Page 40 of 46

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:25 pm
by durangopipe
Tinsky Eskimo.
Be still my beating heart.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:43 pm
by ryland
Image

Briarworks Scoop.

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am
by Bloodhound
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am
...other than cobs I haven’t bought any pipes in awhile!

So you are saying you haven't purchased any PIPES in some time"

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:21 pm
by rgcurrey
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am
...other than cobs I haven’t bought any pipes in awhile!

So you are saying you haven't purchased any PIPES in some time"
That is what he is saying.

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 pm
by durangopipe
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:21 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am
...other than cobs I haven’t bought any pipes in awhile!

So you are saying you haven't purchased any PIPES in some time"
That is what he is saying.
As the currently reigning (and likely never to be repeated) BRATASS of the year, and since I was told when receiving my tiara, sash and bouquet of giant hogweed that I would be representing BRATASSes at shopping mall, Blockbuster Video and bowling alley closings, Superfund site designations, sewer plant cleanings and such for this entire year . . .

I feel I must speak on Mr. McP’s behalf if not in his defense, for there is no defense to be made. The crime has been confessed. Instead, I ask for mercy,

This is a man of impeccable taste. He knows and loves briar, as any decent man would. He knows, smokes and even blends tobacco - he is a maven’s maven. A pipe and tobacco gourmand’s gourmand.

Who among us has never smoked a cOB?
Even as a youth? Answer honestly. God sees your heart.

Yes, Johnny has admitted to falling into sin. But where is our forgiveness? Our own, searching, inward look?
Let he who is without sin cast the first cOB.

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:31 pm
by rgcurrey
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:21 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am
...other than cobs I haven’t bought any pipes in awhile!

So you are saying you haven't purchased any PIPES in some time"
That is what he is saying.
As the currently reigning (and likely never to be repeated) BRATASS of the year, and since I was told when receiving my tiara, sash and bouquet of giant hogweed that I would be representing BRATASSes at shopping mall, Blockbuster Video and bowling alley closings, Superfund site designations, sewer plant cleanings and such for this entire year . . .

I feel I must speak on Mr. McP’s behalf if not in his defense, for there is no defense to be made. The crime has been confessed. Instead, I ask for mercy,

This is a man of impeccable taste. He knows and loves briar, as any decent man would. He knows, smokes and even blends tobacco - he is a maven’s maven. A pipe and tobacco gourmand’s gourmand.

Who among us has never smoked a cOB?
Even as a youth? Answer honestly. God sees your heart.

Yes, Johnny has admitted to falling into sin. But where is our forgiveness? Our own, searching, inward look?
Let he who is without sin cast the first cOB.
Picking up a stone as I have yet to smoke a corn cob pipe . . . . but alas, I have smoked the Swisher Sweets as a young one and that is like the cob of the cigar world so I will repent of my judgement.

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:08 pm
by UncleBob

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:20 pm
by JimVH
UncleBob wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:08 pm
Dang. This is beautiful:
Trever Talbert Sandblasted Bent Dublin with Bamboo $275
Image
<tear>

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 pm
by durangopipe
Mark Tinsky unique blast:

Image

$195!
Not buying ; just desiring.

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 am
by Bloodhound
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 pm
Mark Tinsky unique blast:

Image

$195!
Not buying ; just desiring.
Very cool pipe...I can't tell you why I like it, but I do

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:24 am
by Cleon
Image

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:24 am
by Cleon
Image

The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:48 am
by JohnnyMcPiperson
rgcurrey wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:21 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am
...other than cobs I haven’t bought any pipes in awhile!

So you are saying you haven't purchased any PIPES in some time"
That is what he is saying.
As the currently reigning (and likely never to be repeated) BRATASS of the year, and since I was told when receiving my tiara, sash and bouquet of giant hogweed that I would be representing BRATASSes at shopping mall, Blockbuster Video and bowling alley closings, Superfund site designations, sewer plant cleanings and such for this entire year . . .

I feel I must speak on Mr. McP’s behalf if not in his defense, for there is no defense to be made. The crime has been confessed. Instead, I ask for mercy,

This is a man of impeccable taste. He knows and loves briar, as any decent man would. He knows, smokes and even blends tobacco - he is a maven’s maven. A pipe and tobacco gourmand’s gourmand.

Who among us has never smoked a cOB?
Even as a youth? Answer honestly. God sees your heart.

Yes, Johnny has admitted to falling into sin. But where is our forgiveness? Our own, searching, inward look?
Let he who is without sin cast the first cOB.
Picking up a stone as I have yet to smoke a corn cob pipe . . . . but alas, I have smoked the Swisher Sweets as a young one and that is like the cob of the cigar world so I will repent of my judgement.
I don’t know how I’m just now seeing this, but it gave me a chuckle. I am unabashedly unrepentant, although I love a good Briar, I am a true believer that cobs have their place in the pipe world, for me some tobaccos even smoke better in a cob. To many of you this may elicit a gasp! To that I can only say... COB NATION FOREVER!

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:49 am
by JohnnyMcPiperson
Cleon wrote:Image
Ohhh I like that one a lot!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:51 am
by JohnnyMcPiperson
durangopipe wrote:Tinsky Eskimo.
Be still my beating heart.

Image

Image

Image

Image
I have a special place in ma heart for amber stems like that!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:22 pm
by durangopipe
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:48 am
rgcurrey wrote:
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:35 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:21 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:28 am
...other than cobs I haven’t bought any pipes in awhile!

So you are saying you haven't purchased any PIPES in some time"
That is what he is saying.
As the currently reigning (and likely never to be repeated) BRATASS of the year, and since I was told when receiving my tiara, sash and bouquet of giant hogweed that I would be representing BRATASSes at shopping mall, Blockbuster Video and bowling alley closings, Superfund site designations, sewer plant cleanings and such for this entire year . . .

I feel I must speak on Mr. McP’s behalf if not in his defense, for there is no defense to be made. The crime has been confessed. Instead, I ask for mercy,

This is a man of impeccable taste. He knows and loves briar, as any decent man would. He knows, smokes and even blends tobacco - he is a maven’s maven. A pipe and tobacco gourmand’s gourmand.

Who among us has never smoked a cOB?
Even as a youth? Answer honestly. God sees your heart.

Yes, Johnny has admitted to falling into sin. But where is our forgiveness? Our own, searching, inward look?
Let he who is without sin cast the first cOB.
Picking up a stone as I have yet to smoke a corn cob pipe . . . . but alas, I have smoked the Swisher Sweets as a young one and that is like the cob of the cigar world so I will repent of my judgement.
I don’t know how I’m just now seeing this, but it gave me a chuckle. I am unabashedly unrepentant, although I love a good Briar, I am a true believer that cobs have their place in the pipe world, for me some tobaccos even smoke better in a cob. To many of you this may elicit a gasp! To that I can only say... COB NATION FOREVER!

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gasp!

( :pipe2: )

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:41 am
by Bloodhound
And a somewhat embarrassed, "oh my"

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:37 pm
by Cleon
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:49 am
Cleon wrote:Image
Ohhh I like that one a lot!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every once in a while I will think of this pipe and wonder what if. I've admired it for years. It's a Bang. If I ever saw it for sale again I think I could justify purchasing it.

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:52 pm
by durangopipe
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 am
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 pm
Mark Tinsky unique blast:

Image

$195!
Not buying ; just desiring.
Very cool pipe...I can't tell you why I like it, but I do
Still hasn’t sold.
Still desiring.

Note to self: Be strong.

Re: The Pipe of Man's Desiring

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 am
by sweetandsour
durangopipe wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:52 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 am
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 pm
Mark Tinsky unique blast:

Image

$195!
Not buying ; just desiring.
Very cool pipe...I can't tell you why I like it, but I do
Still hasn’t sold.
Still desiring.

Note to self: Be strong.
Very nice looking pipe. I had one like it once, given to me by a co-worker. I passed it along later to another co-worker, and now wish I had it back. That's how it works sometimes I guess. Anyway, nice pipe.