collectively?

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:42 am

wosbald wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:37 am
+JMJ+
Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 am
What about collectively?
aim nawt so shur ubowt du modz
ai fink derr4 ai whiddle

"May I ask if you are aware of the fact that you are attempting to act morally superior towards a digital manifestation of a dog made from a sock?" - A_Morley

sokpuppt uv du yer 2015 2016 2017 !!!

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Well guys,
I write, after reading the posts present on the 18th Oct.,and the private message. And Hugodrax, I would like to meet you on the phone, and I hope to call you sometime. I'm not a big telephone conversation person - I love face to face. When's the next time you all are planning on coming to Bakersfield, CA? (Joke).
I have mixed emotions. I guess apologies should always come first, so I apologize for my judgmental tone. You'll have to believe me - although I can hear possibly all of you, with some degree of justification, saying NO WAY! But I do hate judgment of others. As a perfectionist, wife and youngest daughter say I'm an "obsessive-compulsive". My wife can leave dishes she just finished eating from in the sink, and I don't understand that. And since it only takes a few minutes, I go ahead and wash them (our dishwasher has been dead for years). And these sorts of things make me hard to deal with at times in our marriage of 58 years. I'm always sensitive to having people point out when I have been judgmental. Yes, I can see or hear that as I re-read my post; but of course I have my defense as well.
But I apologize and ask your forgiveness for every part that, you identified as my being judgmental.
OK, now my defense. Light up and try to slip my cowboy boots on for a bit here and feel the fit or non-fit. [Walking the mockasins, remember?]
I have felt almost totally ignored on this forum. My impression is that those of you who HAVE become good friends; ( understand jokes and jibes when given and in your quaint way, are free to toss 'em right back); don't feel the need to make any comment or acknowledgement of the presence of anyone else on the forum. Before GOD I was not judging your personal Christianity "in Christ"; but I do question if the cliquishness (sp?) - that's what it's felt like to me - doesn't suggest at times - - a lack of politeness; brotherly-kindness in at least saying "Hi Tom,Dick or Harry" or some comment about something that was posted .....sometimes weeks go by and NOTHING! Not just me but others who seem to be totally ignored. I've kinda felt like saying, "Hey guys! Am I not showing up here? Can't you see me? And there are others on here too!
I don't judge your friendships, developed over the years, nor that you have helped one another. That is a beautiful thing. I know there were some years when I did not even visit CPS. But it was for the same reasons I've tried to spell out here. But I shouldn't be a total stranger. I joined in 2008.
Without ANY JUDGMENT. No really! No judgment! I'm SERIOUSLY just thinking maybe my temperament or personality is such that it just does not FIT a forum like this; no matter how nice and friendly the well established guys are with one another.

Now can I squeeze in a confession in this spot? It fits. NO! I AM NOT! using this as an excuse, "But Officer Sir, I was driving 80 mph because I HAD TO GET HOME TO WATCH Gunsmoke!" But I'm sure it helped to loose my tongue and add a bit to my impatience.... I had been drinking and did so as I wrote my tale of woe! Wine, then Kirkland (Costco) $18 (good price) 6 year old, blended Canadian Whisky. My wife was shopping. I was home alone. Had I been able to write without any "additional influence" I may have not written anything. I've thought about expressing my feelings for years actually.

But I would be totally embarrassed (good for helping to grow a bit in humility) if you all suddenly gave me all the red, shiny trucks to play with in the big CPS Sandbox, just so I wouldn't pout or cry or throw sand at the rest of you, before I stomped home; just because you rarely let me play with a spare red truck in the sand! "Selah!"

I'm some embarrassed; some, feeling guilty; but I recall times when I've responded kindly to what I and one or two others whom agreed, had been some pretty caustic, harsh comments about a post I had made. You're right! I don't understand that kind of treatment!

I want to write more; motivation: feeling I'm not being fully correctly understood. But that's ok. But if I keep writing, I'll dig a hole so deep, you cannot see or hear me anymore and the chorus might ring out, "Good riddance! Now let's get back to what we were taking about!"

Go Dodgers! :)
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Forgot: GIANT thank you for the prayers!
Soli Deo Gloria!

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:58 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:30 pm
Well guys,
I write, after reading the posts present on the 18th Oct.,and the private message. And Hugodrax, I would like to meet you on the phone, and I hope to call you sometime. I'm not a big telephone conversation person - I love face to face. When's the next time you all are planning on coming to Bakersfield, CA? (Joke).
I have mixed emotions. I guess apologies should always come first, so I apologize for my judgmental tone. You'll have to believe me - although I can hear possibly all of you, with some degree of justification, saying NO WAY! But I do hate judgment of others. As a perfectionist, wife and youngest daughter say I'm an "obsessive-compulsive". My wife can leave dishes she just finished eating from in the sink, and I don't understand that. And since it only takes a few minutes, I go ahead and wash them (our dishwasher has been dead for years). And these sorts of things make me hard to deal with at times in our marriage of 58 years. I'm always sensitive to having people point out when I have been judgmental. Yes, I can see or hear that as I re-read my post; but of course I have my defense as well.
But I apologize and ask your forgiveness for every part that, you identified as my being judgmental.
OK, now my defense. Light up and try to slip my cowboy boots on for a bit here and feel the fit or non-fit. [Walking the mockasins, remember?]
I have felt almost totally ignored on this forum. My impression is that those of you who HAVE become good friends; ( understand jokes and jibes when given and in your quaint way, are free to toss 'em right back); don't feel the need to make any comment or acknowledgement of the presence of anyone else on the forum. Before GOD I was not judging your personal Christianity "in Christ"; but I do question if the cliquishness (sp?) - that's what it's felt like to me - doesn't suggest at times - - a lack of politeness; brotherly-kindness in at least saying "Hi Tom,Dick or Harry" or some comment about something that was posted .....sometimes weeks go by and NOTHING! Not just me but others who seem to be totally ignored. I've kinda felt like saying, "Hey guys! Am I not showing up here? Can't you see me? And there are others on here too!
I don't judge your friendships, developed over the years, nor that you have helped one another. That is a beautiful thing. I know there were some years when I did not even visit CPS. But it was for the same reasons I've tried to spell out here. But I shouldn't be a total stranger. I joined in 2008.
Without ANY JUDGMENT. No really! No judgment! I'm SERIOUSLY just thinking maybe my temperament or personality is such that it just does not FIT a forum like this; no matter how nice and friendly the well established guys are with one another.

Now can I squeeze in a confession in this spot? It fits. NO! I AM NOT! using this as an excuse, "But Officer Sir, I was driving 80 mph because I HAD TO GET HOME TO WATCH Gunsmoke!" But I'm sure it helped to loose my tongue and add a bit to my impatience.... I had been drinking and did so as I wrote my tale of woe! Wine, then Kirkland (Costco) $18 (good price) 6 year old, blended Canadian Whisky. My wife was shopping. I was home alone. Had I been able to write without any "additional influence" I may have not written anything. I've thought about expressing my feelings for years actually.

But I would be totally embarrassed (good for helping to grow a bit in humility) if you all suddenly gave me all the red, shiny trucks to play with in the big CPS Sandbox, just so I wouldn't pout or cry or throw sand at the rest of you, before I stomped home; just because you rarely let me play with a spare red truck in the sand! "Selah!"

I'm some embarrassed; some, feeling guilty; but I recall times when I've responded kindly to what I and one or two others whom agreed, had been some pretty caustic, harsh comments about a post I had made. You're right! I don't understand that kind of treatment!

I want to write more; motivation: feeling I'm not being fully correctly understood. But that's ok. But if I keep writing, I'll dig a hole so deep, you cannot see or hear me anymore and the chorus might ring out, "Good riddance! Now let's get back to what we were taking about!"

Go Dodgers! :)
You kidding me? I took your warning to heart. I'll lighten up. Until I fail again. Then I'll lighten up again. I sense a pattern until I get it right.

And you fit in just fine.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Bring it in, group hug..
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:38 pm
Bring it in, group hug..
:grouphug:
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Anybody that rushes home to watch Gunsmoke can't be all bad.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 pm
Anybody that rushes home to watch Gunsmoke can't be all bad.
Legit.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:32 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:19 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 pm
Truth be known I actually love The Mighty Cob but I'm afraid of Jocose. Maybe someday I will get brave and come out of The Cobset.
I love to consume their outer nuggets, but don't you dare ruin good tobacco with pig food.

Tatanka

Post by Tatanka » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm

Appreciate the above comments. And I found another "red truck" buried in the sand.
Soli Deo Gloria!