The Cursor: Now it's here...Now it Gone

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
Haroldt
Congregation
Congregation

The Cursor: Now it's here...Now it Gone

Post by Haroldt » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Am I the only one that experiences the following on this site:

When I begin to post some, I bring my cursor to the text box and click in the box. I see the cursor and (with my head down) I beginning to type away. A sentence or two in to my epistle, I look at the screen to see NO TEXT. the cursor is not to be found and my burst of inspiration and wisdom is not to be found.

I'm using Win7 and IE 10.
Mr T

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Re: The Cursor: Now it's here...Now it Gone

Post by Del » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Hmmm.... I dunno.

I use a Mac, and don't have a problem. I used to use Windows, and didn't have a problem.

Text is pretty basic. Type on the keys, and it appears on the screen.

Does this glitch trouble you in other applications, or is it just on CPS?
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Nope, but I'm using Firefox on Windows 7. I think there are prob. very few using IE but we'll see. I think there are a lot using Chrome and there is good number that are on Linux rather than windows plus Mac users and quite a few on tapatalk from their cell phones.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Haroldt
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Haroldt » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Del - No, I do not have this issue on other forums, sites, or applications. Basically, I have to remember to click inside the text box twice for the cursor to "stick."
Mr T

StatHaldol
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by StatHaldol » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:31 am

I post mainly with an IPhone or IPad. I've had to tap in the text box a couple of times for the cursor to stick, but not every time.
"Twas much, that man was made like God before, but that God should be made like man, much more". John Donne

Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by Steverino » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:10 am

Using Windows 10 and ie10. Have had the same problem intermittently on this and other platforms and within other applications.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:16 am

This would have nothing to do with this site. Sounds like a different issue, perhaps some plugin or piece of software associated with your browser on your particular machine is "stealing the cursor's focus", as its referred to.

What happens when you try a different browser, or a different machine/phone/tablet?
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Del

Post by Del » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:45 am

Pepik wrote:This would have nothing to do with this site. Sounds like a different issue, perhaps some plugin or piece of software associated with your browser on your particular machine is "stealing the cursor's focus", as its referred to.
It's probably Jocose.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Haroldt
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Haroldt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:49 am

Pepik - I'll have to get back to you on that question. I primarily use only one puter, which is a Dell Desktop. Next week, (when da little women returns) I'll see if it occurs on the laptop.
Mr T

Haroldt
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Haroldt » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:26 pm

Pepik wrote:This would have nothing to do with this site. Sounds like a different issue, perhaps some plugin or piece of software associated with your browser on your particular machine is "stealing the cursor's focus", as its referred to.

What happens when you try a different browser, or a different machine/phone/tablet?
OK - finally had time to try and a mind to remember... It seems that my computer is the issue. The computer at work and my wife's laptop does not show this cursor issue. Odd, the laptop and my desktop both use Win 7 and IE 10.
Mr T

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:51 pm

Haroldt wrote:

OK - finally had time to try and a mind to remember... It seems that my computer is the issue. The computer at work and my wife's laptop does not show this cursor issue. Odd, the laptop and my desktop both use Win 7 and IE 10.
First off should be using IE11. Secondly, you may have some malware on board. Follow the directions here:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/system-xF ... ftware.htm

I'd stick to using #4 and #8, in that order.
Rgrds,
Joe

Haroldt
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Haroldt » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Thank you sir for the help. I'll have to look into IE11. Some of my use with my personally computer is also work related, so I will have to find out if 11 is ok. As for malware... I do have an anti malware program by Malwarebytes that runs twice a week on the machine, plus run in the background to catch crap.
Mr T

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:58 am

Malware bytes has a hard time catching "crap", as it's not very well supported with a Security R&D team. They aren't even included in the independent A/V Comparison for having performed so badly time afte time: http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

I'd go with Bitdfender or Kaspersky AFTER running one of those LiveCDs I mentioned, just to be sure. You've got Windows auto patching set up and are planning your move to Windows 10, right?
Rgrds,
Joe