John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Re: Font Size

Post by John-Boy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:33 pm

hugodrax wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Snappo wrote:I'm just waiting for this glorious blaze to extinguish itself...
Usually burns itself out about 02:00 EST.
Does this have anything to do with going to Nairobi?
What makes you think I'd discuss that with you?
Hmm... yeah... I don't want to know. I retract the question. I'm off to Nairobi...
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:34 pm

John-Boy wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Hmm... yeah... I don't want to know. I retract the question. I'm off to Nairobi...
Bring your wife this time, weirdo.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:35 pm

hugodrax wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Heh. I only travel with my wife.
Praying - coco

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:43 pm

John-Boy wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Heh. I only travel with my wife.
Douce man.

Pepik
Working as Intended

Post by Pepik » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:49 pm

XenForo's pay-for subscriptions. PHPBB does us just fine, and allows us to save over 12 years worth of informative posts that are still referenced by users on the Interwebs. Be a shame to lose all that and have to pay to do it. Besides, we're already passing the hat for the server this site runs on every-so-often.

Helpful idea, but one that's been considered and passed on time after time.

Besides, we have a Certified Software Security Lifecycle Professional on staff here - as long as I have time, you'll get good, clean, secure software (as much as I can) for the bargain price of "free".
Rgrds,
Joe

"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

serapion
I'll make yer head spin!
I'll make yer head spin!
Location: New Yorker from Connecticut, now exiled to the Republic of Texas

Post by serapion » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:09 pm

Here here!
Hats off to Pepik!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I am a pipe smoker, the very embodiment of mellow.
I let nothing chap my ass.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:22 am

Hmm. I guess that's a good deal.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Praying - coco

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:21 am

Snappo wrote:
FredS wrote:You've been here a week and half dude. I'm sure you're trying to be helpful, but you might want to reconsider suggesting that we burn the place down and rebuild it with new software until we know you better.
U R Right ...I am just trying to be helpful. Thanks again for the continuing warm welcome, and routinely reminding me who's boss and who's low man on the totem pole. Keeps the power trippers alive and well while the hungry stay hungry evermore in this house of our lord... gotta love the dynamics.
All I'm saying is that you don't know the dynamics and your remark was culturally insensitive. Not because you're a cad, but because you don't know the cultural history of this special place. There are no advertisements. No corporate sponsorship. No official religion. No creed. No dues. We have an admin (who doesn't own the forum BTW - the 'owner' rarely even comes around any more) who volunteers his time and talent. A lot. For free. We have a few moderators who can, but rarely do, moderate our speech. But it's mostly just a bunch of guys and a few ladies hanging around and being friends. To suggest building a new clubhouse seems to discount all the work that's gone in to this one.

I'm reminded of the time Mrs FredS stepped in it 30-some years ago during the first Christmas season of our marriage. My mothers family went a little nuts at Christmas time. Pretty much everybody bought gifts for everybody else. The pile was impressive but quite unsettling to her the first time. Standing in the kitchen after the present-opening frenzy was done, she said, innocently "Maybe we could draw names next year." She's never forgotten the burn of the laser like stare of my uncle who said "No. We like it this way."
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Snappo
Usher
Usher

Post by Snappo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:37 am

FredS wrote:
Snappo wrote:
FredS wrote:You've been here a week and half dude. I'm sure you're trying to be helpful, but you might want to reconsider suggesting that we burn the place down and rebuild it with new software until we know you better.
U R Right ...I am just trying to be helpful. Thanks again for the continuing warm welcome, and routinely reminding me who's boss and who's low man on the totem pole. Keeps the power trippers alive and well while the hungry stay hungry evermore in this house of our lord... gotta love the dynamics.
All I'm saying is that you don't know the dynamics and your remark was culturally insensitive. Not because you're a cad, but because you don't know the cultural history of this special place. There are no advertisements. No corporate sponsorship. No official religion. No creed. No dues. We have an admin (who doesn't own the forum BTW - the 'owner' rarely even comes around any more) who volunteers his time and talent. A lot. For free. We have a few moderators who can, but rarely do, moderate our speech. But it's mostly just a bunch of guys and a few ladies hanging around and being friends. To suggest building a new clubhouse seems to discount all the work that's gone in to this one.

I'm reminded of the time Mrs FredS stepped in it 30-some years ago during the first Christmas season of our marriage. My mothers family went a little nuts at Christmas time. Pretty much everybody bought gifts for everybody else. The pile was impressive but quite unsettling to her the first time. Standing in the kitchen after the present-opening frenzy was done, she said, innocently "Maybe we could draw names next year." She's never forgotten the burn of the laser like stare of my uncle who said "No. We like it this way."
...Culturally insensitive??? I have thus far found few examples of sensitivity or any real depth of "cultural" tact anywhere on these threads, although I'm still holding my breath in hopes of finding at least one small lasting treasure, should I decide to stick around which is not at all crucial to my survival by any stretch. Forums change platforms all the time in lieu of updating, that's all I really know about the subject. I don't know one way or other whether platform changes enable transfers/preservation of stored/archived data between them, but my suggestion did take into thoughtful consideration, when I offered, that this may be entirely possible. If I had knowledge or thought that it wasn't possible, I wouldn't have offered the platform option which I presented in the spirit of generosity and contribution to the community. I was in no way attempting to suggest building a new clubhouse or demolishing the one established. Nothing of the kind even remotely occurred to me. Just tried to put it out there as a helpful option should anyone wish to consider. While I certainly didn't expect a gracious CPS thank you for my well-intentioned contribution, the feck you I got instead was uncalled for. Insensitivity? One would do well to reconsider one's own. Apparently my always good intentions ruffle a precious deeply-rooted highly rarefied possessive self-righteous cultural identity, which is beginning to reek more and more each day of a repugnant backwoods clannishness under my nostrils.
Feck em if they can't take a joke... :!:

FredS

Post by FredS » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:21 pm

please don't go
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Snappo
Usher
Usher

Post by Snappo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:43 pm

FredS wrote:please don't go
If I did, who would the junkyard dog have left to bark and snarl at? Thanks once more for proving my point with your disingenuous plea.

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Snappo wrote:
If I did, who would the junkyard dog have left to bark and snarl at? Thanks once more for proving my point with your disingenuous plea.
did sumwun sae dog?

Snappo
Usher
Usher

Post by Snappo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:57 pm

SockPuppeh wrote:
Snappo wrote:
did sumwun sae dog?
U R Top Dog in my book, SockPuppeh :pipe2:

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:15 pm

I miss ShellBriar.

FredS

Post by FredS » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:16 pm

Snappo and I are going to be best friends some day. I can feel it. He's a feisty one, he is.

Sorry Jocose.

Snappo
Usher
Usher

Post by Snappo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:33 pm

FredS wrote:Snappo and I are going to be best friends some day. I can feel it. He's a feisty one, he is.
Tactful retreat ...Touche'!
Perhaps. Some of the best friendships in history began (or ended) at the point of a sword ...so we shall see - EN GARDE!

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 am

Ha ha ha. Snappo sat in FredS pew...the one he's always sat in. :chili:
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Snappo
Usher
Usher

Post by Snappo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:27 pm

Cleon wrote:Ha ha ha. Snappo sat in FredS pew...the one he's always sat in. :chili:
I'm guessing that is sort of like no one sits in Archie Bunker's chair because it's HIS chair?

SockPuppeh
brudr uv du bryr

Post by SockPuppeh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Snappo wrote:
Cleon wrote:Ha ha ha. Snappo sat in FredS pew...the one he's always sat in. :chili:
I'm guessing that is sort of like no one sits in Archie Bunker's chair because it's HIS chair?
so yu r gong to sit en fredz chayr end mayk fun uv it beng hiz chayr

yu must hav stoopd bigg bulz oar eh sens uv takt dat rivulz delz

end stawp wif du boald tekst

serusle

jus stawp it

Snappo
Usher
Usher

Post by Snappo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Well then, to each his own chair - wouldn't have it any other way. Personally I don't like sitting in someone else's chair, makes me feel a bit squeamish. And I happen to like bold text.