Missing out on a smoke

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Missing out on a smoke

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 am

There are times I greatly crave smoking a pipe, but am unable to partake. Without fail, I feel it strongly every Saturday morning when I'm at work. I don't know if it's the view of the mountains from my office window, the slower pace of doing follow-up work, or just the fact that it's the weekend, but it happens each and every time. I am definitely envious of those folks that have opportunities to smoke at work, or at least on breaks.

When do you most crave a smoke?
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Rusty
In Memoriam

Re: Missing out on a smoke

Post by Rusty » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:18 am

Irish-Dane wrote:...
First thing in the morning (sometimes in the middle of night too when I can't sleep), Right after lunch, whether I eat or not. Usually mid to late afternoon at that low point where a hot tea is desired. After dinner or later.

I'm not sure that crave applies to me. I can forgo them but I'd rather not. If I'm busy then there is none during the day. The first morning pipe is the most enjoyed I think.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

sleepinggecko
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sleepinggecko » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:29 am

Irish-Dane wrote:When do you most crave a smoke?
Pretty much just whenever I can't smoke. I don't really feel a need to light up a pipe after dinner, but when we're out at a restaurant or a relative's house, and I can't smoke inside or on the premises, it makes me want to. Kind of like putting a big sign next to a bright red button that says, "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON!"

Other than my inner rebelliousness, when it's cold out, when it's warm out. When it's raining or snowing (and I have a sheltered spot to smoke in) or when it's warm and sunny (and I have a shaded spot to smoke in).

When I have a good book to read, or, even moreso, a boring book that I HAVE to read, when I'm just relaxing, when I'm on a long drive (much of my smoking recently has been during my solo drives between our corner of Indiana and my university's campus, 4 hours away), when I'm working on a project for school, when I'm procrastinating when I should be working on a project for school (hey, wait, that's right now!)... and so on.

Basically, there are few things that aren't improved by a nice bowlful.

But it's chilly out right now, and there's no smoking indoors in our place, so I've got a hanky and a big tin of Wilsons of Sharrow Sandalwood snuff to keep me company while I bust out this project.
Please pardon any typos...I probably typed this message one-handed while holding a baby.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:33 am

Rusty wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:...
The first morning pipe is the most enjoyed I think.
I'm wondering if that fact is at the core of my Saturday morning feelings.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:42 am

Late afternoon after my coworkers leave and I have the office to myself. It's my favorite time to be there and a smoke would make it that much more enjoyable.

Spyderweb
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Spyderweb » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Fall / Winter / Spring mornings (when it's not summertime hot). Especially when it is sunny. Those are just magical times for me to smoke a pipe. I can't smoke while working, so it only happens on weekends, or if I have the day off.

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:19 pm

My favorite time to smoke and the time I crave the most is in the evening just before dusk as the day winds down. I enjoy the morning smoke but my taste buds aren't all awake just yet so I miss a lot of the flavor.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:28 pm

After lunch.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:59 pm

sleepinggecko wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:When do you most crave a smoke?
Pretty much just whenever I can't smoke. I don't really feel a need to light up a pipe after dinner, but when we're out at a restaurant or a relative's house, and I can't smoke inside or on the premises, it makes me want to. Kind of like putting a big sign next to a bright red button that says, "DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON!"...
I can relate
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by Steverino » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:There are times I greatly crave smoking a pipe, but am unable to partake. Without fail, I feel it strongly every Saturday morning when I'm at work. I don't know if it's the view of the mountains from my office window, the slower pace of doing follow-up work, or just the fact that it's the weekend, but it happens each and every time. I am definitely envious of those folks that have opportunities to smoke at work, or at least on breaks.

Can't really think of a particular time, just whenever I'm awake. I guess when I've been working on something continuously for a while and then have a lull in the activity, that's one of those times when the pipe is a natural.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:26 am

Having one of those times this morning... and it's not even Saturday.

Some EMP in a billiard sounds really good right now.

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:34 am

Have to agree with Rusty - it's typically right around the mid-to-late afternoon "a cuppa would be could right about now" time.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

Monarchist
In Memoriam

Post by Monarchist » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:35 am

For me there's two times when I enjoy the most.

Like Rusty, that first bowl in the morning, and like SlowToke that winding down period in the evening.
"Never say that God is just. If He were just you would be in hell. Rely only on His injustice which is mercy, love, and forgiveness." - St. Isaac the Syrian

fiddlestix
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by fiddlestix » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:57 am

Right after dinner for me.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:06 am

I love smoking while I drive.

The Great Car Cob Project of two summers ago was a glorious time.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:28 pm

Definitely craving one right now.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah at work late afternoon when the phone stops and I am able to sit at the desk and get things done. A pipe would be a nice addition to that.

Rusty
In Memoriam

Post by Rusty » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:10 pm

DepartedLight wrote:Yeah at work late afternoon when the phone stops and I am able to sit at the desk and get things done. A pipe would be a nice addition to that.
So what stops you? You're the famed Walmart smoker. Last evidence you posted indicated that your office is in the parking lot. Surely they haven't forbidden smoking in the parking lot? Have they?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Rusty wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:Yeah at work late afternoon when the phone stops and I am able to sit at the desk and get things done. A pipe would be a nice addition to that.
So what stops you? You're the famed Walmart smoker. Last evidence you posted indicated that your office is in the parking lot. Surely they haven't forbidden smoking in the parking lot? Have they?
Nope, not yet. Though I cannot do all I need to do off the tailgate of the Ford, unfortunately. But at least I can get outside once and a while.

Irish-Dane

Re:

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:28 pm
Definitely craving one right now.
A coupla cups of coffee and a pipe would be glorious this morning.