Page 2 of 1564

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:23 pm
by GScott
joekm wrote:Right now, my Stanwell Danish Natural...and I'm down to my "only as a last resort" Captain Black until I can find a good tobacco shop near Baltimore.

I think there is one in Fallston though, check it out this weekend.
Also Joekm, it would definetly be worth your while to make the 2 hour trip to Chambersburg for a visit to Boswells. Maybe you can get John-boy, P&P, and any other CPS'er in the general area to meet you there for a "smoke-in". But, even if these characters are recalcitrant, do it for yourself. YOU DESERVE A BREAK TODAY! (Now I need a burger :? )

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:45 pm
by UncleBob
Pipe: Dunhill Shell 6109 (Canadian)

Tobacco: A beta version of a blend I am trying to complete (Raspberry Delight)

When: Right now!

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:48 pm
by joekm
John-Boy wrote:
joekm wrote:Right now, my Stanwell Danish Natural...and I'm down to my "only as a last resort" Captain Black until I can find a good tobacco shop near Baltimore.

I think there is one in Fallston though, check it out this weekend.
Check out Davidus in Ellicot City if you have the chance.
Thanks, I'll try to get there this weekend

Joe

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:33 pm
by reformedsmoker
i'm smoking the house mixture from briar and bean, i think it has a lot of burley in it. smoking it in my sunroom in my new pipe from cup o joe's!
guess i'll have to look through the archives and read up on breaking in a new pipe. it's been awhile. i remember somthing about honey on the inside to build up cake....that sounds messy.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:46 pm
by cbd-setzer
reformedsmoker wrote:i remember somthing about honey on the inside to build up cake....that sounds messy.
hmm, i dont think you should use honey at all

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:50 pm
by freebird
"i remember somthing about honey on the inside to build up cake....that sounds messy.
it can be lol. tried it once which was enough for me lol. Let us know if you try this process and how it works.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:28 pm
by PipeAndPint
I've used honey to break in numerous pipes, and it works. But to each his own... let the naysayers continue to naysay! :P

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:04 pm
by Jeff
I'm not a fan of honey in pipes on principle, but not by experience. Many people use it like PnP and would not consider doing things differently because it has been very useful for them. To use a favorite theological adage of PnP, if the method ain't broke, don't fix it. 8O

Tobacco: Nightcap
Pipe: 1978 Redbark ODA Billiard
When: Now

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:14 pm
by SinisterHand
Tobacco: Cascades Cavendish(bulk blend from the Gatlinburlier)
Pipe: Eric Nording. Smooth bowl, rusticated around chamber at underneath at the bend.
Where: Right here
When: Right now

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:14 pm
by Jeff
Jeff wrote:I'm not a fan of honey in pipes on principle, but not by experience. Many people use it like PnP and would not consider doing things differently because it has been very useful for them. To use a favorite theological adage of PnP, if the method ain't broke, don't fix it. 8O

Tobacco: Nightcap
Pipe: 1978 Redbark ODA Billiard
When: Now
Good God! An ODA sized bowl of Nightcap + low hydration + empty stomach + 3 cappuccinos = Stupid-ass mistake.

Now that I've recovered, I'll finish the last 1/3 of the bowl after dinner.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:44 pm
by joekm
Pipe: Karl Erik Freehand Egg Sitter (favorite pipe)

Tobacoo: Brebbia Sinfonia

When: Right now.

Never did make it to Davidson's (house hunting), but I did find Main Street Cigar in Bel Air - which is good because that is where I'm planning to move should all go well.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:05 am
by ryland
Iwan Reis Three Star Cordial Cherry in a Dr. Grabow bent billiard out on the golf course yesterday.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:40 pm
by Jeff
McCranie's Red Ribbon from the 1996 crop in my 2004 black bamboo Medici by Todd Johnson. ...an excellent combination indeed.

When: Now, when I'm supposed to be writing a few papers and reading.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:27 pm
by freebird
ameretto di corrino (think that's right, threw the package away lol) from Ted's Pipe Shoppe in my Killarney yesterday.

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:20 am
by PipeAndPint
What: Frog Morton Across the Pond, chased by Elizabethan Mixture
When: This evening, after my wife ordered me to have a pipe to relax
Why: Job frustrations.... :?

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:10 pm
by dennisthemenace
Right now, a rare treat. D. P. E. Mixture in an Ehrlich Old Briar Special.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:45 pm
by rattfink138
PipeAndPint wrote: When: This evening, after my wife ordered me to have a pipe to relax
Why: Job frustrations.... :?
I totally need to find me one of those!!

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:56 pm
by kendrck
rattfink138 wrote:
PipeAndPint wrote: When: This evening, after my wife ordered me to have a pipe to relax
Why: Job frustrations.... :?
I totally need to find me one of those!!
you need to find job frustrations?

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:52 am
by rattfink138
kendrck wrote:
rattfink138 wrote:
PipeAndPint wrote: When: This evening, after my wife ordered me to have a pipe to relax
Why: Job frustrations.... :?
I totally need to find me one of those!!
you need to find job frustrations?
I have enough of that already!

Pipe: Cassano rustic

Tobacoo: Haddos Delight

When: Right now.

last smoke

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:53 am
by parson
Pipe: Ser Jacopo Shelby Bent Calabash

Tobacco: Deacon's Downfall

When: Saturday morning while running several errands. A fine smoke with a fine cup of coffee.