Purchased

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
ryland
More of this
More of this

Purchased

Post by ryland » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:24 pm

I can't find the recent purchase thread...

McC Christmas Cheer 09
Bob's Chocolate Flake
Kendal Creme Flake
Zippo lighter with pipe insert.

Should have gotten a zippo lighter a long time ago. I've got ronsonol fuel in it now. Is there any big difference between that and zippo fuel?
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

USA_traveller
Usher
Usher

Post by USA_traveller » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:12 pm

Absolutely! Do not use Ronsonol in a zippo. Ronsonol has an oil residue in it that makes your lighter turn black, and in worst case scenarios can cause your lighter to clog.
"Alone with none but Thee, my God,
I journey on my way;
What need I fear when Thou art near,
Oh King of night and day?
More safe am I within Thy hand
Than if a host did round me stand."
--Attributed to Saint Columba.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:15 pm

I really like Kendal Cream. I have 250g gathering some age in the cellar.

Uncle Bob gave me a tin last year for Secret Santa... which ignited a year's worth of curiosity in Lakeland floral/fruity styles.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Del wrote:I really like Kendal Cream. I have 250g gathering some age in the cellar.

Uncle Bob gave me a tin last year for Secret Santa... which ignited a year's worth of curiosity in Lakeland floral/fruity styles.
I'm finding I love the foral notes and should have ventured there a long time ago. Do you know why they call it kendal creme? Is there a creaminess to it?
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:19 pm

USA_traveller wrote:Absolutely! Do not use Ronsonol in a zippo. Ronsonol has an oil residue in it that makes your lighter turn black, and in worst case scenarios can cause your lighter to clog.
Thanks for the great information. I'll be sure to get some zippo fluid before I refill.

I'm assuming there's no way to get rid of what's in there, is there?

Del

Post by Del » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:58 pm

ryland wrote:
Del wrote:I really like Kendal Cream. I have 250g gathering some age in the cellar.

I'm finding I love the foral notes and should have ventured there a long time ago. Do you know why they call it kendal creme? Is there a creaminess to it?
Hmmm.... American smokers think of "creamy" as a sweet vanilla flavor, or as a rich burley texture.

I don't know what the British think of when they say "creamy." (Actually, I'd prefer not to think about it too much, if I can avoid it!)

I suspect they just liked the alliteration of the name Kendal Cream.

this one is more fruity than floral. I love how the British fruit flavors accent the natural virginia sweetness.... unlike the America versions, which are more like pouring cherry syrup on burley.

This one works very well if you cut a flake into cubes the size of BB's, and pour them into your pipe without packing or tamping. Give it a try!
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Post by adauria » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:55 am

ryland wrote:
You could take the insert out and let the sucker air out a bit. I've never tried washing the filler / wick and would be wary of that.

-Andrew

FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Post by FredS » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:38 pm

ryland wrote:Thanks for the great information. I'll be sure to get some zippo fluid before I refill.

You could rinse it out with lighter fluid. That stuff will clean pretty much anything.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies

Re: Purchased

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:47 am

I have an ounce of Match 759 inbound.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50