Events at the Chicago Pipe Show

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Re: Events at the Chicago Pipe Show

Post by Winton » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Unfortunately, I have to post that the Thursday seminar on tobacco blending will not happen this year. Hopefully the environment will be better next year.

joegoat
Minister of not knowing names

Post by joegoat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Could it be replaced by a counselling session for those who have been traumatized by the FDA's outrageous actions? There must be both aroma therapy and therapy dogs.
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Del wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:26 pm
Winton wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:21 pm
Today, I am announcing an event that revived from previous shows. We are going to have the Chicago Bowl this year for the best aromatic blend. On Friday morning in the tent there will be several blends available for tasting. None of them will be identified. Everyone can try them and then vote for their favorite. The blend with the most votes will win the trophy below. The winner and all the contestants will be identified on Sunday. There will be zip lock bags available then to take samples home with you.

If there are any more blenders that would like to participate, I recommend that you bring your choice with you to the show. I will be at the show from Wednesday to the end. Contact me before Friday.

TOP BANANA!
You took the words right out of my mouth!
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Winton

Post by Winton » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:42 pm

This is the trophy we give to the winner. There is another larger trophy. We add the type of tobacco, blend and company on this trophy every time we have this contest. It will be in the smoking tent on Friday.

Winton

Post by Winton » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:41 am

Did I tell about the Friday Smoke & Shop? People will start lining up at 6:oo am to get a half table. Set up at 8:00 and officially opens at 9:00. This is all free! (OK, the table is free. People have to pay for the pipes and other items being sold.) This event will be loud, crowded, and the atmosphere will be thick and clouded. Around noon'ish Pheasant Run will have burgers and other sandwiches for sale.

In previous years, I have seen pipes sell for $2,000 here. I have bought and sold pipes in the $20 - $65 range.

This is our party, so there are some rules. Only half a table is available. If someone exceeds this, he will be warned. If this doesn't work, he will be asked to leave. If this doesn't work. . . Next, only use the tables set up for the event. People need to have a place to eat, or just sit down.

Winton

Post by Winton » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:45 am

New Event at the 2017 Chicago Pipe Show
The Society of Dunhill Pipe Smokers will hold its first meeting on Thursday at 5 pm in the Pheasant Run Tower, 2nd floor, Ruby meeting room. Doctor of Pipes Gene Umberger will make a presentation on the story of the Society. Doctor Umberger previously published an article, The Shilling Briar, in The Pipe Collector June 2016 edition, that mentioned the Society. At the conclusion of the presentation by Doctor Umberger, all in attendance will be inducted as charter members in the Society and be issued a certificate of membership. ONE LUCKY MEMBER WILL ALSO WIN A HISTORIC DUNHILL PIPE ACCESSORY.

Winton

Post by Winton » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:42 am

This year we are trying something new. On Sunday, there will be tables available in the area that the Silent Auction used on Saturday. It will be for a half table and at a lower cost than the normal tables. Further details will be available at the show.

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Mon May 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Is there a buffet Friday night?
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

Winton

Post by Winton » Mon May 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Yes, there is a buffet dinner on Friday night. This will be the first time that my wife and son can join me on Friday night. Y'all save three seats for us. I have been wanting her to meet you guys. She has heard so many stories.

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm

What time? This is a free event right?

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Tue May 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Winton wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 7:06 pm
Yes, there is a buffet dinner on Friday night. This will be the first time that my wife and son can join me on Friday night. Y'all save three seats for us. I have been wanting her to meet you guys. She has heard so many stories.
joegoat wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 3:47 pm
What time? This is a free event right?
bump.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Winton

Post by Winton » Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 pm

The buffet dinner is at 7:00 until 10:00.

This will be my last pre-show post. Tomorrow I will be at Pheasant Run before sunrise. Technically, I will still have access to the internet on my phone, but my daughter won't be there to show me how.

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Thu May 04, 2017 7:53 am

I'd love to sit with y'all for dinner. Does anyone on a strict schedule know what time they'll plan to be there? I'll be on vacation and pretty flexible.

Del

Post by Del » Thu May 04, 2017 8:55 am

joegoat wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:53 am
I'd love to sit with y'all for dinner. Does anyone on a strict schedule know what time they'll plan to be there? I'll be on vacation and pretty flexible.
Pipeson and I are aiming for arrival between 2:30 & 4:00.

I will PM my phone number to you, so you can shoot me a text.

I will bring the olive pipe you made (I am smoking it as I type). You can inspect how it has matured.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Thu May 04, 2017 9:48 am

Del wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 8:55 am
joegoat wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:53 am
Pipeson and I are aiming for arrival between 2:30 & 4:00.

I will PM my phone number to you, so you can shoot me a text.

I will bring the olive pipe you made (I am smoking it as I type). You can inspect how it has matured.
Sounds good!

Bdaily
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Bdaily » Sat May 06, 2017 7:29 am

joegoat wrote:
Winton wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm
On Sunday morning, at 8:00, an hour before the show opens, I will be having a Bible study in the tent. Our friend A_Morely selected the passage. This was on 8/1/16. The first person to post what passage I will be speaking on, will get one of the tampers I make. You must be at the study to collect.

This year, I will be providing coffee and pastries through Pheasant Run for the meeting.
I Peter 2:11. I plan to be there.
JoeGoat and myself were there on Saturday because someone (not mentioning any names) can't read. Image

So we will *not* be attending on Sunday as we will be heading out this evening (Saturday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Bread is made for laughter,
and wine gladdens life,
and money answers everything."

Ecclesiastes 10.19

Winton

Post by Winton » Wed May 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Winton wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:21 pm
Today, I am announcing an event that revived from previous shows. We are going to have the Chicago Bowl this year for the best aromatic blend. On Friday morning in the tent there will be several blends available for tasting. None of them will be identified. Everyone can try them and then vote for their favorite. The blend with the most votes will win the trophy below. The winner and all the contestants will be identified on Sunday. There will be zip lock bags available then to take samples home with you.
The winner of the 2014 Tobacco Bowl for aromatic blend is Best of Show from McCelland
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/mcclel ... /#p-120157

The other contestants are:

Iwen Riese 3 Star
https://www.iwanries.com/

Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening
https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by ... _ID=135019

Lane Andullo
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/lane-a ... o/1510174/

Suttliff Vanilla Custard
https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by ... _id=151168

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed May 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Habe you tried the Andullo?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed May 10, 2017 10:56 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 7:35 pm
This sounds like the punchline to a vulgar joke from your people.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu May 11, 2017 4:53 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 10:56 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 7:35 pm
This sounds like the punchline to a vulgar joke from your people.
My people? Please elaborate.

Do you mean fathers? People from Western Pennsylvania? Avid shotgunners? Members of the defense bar?

Oh. You meant my ethnicity. You are a true son of Tennessee, my boy. All the fake white guilt in the world can't polish the shitkicker out of you.

I think you made a typo, by the way. You meant to say "it looks like the punchline to a vulgar joke people like me tell about people like you."
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.