Smoking?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Adam Z
Pastor
Pastor

Re: Smoking?

Post by Adam Z » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:14 am

...in a Bones lovat. This is the first time I've smoked Dunbar. I'm going to smoke the hell out of this tin and pine for the next tin/bag, not knowing when I will be able to find it again (as I refuse to pay ebay prices for Esoterica). This is an excellent VaPer! The perique content is only condimental, and the seven virginias are the main players here.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 am

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. - bulk Brown Flake unscented in a large bent Tilshead Billiard, with my morning :coffee:
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:14 am

Adam Z wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:14 am

...in a Bones lovat. This is the first time I've smoked Dunbar. I'm going to smoke the hell out of this tin and pine for the next tin/bag, not knowing when I will be able to find it again (as I refuse to pay ebay prices for Esoterica). This is an excellent VaPer! The perique content is only condimental, and the seven virginias are the main players here.
And this is why I know I don't get VaPers as I had a tin (about four bowls left after sharing some samples) and I just don't get it. This may be a Esoterica thing too, though, I have only tried this and Pembroke and neither of them were worth the regular cost of the tin to me. I will let you know if I see Dunbar at regular prices in the future.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

rgcurrey

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 am

Black Mallory in the Maddis Dublin.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:53 am

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. - bulk Scotch Flake in a large bent Tilshead Billiard, with my morning :coffee:
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:53 am

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. - bulk Brown Flake (unscented) in a large bent Tilshead Billiard, with my morning :coffee:

DAN
Mr. Miracle Whip
Mr. Miracle Whip

Post by DAN » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:05 pm

Oriental Silk in a Tilshead rhodesian.
I don't always choose sig lines just to tick someone off, but when I do, it's on CPS.

Stanley76
Son of a Goose
Son of a Goose

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm

I just finished up a bowl of C&D Exclusive. I bought it four years ago, a pound of it, and didn't like it so I stuck it in a jar and there it sat for four years. Recently I tried it and I really like it but not all the time. Maybe it just needed aging or something.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Adam Z
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Adam Z » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 pm

Adam Z wrote:

Rinse and repeat. Actually, this is my third bowl of Dunbar today - all in this Bones lovat.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

Adam Z
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Adam Z » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:14 am
Adam Z wrote:

And this is why I know I don't get VaPers as I had a tin (about four bowls left after sharing some samples) and I just don't get it. This may be a Esoterica thing too, though, I have only tried this and Pembroke and neither of them were worth the regular cost of the tin to me. I will let you know if I see Dunbar at regular prices in the future.
You really liked it last summer, no?
rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:42 pm
Dunbar in the Pietenpauw. Every pipe of this is good.
- C.S. Lewis

rgcurrey

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:40 pm

I remember liking it when I first opened it, the virginia had some different taste to it almost as if it was aged even though it was not. Yet by this autumn I was not geting that . . . . again it maybe just me and Vapers. I need to get some more marlin flake and see if I still really like that.

Sid.Stavros
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Sid.Stavros » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:47 am

Hello from Greece and the sunny Athens with 61 °F, i just returned from the market and now back home for:

Ilsteds Own Cedros Handblended.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:41 am

Adam Z wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 pm
Adam Z wrote:

Rinse and repeat.
You and Goose both enjoy saying "rinse and repeat". In spite of the negative connotations, I'm sure you actually intend it in a pleasant way, yes? If you mean it literally, then what exactly do you rinse with?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Adam Z
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Adam Z » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:25 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:41 am
Adam Z wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:42 pm
Adam Z wrote:

Rinse and repeat.
You and Goose both enjoy saying "rinse and repeat". In spite of the negative connotations, I'm sure you actually intend it in a pleasant way, yes? If you mean it literally, then what exactly do you rinse with?
Certainly not Dawn.

The internet agrees with your understanding of the phrase. I guess I need a different colloquialism, as I never really thought of the phrase as having a distinctly negative connotation.

...Vintage Syrian in a MM Legend.
- C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:12 am

Scrumptious Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. - bulk Scotch Flake in a large bent Tilshead Billiard, with my morning :coffee:

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:06 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:12 am
Scrumptious Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. - bulk Scotch Flake in a large bent Tilshead Billiard, with my morning :coffee:

Rinse and repeat

rgcurrey

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:42 am

Black Mallory in the 1906 Dublin with some wonderful Italian roast coffee.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:12 am

PS LNF in my first pipe.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

rgcurrey

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 am

Moving on to a bit of the last of my Squadron Leader in the Maddis Dublin.

Stanley76
Son of a Goose
Son of a Goose

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:28 pm

C&D Exclusive in a Rossi Rubino Bent Pot.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"