Smoking?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: Smoking?

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:06 pm

McClellan VBC in a Luciano semi-horn.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Sid.Stavros
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Sid.Stavros » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:55 am

Davidoff Scottish mixture.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:14 am

Two bowls (one at a time) of Gawith, Hoggarth, & Co. bulk Brown Flake (unscented). 1st in a large bent Viprati Billiard, 2nd in a large bent Tilshead Billiard
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

KYBURLEY
Congregation
Congregation

Post by KYBURLEY » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:29 am

Germain's 1820 in a Savinelli 316. This tin was probably sitting in my tobacconist's shelf hidden behind other ones for at least 5 or 6 years. The paper was absolutely saturated with dark fermentation, and sugar crystals. Now I get what all the fuss is about concerning this company's blends. I have had a couple others that didn't wow me, but with a few years on it, wow.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:10 pm

McClelland - bulk No. 5100 Red Cake in a bent Bekler Meer Poker.

Oh, how I wish I had stockpiled 12 pounds of this wonderful tobacco. As it is, I only have a few 1/2 pint Kerr Jars. Around 2 pounds. And they have over 2 years of age on them. Delicious.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:41 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:06 pm
McClellan VBC in a Luciano semi-horn.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Robert McConnell Scottish Flake in a bent Bekler Meer Poker.

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Bold Tobacco flavor in a Voo Poo vaping device.
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus

DAN
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by DAN » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:31 pm

LBF in a Peterson bent bulldog.
If the American people ever really understand the Left, they'll boil them in oil.

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Country Squire's Delta Honeydew in a Rossi Lumberman.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Sid.Stavros
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Sid.Stavros » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:00 am

McClelland 221b series Black Shag.

elimtaft
Anything but broccoli
Anything but broccoli

Post by elimtaft » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:58 am

So I've been smoking a pipe since 2005 or so. I still love it, but still don't often find the time to smoke as often as I'd like. Sometimes I might get in one pipe a week. I may go a few weeks without one at times. In other news, in 2006 (I think?) I discovered Peter Stokkebye's Proper English blend. Completely by chance, tried a bit of it from a bulk container at some shop in San Diego. Fell in love. I still cannot find a better English blend for my taste. Putting those two things together:

Last week, in NC, we experienced some of the rains and the wind from Hurricane Florence. Wasn't nearly as bad as anyone on the coast, but it was bad enough that my work sent everyone home for a few days because a lot of the roads were flooded. During that time, I decided I was going to smoke one pipe a day. I was completely un-creative with it. I have all these tins and various blends that I actually like. But it didn't even occur to me to try them, which I now think is odd. The only thing I smoked, every day, was Proper English. Watching the rain and the wind, working on my laptop, with Proper English. It was a great time. Thought I'd share.

Oh, and the house is fine too. We've got a creek in the back, and the backyard flooded twice. We just finished finishing our basement out with drywall and extra rooms and all that, and I we thought for sure we were going to get flooding. Grateful God spared us. I probably should have another bowl of Proper English to reflect on that gratitude :)
A Word Is Worth A Thousand Pictures

Dort wo Du einen Pfeifenraucher siehst, findest Du einen guten Freund.

Broccoli over mushrooms.

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:53 am

Delta Honeydew in a pipe Steve S made for me.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Adam Z
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Adam Z » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 am

Peter Stokkeybye English Oriental Supreme in a bent brandy Peterson 68. Only got to smoke it for 5 minutes on my extremely short commute to the office. Tamped it out at the door, and will resume in a couple hours.

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 am

Gawith, Hoggarth, & Co. bulk Brown Flake (unscented) in a large bent Tilshead Billiard

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am

2006 GL Pease (Fog City Selection) VA/Per Fillmore in a bent Bekler Meer....

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:26 pm

Castro Brothers "Lord Baltimore", in a 2013 POY Lovat.

DAN
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by DAN » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:29 pm

LBF in a Barber bent bulldog.
If the American people ever really understand the Left, they'll boil them in oil.

DAN
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by DAN » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:32 pm

elimtaft wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:58 am
So I've been smoking a pipe since 2005 or so. I still love it, but still don't often find the time to smoke as often as I'd like. Sometimes I might get in one pipe a week. I may go a few weeks without one at times. In other news, in 2006 (I think?) I discovered Peter Stokkebye's Proper English blend. Completely by chance, tried a bit of it from a bulk container at some shop in San Diego. Fell in love. I still cannot find a better English blend for my taste. Putting those two things together:

Last week, in NC, we experienced some of the rains and the wind from Hurricane Florence. Wasn't nearly as bad as anyone on the coast, but it was bad enough that my work sent everyone home for a few days because a lot of the roads were flooded. During that time, I decided I was going to smoke one pipe a day. I was completely un-creative with it. I have all these tins and various blends that I actually like. But it didn't even occur to me to try them, which I now think is odd. The only thing I smoked, every day, was Proper English. Watching the rain and the wind, working on my laptop, with Proper English. It was a great time. Thought I'd share.

Oh, and the house is fine too. We've got a creek in the back, and the backyard flooded twice. We just finished finishing our basement out with drywall and extra rooms and all that, and I we thought for sure we were going to get flooding. Grateful God spared us. I probably should have another bowl of Proper English to reflect on that gratitude :)
Proper English, like several other of the Stokkebye blends, remarkably good for the price. Once the cold weather sets in, I will probably be smoking little else.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 pm

PS LNF in an old Irish Seconds
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain