Classical Music Buffs

Are you new to forums? Come on in.
Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Classical Music Buffs

Post by Kerdy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:37 pm

I am not sure anyone can help with this question, but....

I have all of the old Basil Rathbone B&W Sherock Holmes films on DVD from MPI Home Video.

If you enter the select chapter area, there is a violin playing in the background. Its playing a beautiful piece, but I have no idea what the piece is and would like to find out. If anyone can help, thanks!
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Kerdy
Smootchie
Smootchie

Post by Kerdy » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Not sure how I messed up and placed this in the wrong forum. My apologies!!!
"Let it be understood that those who are not found living as He taught are not Christian- even though they profess with the lips the teaching of Christ." - Justin Martyr  ( c.160 )

“Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.” - Venerable Servant of God, Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Zed
Cross threaded, Self Quoting, One Pluser
Cross threaded, Self Quoting, One Pluser

Post by Zed » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:42 pm

go to youtube and do a search on "violin concerto". There are several but maybe you will bump into the right one.
YEAH COBS

Hitchh
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Hitchh » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Kerdy wrote:Not sure how I messed up and placed this in the wrong forum. My apologies!!!
Elementry...
'Anyone can arrange a murder, it takes an artist to arrange a suicide.'

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:06 pm

just go on google and search the melody, like if it goes "bah bah bah buuuuuuuuuuuum" then type that in and see what pops up. or maybe, since it's violin, it's "la daaaaaaaaaa, dee daaa, waaaaaaaa, da da dum deeeeeeee" take your pick.
Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.
-Jack Handey

Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity

Post by Onyx » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:06 am

thegreatswalmi wrote:just go on google and search the melody, like if it goes "bah bah bah buuuuuuuuuuuum" then type that in and see what pops up. or maybe, since it's violin, it's "la daaaaaaaaaa, dee daaa, waaaaaaaa, da da dum deeeeeeee" take your pick.
Yep, question posted in the wrong forum.
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank