FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
User avatar
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
Posts: 22286
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by FredS » Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 12:56 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 12:43 pm
This is good news.

I was a bit torqued by choices the writer made in reporting the rules that are in effect (prohibition on underage sales and free samples) and those being postponed (warning labels and ingredient disclosures). As if no reasonable person could possibly be against those "common sense" rules or restrictions. As with most regulations, I'm against those that impact me, like having fewer choices of pipe tobacco, and ambivalent about those that don't, like using American steel in a federally subsidized oil pipeline. But really, the future is clear when it comes to tobacco. It will be prohibited completely within 10 years. The prohibition will go like most other prohibition attempts - that is badly - and my children's generation will realize it was a horrible overstep and dial it back to reasonable restrictions like we currently have on alcohol.

EDIT: And get over yourself Hugh. Getting upset because your post didn't get the immediate reaction you desired or expected says more about you than your fellow CPS'ers. Imagine what a wreck Hovannes would be if he took that position.
Hey, Fred? Get a sense of humor. If I didn't have one, I wouldn't be here. You might notice that you've never actually spoken to me. I'd bet if you went back and read the post in another tone of voice, you might take it differently. Or you could ask Bob why he was chuckling.

You can go back to chewing your own leg off now. When I'm actually annoyed, ill be sure to tell you. Up until that point, probably better to assume I'm not.
whatever
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18734
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by hugodrax » Wed May 03, 2017 2:03 pm

FredS wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:57 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 12:56 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 12:43 pm
This is good news.

I was a bit torqued by choices the writer made in reporting the rules that are in effect (prohibition on underage sales and free samples) and those being postponed (warning labels and ingredient disclosures). As if no reasonable person could possibly be against those "common sense" rules or restrictions. As with most regulations, I'm against those that impact me, like having fewer choices of pipe tobacco, and ambivalent about those that don't, like using American steel in a federally subsidized oil pipeline. But really, the future is clear when it comes to tobacco. It will be prohibited completely within 10 years. The prohibition will go like most other prohibition attempts - that is badly - and my children's generation will realize it was a horrible overstep and dial it back to reasonable restrictions like we currently have on alcohol.

EDIT: And get over yourself Hugh. Getting upset because your post didn't get the immediate reaction you desired or expected says more about you than your fellow CPS'ers. Imagine what a wreck Hovannes would be if he took that position.
Hey, Fred? Get a sense of humor. If I didn't have one, I wouldn't be here. You might notice that you've never actually spoken to me. I'd bet if you went back and read the post in another tone of voice, you might take it differently. Or you could ask Bob why he was chuckling.

You can go back to chewing your own leg off now. When I'm actually annoyed, ill be sure to tell you. Up until that point, probably better to assume I'm not.
whatever
Sums it up rather neatly. :lol:
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16485
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by gaining_age » Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:20 am
That's a fancy website.... almost as fancy as the ones those kids who are suing Trump and the whitehouse over Climate and future concerns have.
Del, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee.
Irish Dane, is that you? Did you not click on the link?
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4922
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by Joshoowah » Wed May 03, 2017 4:10 pm

This is a really good development, though I'd say we're not out of the woods yet. I appreciate the post, as I haven't been able to keep up as much as last year.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16485
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by gaining_age » Wed May 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Joshoowah wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:10 pm
This is a really good development, though I'd say we're not out of the woods yet. I appreciate the post, as I haven't been able to keep up as much as last year.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Hugo is jonesing.

Image
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18734
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by hugodrax » Wed May 03, 2017 5:19 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:54 pm
Joshoowah wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:10 pm
This is a really good development, though I'd say we're not out of the woods yet. I appreciate the post, as I haven't been able to keep up as much as last year.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Hugo is jonesing.

Image
AFRS?
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by A_Morley » Wed May 03, 2017 6:45 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:02 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:00 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:48 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:38 am
How are a group of pipe smokers so thoroughly uninterested in pipes and or tobacco?
You know the answer.
Too busy condemning everybody else to hell and advocating nuclear war? Spare time taken up by volunteering to be God's personal vengificator? Trump sycophancy is a full time avocation?
gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah, I confess-- I don't smoke the pipe so much these days so my care level is lower on the pipe posts.
Boom.

:chili:
Is this the council of hats speaking that I should be banished because my smoke intake is low?

Well... <zederated>
For my part, Council of Hats or no, I wish to see the censure of all of you knee jerk good old boys who try to make everything, even discussions of pipes and tobacco, ultimately relate to your plebeian, 'Merican bugaboos and hot button political issues. Remind to to add you to the same list of revilement that I started compiling about the time that Del joined the forum, you ignominious shitkicker.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16485
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by gaining_age » Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 6:45 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:02 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:00 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:48 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:38 am
How are a group of pipe smokers so thoroughly uninterested in pipes and or tobacco?
You know the answer.
Too busy condemning everybody else to hell and advocating nuclear war? Spare time taken up by volunteering to be God's personal vengificator? Trump sycophancy is a full time avocation?
gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah, I confess-- I don't smoke the pipe so much these days so my care level is lower on the pipe posts.
Boom.

:chili:
Is this the council of hats speaking that I should be banished because my smoke intake is low?

Well... <zederated>
For my part, Council of Hats or no, I wish to see the censure of all of you knee jerk good old boys who try to make everything, even discussions of pipes and tobacco, ultimately relate to your plebeian, 'Merican bugaboos and hot button political issues. Remind to to add you to the same list of revilement that I started compiling about the time that Del joined the forum, you ignominious shitkicker.
You didn't click the link either, did you?

Shitkicking or not, the website is quite novel and fancy. Background shifts with scrolling and then the picture changes. May I not be impressed with similarities of web sites and not be accused of being a plebeian bugaboo?

if you must rant, rant against the unknown parking maids but be cautious of sharp tongued lashings against your CPS brothers of the briar... there could be backlash.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by A_Morley » Wed May 03, 2017 7:08 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 6:49 pm
A_Morley wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 6:45 pm
gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:02 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 11:00 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:48 am
UncleBob wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 am
hugodrax wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:38 am
How are a group of pipe smokers so thoroughly uninterested in pipes and or tobacco?
You know the answer.
Too busy condemning everybody else to hell and advocating nuclear war? Spare time taken up by volunteering to be God's personal vengificator? Trump sycophancy is a full time avocation?
gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah, I confess-- I don't smoke the pipe so much these days so my care level is lower on the pipe posts.
Boom.

:chili:
Is this the council of hats speaking that I should be banished because my smoke intake is low?

Well... <zederated>
For my part, Council of Hats or no, I wish to see the censure of all of you knee jerk good old boys who try to make everything, even discussions of pipes and tobacco, ultimately relate to your plebeian, 'Merican bugaboos and hot button political issues. Remind to to add you to the same list of revilement that I started compiling about the time that Del joined the forum, you ignominious shitkicker.
You didn't click the link either, did you?

Shitkicking or not, the website is quite novel and fancy. Background shifts with scrolling and then the picture changes. May I not be impressed with similarities of web sites and not be accused of being a plebeian bugaboo?

if you must rant, rant against the unknown parking maids but be cautious of sharp tongued lashings against your CPS brothers of the briar... there could be backlash.
Backlash, you say? What? Are you going to sic Thunktank on me?

I like smoking a pipe. I used to enjoy coming to this website in order to discuss pipes and pipe smoking with occasional forays into matters more esoteric. For the past five years, however, you slack-jawed Fox Newsies have made everything and every thread into some sort of ham-fisted segue about some feebly expressed political topic or other and you act like I'm the unreasonable one for becoming peeved that we can't just talk about pipes once again.

Let me say this once more and keep in mind that I am a political and a religious conservative so you don't get to tar me with the whiny liberal brush:

Your political opinions are neither original nor amusing, especially on a web forum nominally devoted to pipes and tobacco and overwhelmingly populated by conservative, American white males. What is more, if you are like seventy to seventy five per cent of the morons who post here you are also a very, very bad writer and having to read your self-righteous, populist claptrap in the half-assed English prosody that your joke of a public school managed to barely instruct you in only makes your stale attempts at humor all the more infuriating.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16485
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by gaining_age » Wed May 03, 2017 7:25 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:08 pm
. What is more, if you are like seventy to seventy five per cent of the morons who post here you are also a very, very bad writer and having to read your self-righteous, populist claptrap in the half-assed English prosody that your joke of a public school managed to barely instruct you in only makes your stale attempts at humor all the more infuriating.
Your Henry James-esque excessively long sentence needs work-- example from The Turn of the Screw:
The story had held us, round the fire, sufficiently breathless, but except the obvious remark that it was gruesome, as, on Christmas Eve in an old house, a strange tale should essentially be, I remember no comment uttered till somebody happened to say that it was the only case he had met in which such a visitation had fallen on a child.
Perhaps we ought to start a thread of esoteric self-righteous, pseudo intelligentsia insult throwing to blow off some steam and improve your style and themes.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by A_Morley » Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:25 pm
A_Morley wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:08 pm
. What is more, if you are like seventy to seventy five per cent of the morons who post here you are also a very, very bad writer and having to read your self-righteous, populist claptrap in the half-assed English prosody that your joke of a public school managed to barely instruct you in only makes your stale attempts at humor all the more infuriating.
Your Henry James-esque excessively long sentence needs work-- example from The Turn of the Screw:
The story had held us, round the fire, sufficiently breathless, but except the obvious remark that it was gruesome, as, on Christmas Eve in an old house, a strange tale should essentially be, I remember no comment uttered till somebody happened to say that it was the only case he had met in which such a visitation had fallen on a child.
Perhaps we ought to start a thread of esoteric self-righteous, pseudo intelligentsia insult throwing to blow off some steam and improve your style and themes.
Being compared to Henry James is a fine note to leave on. He cast off the ignominious affiliations of the inauspicious land of his birth and, God willing, I shall soon do so as well. Until then, I leave the rest of you yahoos to pull down what remains of the edifice of this once gratifying and amusing bagatelle of a website.

Perhaps now Hovannes can return unmolested.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36838
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by UncleBob » Wed May 03, 2017 7:53 pm

A_Morley wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:08 pm
Backlash, you say? What? Are you going to sic Thunktank on me?
I laughed until tears when I read that. Well done.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 10431
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by sweetandsour » Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Well. I for one was and still am more perturbed by the reported demise of Syrian lat. than this deeming rule. When I find them, Im still buying my favorites, until they're gone. But this is still good news, and I'm glad to see it.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29402
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by coco » Thu May 04, 2017 5:11 am

Serious question: How much evidence do we have that vaping is harmful to health?

I know that a great deal of research has been done on vaping lately, but I am not familiar with the results. Judging from the article only, the proponents of regulation seem to be doing nothing more than using negative terms like "nicotine," "public health risk," and it's for the "children" without citing actual evidence concerning vaping. Likewise, the vaping advocates talk about potential health benefits without citing evidence.

I realize that this was just one article in one newspaper, and it can't be expected to answer all the questions a reader might ask. I also realize that vaping is a relatively new thing, and so long-term evidence is not possible. However, I was just wondering what we know now.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36838
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by UncleBob » Thu May 04, 2017 7:13 am

coco wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:11 am
Serious question: How much evidence do we have that vaping is harmful to health?

I know that a great deal of research has been done on vaping lately, but I am not familiar with the results. Judging from the article only, the proponents of regulation seem to be doing nothing more than using negative terms like "nicotine," "public health risk," and it's for the "children" without citing actual evidence concerning vaping. Likewise, the vaping advocates talk about potential health benefits without citing evidence.

I realize that this was just one article in one newspaper, and it can't be expected to answer all the questions a reader might ask. I also realize that vaping is a relatively new thing, and so long-term evidence is not possible. However, I was just wondering what we know now.
The evidence is mixed. Here are a few examples:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
Posts: 22286
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by FredS » Thu May 04, 2017 7:21 am

coco wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:11 am
Serious question: How much evidence do we have that vaping is harmful to health?

I know that a great deal of research has been done on vaping lately, but I am not familiar with the results. Judging from the article only, the proponents of regulation seem to be doing nothing more than using negative terms like "nicotine," "public health risk," and it's for the "children" without citing actual evidence concerning vaping. Likewise, the vaping advocates talk about potential health benefits without citing evidence.

I realize that this was just one article in one newspaper, and it can't be expected to answer all the questions a reader might ask. I also realize that vaping is a relatively new thing, and so long-term evidence is not possible. However, I was just wondering what we know now.
Vaping supporters often put forth the benefit that it's safer than cigarettes and it's helpful in weaning smokers off of cigarettes. I know our very own MacGuru quit cigarettes with the aid of vaping. I'd expect, though, that most vapers don't use e-cigs to stop smoking, but as an entry in to nicotine consumption. I, for one, enjoy the effects of nicotine, so I have no issue with others enjoying the same. The anti's often point out that smoking cigarettes introduces eleventy billion chemicals and substances in to the smokers body so they should be happy about something that - so far - seems safer.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
JMG
2018 CPS Pipe Carver of the Year
2018 CPS Pipe Carver of the Year
Posts: 6227
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Florence, MS & Papua New Guinea
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by JMG » Thu May 04, 2017 7:26 am

FredS wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 7:21 am
coco wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:11 am
Serious question: How much evidence do we have that vaping is harmful to health?

I know that a great deal of research has been done on vaping lately, but I am not familiar with the results. Judging from the article only, the proponents of regulation seem to be doing nothing more than using negative terms like "nicotine," "public health risk," and it's for the "children" without citing actual evidence concerning vaping. Likewise, the vaping advocates talk about potential health benefits without citing evidence.

I realize that this was just one article in one newspaper, and it can't be expected to answer all the questions a reader might ask. I also realize that vaping is a relatively new thing, and so long-term evidence is not possible. However, I was just wondering what we know now.
Vaping supporters often put forth the benefit that it's safer than cigarettes and it's helpful in weaning smokers off of cigarettes. I know our very own MacGuru quit cigarettes with the aid of vaping. I'd expect, though, that most vapers don't use e-cigs to stop smoking, but as an entry in to nicotine consumption. I, for one, enjoy the effects of nicotine, so I have no issue with others enjoying the same. The anti's often point out that smoking cigarettes introduces eleventy billion chemicals and substances in to the smokers body so they should be happy about something that - so far - seems safer.
MacGuru...that dude needs to come back.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

User avatar
A_Morley
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Cardinal Uncle Nacho
Posts: 10576
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by A_Morley » Thu May 04, 2017 10:19 pm

I was promised a short bus.
His Eminence
Cardinal of CPS

User avatar
mont974x4
Tim
Tim
Posts: 8741
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by mont974x4 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:25 pm

I was reading about this development a few days ago. I agree that it seems to be good news and am trying to be hopeful. Given the ebb and flow of politics I suspect it is but a short reprieve.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
venator260
Minister of Metal
Minister of Metal
Posts: 2455
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Southcentral, PA
Contact:

Re: FDA Delays Deeming Regulations

Post by venator260 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 pm

coco wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:11 am
Serious question: How much evidence do we have that vaping is harmful to health?

I know that a great deal of research has been done on vaping lately, but I am not familiar with the results. Judging from the article only, the proponents of regulation seem to be doing nothing more than using negative terms like "nicotine," "public health risk," and it's for the "children" without citing actual evidence concerning vaping. Likewise, the vaping advocates talk about potential health benefits without citing evidence.

I realize that this was just one article in one newspaper, and it can't be expected to answer all the questions a reader might ask. I also realize that vaping is a relatively new thing, and so long-term evidence is not possible. However, I was just wondering what we know now.

In addition to the good answers above: From what I have read, simply the fact that it had remained mostly unregulated, in and of itself, is a good argument for regulation.

Post Reply