First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Jake » Sat May 12, 2018 7:43 pm

I went to a bake sale this morning. I bought SNICKERDOODLES!
I think I can squeeze a couple of those into the cookie jar, if I choke down a few animal crackers.
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 pm

Packed up and ready to transfer to a fresh box in the morning, before shipping out.

Takes:
Tins - Rum Flake and Borkum Riff 36°N Mixture (Limited Edition 2014)
Samples: 3P, Gray Flannel, GH Black Irish and Broken Flake, SG Bothy Flake and Scottish Autumn Flake
plus pinches of Istanbul and Jerry's Pilot Blend
About an ounce of the Szechuan peppercorns
A cool little pocketknife with tiny scissors and tweezers
McCormick Perfect Pinch Carribean Jerk Seasoning
Stylus pen
Jim VH’s bottle stopper
Mr. Boston Bartender’s Guide
I ate a bunch of the crispy chewy chocolate candies and a few Hershey Hugs,
and took some of each of the loose teas.

Puts:
Sealed tins: Frog Morton OTT (2011), and Escudo Navy Deluxe (I don’t remember for sure, but thinking it is from somewhere around 2014-2016.)
Samples: C&D Bayou Morning, and Frog Morton original (same age as the FMOTT)
Two custom (stinking pretty) CPS stickers
Miracle polishing cloth
Small jar of homemade elderberry jelly (I took the liberty of wrapping this in a wine bag that was in the box)
Four Sanders sea salt caramels

Added to the cookie jar: Two homemade Snickerdoodles and two homemade M&M cookies from a local bake sale
Added to the candy jar: black licorice drops, salted licorice coins, Black Forest organic hard caramels, and SweetTart-filled cherry licorice pieces.

I pondered back and forth on the blue pipe and the bottle stopper, Finally decided on the bottle stopper because it is a JimVH Original. And I probably would never actually smoke that pipe. I do like the stem on it, though, kind of interesting. I opened it up and found a 9mm filter, so I decided to sweeten that pipe up a little bit by making a sock for it and adding a pack of ten replacement filters.
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Mon May 14, 2018 1:34 am

Wow, you got this thing down pretty good! You have elderberries up there? And sweet tart filled licorice? Id-a never thought it.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon May 14, 2018 6:33 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:06 pm
I want all of that.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Mon May 14, 2018 6:47 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:34 am
Wow, you got this thing down pretty good! You have elderberries up there? And sweet tart filled licorice? Id-a never thought it.
Oh yes. We have loads of elderberries up here! Chokecherries, too, in the nearby hills, and wild blackberries along the creek that runs through town. Further up in the mountains there are huckleberries.
The SweetTart licorice (actually called SweetTarts Ropes) is a new thing with all natural colors and flavors. None of that dreaded Red 40.
Last edited by Jake on Mon May 14, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 am

:wavey: Good-bye, Box. <sniff> We had some good times.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Expected delivery to TwoXSeven: Wednesday 5/16/18

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon May 14, 2018 4:59 pm

1) Bloodhound
2) SweetandSour
3) DepartedLight
4) FredS
5) JohnnyMcPiperson
6) John-Boy
7) JimVH
8 ) Jester
9) UncleBob
10) (Lady)Jake
11) TwoXSeven
12) Irish-Dane
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Hidden Content
Hidden Content

rgcurrey
Elder
Elder

Post by rgcurrey » Mon May 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Jake wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 pm
Puts:
Small jar of homemade elderberry jelly (I took the liberty of wrapping this in a wine bag that was in the box)

Added to the candy jar: black licorice drops, salted licorice coins, Black Forest organic hard caramels, and SweetTart-filled cherry licorice pieces.
I have been following this since the beginning never having been involved in a box pass and it has been interesting with certain tobbacos being added and taken, but, it was not until today with these candies and the jelly that I truly got envious of the next guy to get the box.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:14 pm
Jake wrote:
Puts:

I have been following this since the beginning never having been involved in a box pass and it has been interesting with certain tobbacos being added and taken, but, it was not until today with these candies and the jelly that I truly got envious of the next guy to get the box.
TELL IT ON A MOUNTAIN!

rgcurrey
Elder
Elder

Post by rgcurrey » Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

TELL IT ON A MOUNTAIN!
That would be difficult to do, I live in Florida, no mountains.

And he said to the man,

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 am
DepartedLight wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

TELL IT ON A MOUNTAIN!
Of course there are mountains in Florida. Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

rgcurrey
Elder
Elder

Post by rgcurrey » Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 am

Sir Moose wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

TELL IT ON A MOUNTAIN!
Of course there are mountains in Florida. Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain.
I stand corrected.

And he said to the man,

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 5:26 am
Sir Moose wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
DepartedLight wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

TELL IT ON A MOUNTAIN!
I stand corrected.
Lol

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 pm

I have the football! Man oh man it’s gonna be a great few days!

Will give a lengthier update soonish :)
I'm what some CPS'ers have called, "Better than advertised".

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat May 19, 2018 6:22 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

It is almost as much fun watching the thread as it is getting the box! The box gets really good towards the end, I’ve always thought it should go around twice for this reason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat May 19, 2018 9:53 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:22 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

It is almost as much fun watching the thread as it is getting the box! The box gets really good towards the end, I’ve always thought it should go around twice for this reason!
I doubt everyone would be keen on spending that much on shipping TWICE, but then again maybe they would. It's definitely an interesting idea. Or maybe it's a sample-only box pass? Maybe you start the Fall box pass and set it up boomerang style? Maybe the second time around you have to commit to getting it and shipping it next day so it doesn't drag out for months and months? Just think-typing out loud.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Sun May 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 9:53 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

I doubt everyone would be keen on spending that much on shipping TWICE, but then again maybe they would. It's definitely an interesting idea. Or maybe it's a sample-only box pass? Maybe you start the Fall box pass and set it up boomerang style? Maybe the second time around you have to commit to getting it and shipping it next day so it doesn't drag out for months and months? Just think-typing out loud.
All good things must come to an end. That's what makes them special!

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

Two thoughts to add here, 1st you gotta keep it in a flat rate box, the guy before me used priority mail and paid $30, I fit it all in a flat rate for $18. 2nd I’d be down for a tobacco only box pass, don’t be mad, but paying to ship other people’s random beer coozies and stuff seems silly... I play along for fun, but it does make the whole thing a bit less practical...

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 pm
Irish-Dane wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

Two thoughts to add here, 1st you gotta keep it in a flat rate box, the guy before me used priority mail and paid $30, I fit it all in a flat rate for $18. 2nd I’d be down for a tobacco only box pass, don’t be mad, but paying to ship other people’s random beer coozies and stuff seems silly... I play along for fun, but it does make the whole thing a bit less practical...

The cookies, coozies, hats and other stuff take the place of bubble wrap and wads of paper. Very practical, and keeps the tradition as well.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)