Smitten by a shape

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33569
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by UncleBob » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Get one of those Baraccini Copper Series: https://www.pipesandcigars.com/shop/bar ... s/1801103/

Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:32 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Delingpole looks to be smoking an ultra- chubby apple
Image
Maybe he can pull this shape off because of the WW1 uniform?
Is that the source of your desire?
He has a thin face. You have a much rounder face and head.
I really doubt it's absolutely necessary to dress up in WW1 battle dress. But whatever floats your boat.
I'm looking at the pipe. The size relates, I think, to my pots but the roundness looks more comfortable in the hand like my bent apples.
I look at the WW1 uniform because, well, it's distracting. French, isn't it?
Hilaire Belloc would be amused.
Image
But is that it? Is that the source of the chubby Applen interest? If so then you just have to find it.
Some folks choke up on the pipe so its length is indeterminant in that pic.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:32 pm
Hovannes wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Delingpole looks to be smoking an ultra- chubby apple
Image
Maybe he can pull this shape off because of the WW1 uniform?
Is that the source of your desire?
He has a thin face. You have a much rounder face and head.
I really doubt it's absolutely necessary to dress up in WW1 battle dress. But whatever floats your boat.
I'm looking at the pipe. The size relates, I think, to my pots but the roundness looks more comfortable in the hand like my bent apples.
I look at the WW1 uniform because, well, it's distracting. French, isn't it?
Hilaire Belloc would be amused.
Image
But is that it? Is that the source of the chubby Apple interest? If so then you just have to find it.
Some folks choke up on the pipe so its length is indeterminant in that pic.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm
Wayne Teipen's 4th pipe, the first one he sold that got the ball rolling, is a somewhat chubby apple shape. He called it a tomato. Bottom of this page: http://teipenpipes.com/gallery/

Why do I bring this up? That pipe will be for sale very soon right here on CPS. 8O
This one?

Image

That's a bent.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20927
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Upshall, and this is an example of a chubby Apple
Image
This one makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
I don't know that I'd go that far.

I do always enjoy when Rusty posts photos of his burgundy pipes. That little Upshall has made an appearance or two before and I always like it.
Yes, yes, Burgundy pipes.
The gym rope comment sailed over my head. I have no idea what he means.
Sorry, I guess it was too long ago for you old farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJW2R4rEnA
gaining_age wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am
Poor Brent.

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Upshall, and this is an example of a chubby Apple
Image
This one makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
I don't know that I'd go that far.

I do always enjoy when Rusty posts photos of his burgundy pipes. That little Upshall has made an appearance or two before and I always like it.
Yes, yes, Burgundy pipes.
The gym rope comment sailed over my head. I have no idea what he means.
Sorry, I guess it was too long ago for you old farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJW2R4rEnA
Yeah, and what does it mean?
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 26544
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Delingpole looks to be smoking an ultra- chubby apple
Image
Maybe he can pull this shape off because of the WW1 uniform?
We need Del with a cob superimposed on this pic.
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20927
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Upshall, and this is an example of a chubby Apple
Image
This one makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
I don't know that I'd go that far.

I do always enjoy when Rusty posts photos of his burgundy pipes. That little Upshall has made an appearance or two before and I always like it.
Yes, yes, Burgundy pipes.
The gym rope comment sailed over my head. I have no idea what he means.
Sorry, I guess it was too long ago for you old farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJW2R4rEnA
Yeah, and what does it mean?
It's pretty.
gaining_age wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am
Poor Brent.

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:43 pm
:chili:
Hovannes wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:28 pm
Delingpole looks to be smoking an ultra- chubby apple
Image
Maybe he can pull this shape off because of the WW1 uniform?
Maybe the pipe looks OK because he doesn't look like a poilu?
Poilus with pipes? Hmmmm......
Image
Right. That guy you posted just looks like a dink. :D
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:29 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:20 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Upshall, and this is an example of a chubby Apple
Image
This one makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
I don't know that I'd go that far.

I do always enjoy when Rusty posts photos of his burgundy pipes. That little Upshall has made an appearance or two before and I always like it.
Yes, yes, Burgundy pipes.
The gym rope comment sailed over my head. I have no idea what he means.
Sorry, I guess it was too long ago for you old farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJW2R4rEnA
Yeah, and what does it mean?
It's pretty.
Ok. Thank you. It is a pretty pipe.
I don't know where I was when Wayne's World was in the theaters but I didn't see it.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20927
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:29 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:20 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Upshall, and this is an example of a chubby Apple
Image
This one makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
I don't know that I'd go that far.

I do always enjoy when Rusty posts photos of his burgundy pipes. That little Upshall has made an appearance or two before and I always like it.
Yes, yes, Burgundy pipes.
The gym rope comment sailed over my head. I have no idea what he means.
Sorry, I guess it was too long ago for you old farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJW2R4rEnA
Yeah, and what does it mean?
It's pretty.
Ok. Thank you. It is a pretty pipe.
I don't know where I was when Wayne's World was in the theaters but I didn't see it.
A fact I wish I had considered quite some time ago.
gaining_age wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am
Poor Brent.

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33108
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:07 pm
Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 pm
Wayne Teipen's 4th pipe, the first one he sold that got the ball rolling, is a somewhat chubby apple shape. He called it a tomato. Bottom of this page: http://teipenpipes.com/gallery/

Why do I bring this up? That pipe will be for sale very soon right here on CPS. 8O
This one?

Image
That's a bent.
Trying to come up with a funny way to reply, "...get bent" but all my snarky is spent for the day. I'll just remind you I used the word somewhat. I'm sure you'll have a pithy retort, but this is my, "I don't care" face: :|
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai
Posts: 6472
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by infidel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Upshall, and this is an example of a chubby Apple
Image
This one makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
I don't know that I'd go that far.

I do always enjoy when Rusty posts photos of his burgundy pipes. That little Upshall has made an appearance or two before and I always like it.
Yes, yes, Burgundy pipes.
The gym rope comment sailed over my head. I have no idea what he means.
Sorry, I guess it was too long ago for you old farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJW2R4rEnA
Yeah, and what does it mean?
It gives him a little tickle "down there" like holding a rope between his legs.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:04 pm

infidel wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:58 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm
Cleon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am
Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Upshall, and this is an example of a chubby Apple
Image
This one makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
I don't know that I'd go that far.

I do always enjoy when Rusty posts photos of his burgundy pipes. That little Upshall has made an appearance or two before and I always like it.
Yes, yes, Burgundy pipes.
The gym rope comment sailed over my head. I have no idea what he means.
Sorry, I guess it was too long ago for you old farts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLJW2R4rEnA
Yeah, and what does it mean?
It gives him a little tickle "down there" like holding a rope between his legs.
I wasn't Christian so we just had our way with the women. And the women had their way with us. Sometimes rope between the legs is just rope between the legs. Culture that arises out of denial isn't relevant unless there is denial.
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai
Posts: 6472
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by infidel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:04 pm
I wasn't Christian so we just had our way with the women. And the women had their way with us. Sometimes rope between the legs is just rope between the legs. Culture that arises out of denial isn't relevant unless there is denial.
It's funny because the Garth character is of the "loser nerd" archetype and hasn't had his way with anyone.
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20927
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Never have I had more posting regret than I have right now.
gaining_age wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am
Poor Brent.

User avatar
Rusty
In Memoriam
Posts: 25059
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Beelzebub's Rare Tobacco Emporium

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Rusty » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:46 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:00 pm
Never have I had more posting regret than I have right now.
I know just how you feel. I would regret denial too. LOL!
But if this makes you feel better there is a religious connection. For me it was a 16 yo French Catholic girl and she had about 6 older brothers that told her things one should never tell 16 yo girls with itchy britches. I was 15 yo and she used to curl my hair with her ideas. To this day I just can't hate Catholics because I know they can be exquisite. 8)

How do you like me now? :lol:
You're out of the woods
You're out of the dark
You're out of the night
Step into the sun
Step into the light

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 22959
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Hovannes » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Well this thread sure went South in a hurry.
I should stick with posting about the garden.

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20216
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by Jocose » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:43 pm

This devolved quickly and I wasn't even a part of it.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

Image

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5159
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Smitten by a shape

Post by durangopipe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:47 pm

I just sprayed my iPad with disinfectant.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Post Reply