First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Post Reply
User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7522
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Hey gang...to those who have tried the Snug harbor, I would be interested in your thoughts. It is a bulk from C&D and it has become one of my favorites. It shows up ready to smoke and it seems to be a sleeper, in that unlike Mtn Camp and some others, it seems to be in stock most of the time. I really like the strength and the smooth flavor and it seems to be steady and consistent through the bowl.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7976
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:37 pm

*getting excited* if there’s some left I will def give Snug Harbor a shot! I like most C&D though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9336
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:47 pm
Hey gang...to those who have tried the Snug harbor, I would be interested in your thoughts. It is a bulk from C&D and it has become one of my favorites. It shows up ready to smoke and it seems to be a sleeper, in that unlike Mtn Camp and some others, it seems to be in stock most of the time. I really like the strength and the smooth flavor and it seems to be steady and consistent through the bowl.
I've smoked the sample I took, two bowls. Was smooth like you said. Smoked to the bottom with one light, very fine white ash. I have trouble distinguishing flavors, but this one tasted slightly floral to me. Some of the reviews suggested vanilla, but I didn't think so. It's a good smoke, and I wouldn't turn it down, but its not one that'll make my order list.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21021
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by FredS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:25 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:17 pm
It's raining today so I'm not going to the post office. Sorry Johnny Mac. Maybe I'll get out Monday.
Dangit. The dog's sick today. The little one. I'll try to get this mailed Tuesday Johnny Mac. Promise.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:25 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:17 pm
It's raining today so I'm not going to the post office. Sorry Johnny Mac. Maybe I'll get out Monday.
Dangit. The dog's sick today. The little one. I'll try to get this mailed Tuesday Johnny Mac. Promise.
Cough Cough
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9336
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:25 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:17 pm
It's raining today so I'm not going to the post office. Sorry Johnny Mac. Maybe I'll get out Monday.
Dangit. The dog's sick today. The little one. I'll try to get this mailed Tuesday Johnny Mac. Promise.
Cough Cough
Sort of reminds me of, what's that guys name? Joe something or other. :)
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:32 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:13 pm
Irish-Dane wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:25 pm
FredS wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:17 pm
It's raining today so I'm not going to the post office. Sorry Johnny Mac. Maybe I'll get out Monday.
Dangit. The dog's sick today. The little one. I'll try to get this mailed Tuesday Johnny Mac. Promise.
Cough Cough
Sort of reminds me of, what's that guys name? Joe something or other. :)
That's only what Johnny is thinking.The rest of us are in on the fun while Johnny is curled up in the fetal position in the corner of the room.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27332
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:15 pm

OK. We’ve all been very patient and accommodating.

FredS? Ship that damn box already, you Krispy Kream hatin’ sumbitch.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7522
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:21 am

He is messing with Johnny...I'm bettin' the box went out last week. Its how FredS rolls.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21021
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by FredS » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:35 am

Holy heck! Winter's back in CO and I already packed my winter coats away. S'posed to be warmer tomorrow so I'm sure I'll get to the post office then.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Jester » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:36 am

FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:35 am
Holy heck! Winter's back in CO and I already packed my winter coats away. S'posed to be warmer tomorrow so I'm sure I'll get to the post office then.
:rotfl:
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7522
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:09 am

We have 4 inches of snow this morning! I wanted to skip work and stay home and smoke and drink coffee....oh wait that's every morning, snow or no snow :)

Stay warm Fred
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7976
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 am

The Eagle has landed! So I went through it last night, took a bunch of 2 bowl samples, added a bunch of ounces of bulk for more sampling. Hope people don’t mind, took all jars and most of the open tins and transferred them to baggies, if this bad boy is gonna make it to the end it needs to lose a little weight... I think I’m gonna keep the Baptist hat, a couple of cigars and Sam’s Blend/Black House, I will let you know what I’m gonna replace em with later. Pics to come as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:19 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 am
The Eagle has landed! So I went through it last night, took a bunch of 2 bowl samples, added a bunch of ounces of bulk for more sampling. Hope people don’t mind, took all jars and most of the open tins and transferred them to baggies, if this bad boy is gonna make it to the end it needs to lose a little weight... I think I’m gonna keep the Baptist hat, a couple of cigars and Sam’s Blend/Black House, I will let you know what I’m gonna replace em with later. Pics to come as well.
Zero comments on the heckling. Zilch. Nada.

I'm disappointed.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 7976
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:39 am

I chuckled to myself and considered pretending that I had not received the box yet, but I was too lazy to keep up a charade.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by JohnnyMcPiperson on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:41 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:39 am
I chucked to myself and considered pretending that I had not received the box yet, but I was to lazy to keep up a charade.
Well you played along swimmingly. Glad it made it to you!
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:42 am

1) Bloodhound
2) SweetandSour
3) DepartedLight
4) FredS
5) JohnnyMcPiperson
6) John-Boy
7) JimVH
8 ) Hugodrax
9) Jester
10) UncleBob
11) Pepik
12) (Lady)Jake
13) TwoXSeven
14) Irish-Dane
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1347
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by Jester » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:42 am
1) Bloodhound
2) SweetandSour
3) DepartedLight
4) FredS
5) JohnnyMcPiperson
6) John-Boy
7) JimVH
8 ) Hugodrax
9) Jester
10) UncleBob
11) Pepik
12) (Lady)Jake
13) TwoXSeven
14) Irish-Dane
At this rate the box should be here around my birthday.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21712
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by JimVH » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:24 am

Jester wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:42 am
1) Bloodhound
2) SweetandSour
3) DepartedLight
4) FredS
5) JohnnyMcPiperson
6) John-Boy
7) JimVH
8 ) Hugodrax
9) Jester
10) UncleBob
11) Pepik
12) (Lady)Jake
13) TwoXSeven
14) Irish-Dane
At this rate the box should be here around my birthday.
+me

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21021
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by FredS » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:45 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 am
. . . Hope people don’t mind, took all jars and most of the open tins and transferred them to baggies, if this bad boy is gonna make it to the end it needs to lose a little weight. . .
That's the problem with a box pass among nice guys. They take out less than they put in and by the end of the deal it costs $50 to mail the damn thing.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Post Reply