Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Re:

Post by coco » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Dug wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:35 pm
I just drop all of my pipes into a tall, gleaming glass jar of Barbicide and let them pickle until my next smoke. It gives even the cheapest of tobaccos the hearty tang of hospital-grade disinfectant. Mmmmm, alkyl dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride...

Looks like Goose was one-upped way back in 2007.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Re: Pictures of your cellar

Post by coco » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:11 pm
I thought I saw a more recent thread with this topic, but I will post here. It's impossible to see all the tobacco, as it's all jammed in one of the shelves here in the hallway closet, which stays a more even temperature year round. Anyway, this is my store house of pipe tobacco I have accumulated since February 2016.

Lots of tins of stuff I like and lots of bulk tobacco in more than 48 Kerr 1/2 pint jars in the back (Kerr boxes stack well, too). The large box in the upper left is packed full with 25 tins of McClelland Aurora and Tudor Castle. The most tins I have of any one tobacco are of Dunhill Flake. 21. Next McConnell Scottish Flake. The most bulk I have in jars are Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake, John Bull, McClelland 5100 Red Cake, McClelland 5115 Old World Classic Cake, & Dunhill Nightcap. There will soon be more jars of Gawith Hogarth bulk flake I have come to relish.

Not bad for one year!
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Re: Re:

Post by Goose55 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:27 pm

coco wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:54 pm
Dug wrote:
I just drop all of my pipes into a tall, gleaming glass jar of Barbicide and let them pickle until my next smoke. It gives even the cheapest of tobaccos the hearty tang of hospital-grade disinfectant. Mmmmm, alkyl dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride...

Dang! Why couldn't I have thought of that? It's brilliant!!
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:04 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:27 pm
coco wrote:
Dug wrote:

:lol:

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:03 am

coco wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:04 am
Goose55 wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:27 pm
coco wrote:
Dug wrote:

:lol:
Poor old Goose is not even moderately Duggish.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:27 am

John-Boy wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:58 am
Here's a picture - I've cleaned it up after looking at the mess in the picture.
It doesn't look like that any more.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am

coco wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 pm
Goose55 wrote:
I thought I saw a more recent thread with this topic, but I will post here. It's impossible to see all the tobacco, as it's all jammed in one of the shelves here in the hallway closet, which stays a more even temperature year round. Anyway, this is my store house of pipe tobacco I have accumulated since February 2016.

Lots of tins of stuff I like and lots of bulk tobacco in more than 48 Kerr 1/2 pint jars in the back (Kerr boxes stack well, too). The large box in the upper left is packed full with 25 tins of McClelland Aurora and Tudor Castle. The most tins I have of any one tobacco are of Dunhill Flake. 21. Next McConnell Scottish Flake. The most bulk I have in jars are Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake, John Bull, McClelland 5100 Red Cake, McClelland 5115 Old World Classic Cake, & Dunhill Nightcap. There will soon be more jars of Gawith Hogarth bulk flake I have come to relish.

Not bad for one year!
Yeah. I had a bad case of Tobacco Acquisition Disorder last year
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:29 am

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am
coco wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Not bad for one year!
Had? Just last year? LOL!
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Rusty wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:29 am
Goose55 wrote:
coco wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Not bad for one year!
Yeah. Except for some GH Flake and samples, haven't gotten anything else since last fall.

When I open this closet door, it smells like Rattray's Stirling Flake. But all the tins are sealed. I checked them yesterday.

That hallway closet cellar is really the only organized and tidy area of the house. I like to look at this picture because it represents the order I most desire, but do not otherwise care to maintain.

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:04 pm
Rusty wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:29 am
Goose55 wrote:
coco wrote:
Goose55 wrote:

Not bad for one year!
Yeah. Except for some GH Flake and samples, haven't gotten anything else since last fall.

When I open this closet door, it smells like Rattray's Stirling Flake. But all the tins are sealed. I checked them yesterday.

That hallway closet cellar is really the only organized and tidy area of the house. I like to look at this picture because it represents the order I most desire, but do not otherwise care to maintain.
If it smells then something is open. Check them all again. Find it. The clock is ticking.
This is the downside of a growing cellar. Fermenting in a press sealed tin will usually pop the seal and produce the scent. After a while it all seems to stop or stabilize. I found that if I taped the tins into large stacks that these "goose hunts" were less frequent too.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 am

I decided to take a picture of part of my cellar: Image

That is about 1/4 of my cellar, give or take. I bought most of it about 3 years ago. I suppose if the wife and I ever need money in a hurry I can sell it for quite a bit.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 am

Joshoowah wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 am

That is about 1/4 of my cellar, give or take. I bought most of it about 3 years ago. I suppose if the wife and I ever need money in a hurry I can sell it for quite a bit.
I'm liking those gold foil packages in the tubs.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

Official London Fatberg Finder

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:32 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 am
Joshoowah wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:46 am

I'm liking those gold foil packages in the tubs.

Yeah... a lot of Penzance, Stonehaven, Peacehaven, Margate, and Pembroke in there. It's mostly Penzance and Stonehaven.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:59 pm

I have 55 tins of McClelland (most of it VA-Per) here in my McClelland "cellar" and also Five, larger 3.5 ounce tins of their St. James Woods VA-Per in my hall closet cellar.

The Aurora (upper right in the back) I have 10 tins of. It is a ready rubbed, awesome pure sweet Virginia blend with incredible depth and dimension. Wish I had more than 10 tins, but I have a small house.