No more Dunhill tobacco..,

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Adam Z
Pastor
Pastor

Re: No more Dunhill tobacco..,

Post by Adam Z » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:51 pm

I wouldn't get too excited about K&K making these blends just yet. They might just be trying to capitalize on the ever decreasing (and soon to be nonexistent) supply of Dunhill blends. Even if they bought the recipes, if they're buying their tobacco from different places, it's not going to be the same. And then there's the matter of different machinery. It remains to be seen just how closely these blends under the Robert McConnell brand will match the Dunhill blends.

The best scenario for the consumer would have been for STG to purchase the rights to the blends, since they've been making them for Dunhill for years anyway. They could keep doing the same thing they've been doing, and just put a different sticker on the tins.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

Ether
Usher
Usher

Post by Ether » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:51 pm

The best scenario for the consumer would have been for STG to purchase the rights to the blends, since they've been making them for Dunhill for years anyway. They could keep doing the same thing they've been doing, and just put a different sticker on the tins.
That's exactly what's happening here. STG keeps producing the Dunhill blends and K&K are selling them under different names. There will be no change in those tobaccos, however, I don't know how your FDA madness will affect the availability in the US.

Adam Z
Pastor
Pastor

Post by Adam Z » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:02 pm

Ether wrote:
Adam Z wrote:

That's exactly what's happening here. STG keeps producing the Dunhill blends and K&K are selling them under different names. There will be no change in those tobaccos, however, I don't know how your FDA madness will affect the availability in the US.
I thought that K&K was a manufacturer... Are they merely a distributor? You're saying STG manufactures for K&K? That's interesting. I like the sound of that...

Our FDA can go take a long walk off a short bridge - and that's the nicest thing I have to say about that government racket. Voicing any more of my thoughts on this group of extortioners would be unchristlike, and would be cause for repentance, as well as moderation in these forums.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

Ether
Usher
Usher

Post by Ether » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:02 pm
Ether wrote:
Adam Z wrote:

I thought that K&K was a manufacturer... Are they merely a distributor? You're saying STG manufactures for K&K? That's interesting. I like the sound of that...

Our FDA can go take a long walk off a short bridge - and that's the nicest thing I have to say about that government racket. Voicing any more of my thoughts on this group of extortioners would be unchristlike, and would be cause for repentance, as well as moderation in these forums.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I got the information from a German blog. The poster seems to be well informed but we will see...

DAN
Mr. Miracle Whip
Mr. Miracle Whip

Post by DAN » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Voicing any more of my thoughts on this group of extortioners would be unchristlike, and would be cause for repentance, as well as moderation in these forums.
Oh, go ahead!
I don't always choose sig lines just to tick someone off, but when I do, it's on CPS.