How to create Avatar using facebook photo?

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor

How to create Avatar using facebook photo?

Post by peter cornbriar » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:36 am

How do I create a CPS Avatar using my existing facebook photo?

Please, in simple, easy steps, as Mrs.corncob already divulged on CPS, my technological impairment <-- :oops:
Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Fear God and keep His commandments,for this is the whole duty of man. Ecc.12:13

I get up, walk two steps, fall down and get up again only to repeat the same...if you meet me face down on life's pathway,please help me to get up.

Pepik
Working as Intended

Re: How to create Avatar using facebook photo?

Post by Pepik » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:22 am

1. Copy your Facebook picture to hard-drive of your PC (consult Google on how to copy pictures out of Facebook onto your PC - usually it's as easy as hovering your mouse pointed over the picture you want, Right-clicking the mouse on it and then selecting the "Save Image As.." option)
  2. Go to http://www.picresize.com/ and load your picture up to their site (see directions on this site on how to do this)
  3. Follow directions on the http://www.picresize.com/ site on how to resize the picture to no more than 121 wide by 121 high pixel size (search Google for what pixel is). Keep an eye on the projected file size to make sure it fits in the 30 Kilobyte maximum file size (see Google for what all that means as needed)
  4. Once you resize the picture - save the new one to the hard-drive of your PC - consider renaming it to something other than the file name you used in step 1 so as not to overwrite the original
  5. Rest. You've done hard work up to this point. Malted barley soda-pop is a good idea. Ponder the consistency and architecture of the universe. Or you could just proceed now to step 6
  6. Bring up the CPS forum site. Click on "User Control Panel" at the top of each page (as long as you're logged in under your account). You'll find it in the third line of menu choices, immediately under the "Christian Pipe Smokers" text 'logo' at the top of each page
  7. Select the 'Profile' Tab, then Edit Avatar sub-page on the tabs to the left of the page
  8. Follow the directions to upload your resized Avatar
  9. If needed - consult the PhpBB 3.0 User's Guide found here on User Control Panel operations for adding an Avatar
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:14 am

So THAT'S how the rest of the world does it. Cool.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Who is this Google fella you're referring to? Is he one of those Lord of the Rings characters?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 pm

FredS wrote:Who is this Google fella you're referring to? Is he one of those Lord of the Rings characters?
http://www.who.is/whois/google.com
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates