Sun May 20, 2018 8:26 pm
Irish-Dane wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:22 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 pm
Puts:
Small jar of homemade elderberry jelly (I took the liberty of wrapping this in a wine bag that was in the box)
Four Sanders sea salt caramels

Added to the candy jar: black licorice drops, salted licorice coins, Black Forest organic hard caramels, and SweetTart-filled cherry licorice pieces.
I have been following this since the beginning never having been involved in a box pass and it has been interesting with certain tobbacos being added and taken, but, it was not until today with these candies and the jelly that I truly got envious of the next guy to get the box.
It is almost as much fun watching the thread as it is getting the box! The box gets really good towards the end, I’ve always thought it should go around twice for this reason!
I doubt everyone would be keen on spending that much on shipping TWICE, but then again maybe they would. It's definitely an interesting idea. Or maybe it's a sample-only box pass? Maybe you start the Fall box pass and set it up boomerang style? Maybe the second time around you have to commit to getting it and shipping it next day so it doesn't drag out for months and months? Just think-typing out loud.
Two thoughts to add here, 1st you gotta keep it in a flat rate box, the guy before me used priority mail and paid $30, I fit it all in a flat rate for $18. 2nd I’d be down for a tobacco only box pass, don’t be mad, but paying to ship other people’s random beer coozies and stuff seems silly... I play along for fun, but it does make the whole thing a bit less practical...
That's it. You're excommunicated. You're out of the band. You've been voted off the island. You ARE... the weakest link.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Re: First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:
Small jar of homemade elderberry jelly (I took the liberty of wrapping this in a wine bag that was in the box)

Added to the candy jar: black licorice drops, salted licorice coins, Black Forest organic hard caramels, and SweetTart-filled cherry licorice pieces.
I have been following this since the beginning never having been involved in a box pass and it has been interesting with certain tobbacos being added and taken, but, it was not until today with these candies and the jelly that I truly got envious of the next guy to get the box.
It is almost as much fun watching the thread as it is getting the box! The box gets really good towards the end, I’ve always thought it should go around twice for this reason!
I doubt everyone would be keen on spending that much on shipping TWICE, but then again maybe they would. It's definitely an interesting idea. Or maybe it's a sample-only box pass? Maybe you start the Fall box pass and set it up boomerang style? Maybe the second time around you have to commit to getting it and shipping it next day so it doesn't drag out for months and months? Just think-typing out loud.
Two thoughts to add here, 1st you gotta keep it in a flat rate box, the guy before me used priority mail and paid $30, I fit it all in a flat rate for $18. 2nd I’d be down for a tobacco only box pass, don’t be mad, but paying to ship other people’s random beer coozies and stuff seems silly... I play along for fun, but it does make the whole thing a bit less practical...
That's it. You're excommunicated. You're out of the band. You've been voted off the island. You ARE... the weakest link.
Lol I did say don’t get mad, but seriously though, I stand by the first piece of advice, if you keep it to a flat rate box you only pay $18 and you can put bricks in there if you want, so in that case all the random stuff is fine. I did also reduce the package just by getting rid of glass jars and one or two of the open tins and putting the tobacco in baggies.

I mean when I got the box some of the stuff was really cool, some of it was like ??? But yea I get the packing material bit, but I feel like the baggies of tobacco do that pretty well.

So nevermind advice #2, just consider the first bit about the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Tue May 22, 2018 6:45 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:37 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
rgcurrey wrote:
Jake wrote:
Puts:

Lol I did say don’t get mad, but seriously though, I stand by the first piece of advice, if you keep it to a flat rate box you only pay $18 and you can put bricks in there if you want, so in that case all the random stuff is fine. I did also reduce the package just by getting rid of glass jars and one or two of the open tins and putting the tobacco in baggies.

I mean when I got the box some of the stuff was really cool, some of it was like ??? But yea I get the packing material bit, but I feel like the baggies of tobacco do that pretty well.

So nevermind advice #2, just consider the first bit about the box.

I, for one, definitely heard you about the flat-rate box. Almost even got it to fit into a medium, which would have been $13.65 to ship. Good advice!
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Maybe flat rate shipping should be part of the next box pass that needs to start shortly after the July 4th holiday.
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Sun May 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Box is back in route to I-D.

Takes:
-Frog Morton OTT
-SG Full Virginia Flake
-Pisgah Brewing beer koozie

Puts:
-Erinmore Flake
-Christmas Cheer 2016
-Hand Made Pipe
Took a little extra time with the box because I-D bought my first pipe I ever made and it was total crap. Wanted to gift him one that's a little bit of an upgrade :)
I'm what some CPS'ers have called, "Better than advertised".

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Sun May 27, 2018 7:03 pm

TwoXseveN wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:18 pm

-Hand Made Pipe
Took a little extra time with the box because I-D bought my first pipe I ever made and it was total crap. Wanted to gift him one that's a little bit of an upgrade :)
That's gotta be against some kind of box pass rule, but I started this box so the final ruling is mine... and I will allow it.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:03 pm
TwoXseveN wrote:

-Hand Made Pipe
That's gotta be against some kind of box pass rule, but I started this box so the final ruling is mine... and I will allow it.
I kept the box for way more than 3 business days which is also against the rules.
Given that I was last stop before it returned home, I figured you'd end up being ok with it ;)

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Sun May 27, 2018 7:49 pm

TwoXseveN wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm
Irish-Dane wrote:
TwoXseveN wrote:

-Hand Made Pipe
I kept the box for way more than 3 business days which is also against the rules.
Given that I was last stop before it returned home, I figured you'd end up being ok with it ;)

AND NOW THE BOX PASS TWIST!!!!

2x7 now sends it backwards and it will take forever to get back to Sam!

:!: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :!:
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon May 28, 2018 12:12 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:49 pm
TwoXseveN wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm
Irish-Dane wrote:
TwoXseveN wrote:

-Hand Made Pipe

AND NOW THE BOX PASS TWIST!!!!

2x7 now sends it backwards and it will take forever to get back to Sam!

:!: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :!:
Fail.

But there is a twist.

Instead of keeping all the loot for myself, I'll be forwarding on the box to our good friend DLibbon after I take out whatever I want to keep for myself. As a father of young girls and the pastor of a young church, tobacco takes a side note in his budget, and your generosity throughout this Box Pass will all be going to him to enjoy. Dontcha just love CPS?

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon May 28, 2018 12:13 pm

1) Bloodhound
2) SweetandSour
3) DepartedLight
4) FredS
5) JohnnyMcPiperson
6) John-Boy
7) JimVH
8 ) Jester
9) UncleBob
10) (Lady)Jake
11) TwoXSeven
12) Irish-Dane

And then on to DLibbon.

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon May 28, 2018 12:41 pm

That’s an awesome way to finish it out!

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon May 28, 2018 12:45 pm

DepartedLight wrote:Maybe flat rate shipping should be part of the next box pass that needs to start shortly after the July 4th holiday.
Indeed, if we time it well we could do 3 of these a year. I will probably end up only ever smoking samples lol!

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Tue May 29, 2018 1:23 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:That’s an awesome way to finish it out!

Yes, just perfect :)

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 pm

I have a Beer Week event to attend this afternoon so no time to play, but I wanted to swing in and let you know the box is back in my possession. And I'm not sure what y'all were whining about, this box wasn't half as stuffed as some previous Box Passes. Puuuuhhhhleeeeeeez. :P

I am going to enjoy this weekend.

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:12 pm

My favorite part of every box pass I've ever been a part of is the, "final tally" when it got back to the person who started it. That's me, so here's the list...

Sealed Tins/Pouches:
- C'est La Vie french vanilla pouch
- Dunhill 965 50 gram
- Erinmore Flake 50 gram
- Escudo Navy De Luxe 50 gram
- Sutliff Breckinridge 1.5 ounce
- Hearth & Home Virginia Night 2 ounce
- Rattray Highland Targe 4 ounce
- McClelland's 2016 Christmas Cheer 100 gram

Pipe & Tobacco paraphernalia:
- 60 pack Long's Pipe Cleaners
- Pipe Smokers of Ireland ceramic pipe tamper
- #59 Cigar
- packet of pipe filters
- Bag of pieces of beeswax
- 2X7 Canadian-esque handcarved pipe
- Orange pipe sock made out of towel material (?)
- A new pipe of such indescribable beauty I'm withholding a photo

Food & drink related items:
- 3/4 filled bag of Szechuan Peppercorn
- VCR Coffee beans
- 3 baggies of different teas: Milk Oolong, Japanese Sencha, Mexican Hot Chocolate Chai
- Full Candy jar
- Cookie Jar with 4 wrapped cookies and some random stuff on the bottom
- Elderberry jelly
- bag of M&M's
- 2 bags with 2 each chocolate truffles
- Mica Town Brewing beer koozie
- Creative Mountain Food Tours wine tote

Other random awesomeness:
- Tuttle Hobbit CD
- Cypress Creek EMS challenge coin
- Books: Ties that Bind Ties that Break, The Red Pony
- November 2013 Popular Woodworking magazine
- one CPS Vinyl sticker
- Miracle all purpose polishing cloth
- 2 patches
- 1 Fidget Spinner that freaks out my Black Mouth Cur. The Missus took many videos of this.
- 1 pencil made out of a stick

And last but not least, the GINORMOUS amounts of samples in baggies:
- H&H Old Tartan
- Jerri's Pipe Shop Pilot's Blend
- C&D Star of East
- C&D Night Train
- JFH Grey Flannel
- John Bull Royal English
- FINCK Cigar Co. Istanbul
- MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian
- Unknown, no label
- C&D Big & Burley
- Drucquer & Sons Inns of Court
- H&H Fusilier's Ration
- Drucquer & Sons Red Lion
- Dunhill Elizabethan Mix
- GL Pease Key largo
- McClelland 2015 Christmas Cheer
- Old London Mix
- Frog Morton Original
- C&D Bayou Morning
- Captain Earle's Ten Russians
- Chief Catoonah Princes Street Mixture

And there you have it, the full circle of the First Box Pass of 2018. Now to figure out what I'm taking before it heads off to DLibbon.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:My favorite part of every box pass I've ever been a part of is the, "final tally" when it got back to the person who started it. That's me, so here's the list...

Sealed Tins/Pouches:
- C'est La Vie french vanilla pouch
- Dunhill 965 50 gram
- Erinmore Flake 50 gram
- Escudo Navy De Luxe 50 gram
- Sutliff Breckinridge 1.5 ounce
- Hearth & Home Virginia Night 2 ounce
- Rattray Highland Targe 4 ounce
- McClelland's 2016 Christmas Cheer 100 gram

Pipe & Tobacco paraphernalia:
- 60 pack Long's Pipe Cleaners
- Pipe Smokers of Ireland ceramic pipe tamper
- #59 Cigar
- packet of pipe filters
- Bag of pieces of beeswax
- 2X7 Canadian-esque handcarved pipe
- Orange pipe sock made out of towel material (?)
- A new pipe of such indescribable beauty I'm withholding a photo

Food & drink related items:
- 3/4 filled bag of Szechuan Peppercorn
- VCR Coffee beans
- 3 baggies of different teas: Milk Oolong, Japanese Sencha, Mexican Hot Chocolate Chai
- Full Candy jar
- Cookie Jar with 4 wrapped cookies and some random stuff on the bottom
- Elderberry jelly
- bag of M&M's
- 2 bags with 2 each chocolate truffles
- Mica Town Brewing beer koozie
- Creative Mountain Food Tours wine tote

Other random awesomeness:
- Tuttle Hobbit CD
- Cypress Creek EMS challenge coin
- Books: Ties that Bind Ties that Break, The Red Pony
- November 2013 Popular Woodworking magazine
- one CPS Vinyl sticker
- Miracle all purpose polishing cloth
- 2 patches
- 1 Fidget Spinner that freaks out my Black Mouth Cur. The Missus took many videos of this.
- 1 pencil made out of a stick

And last but not least, the GINORMOUS amounts of samples in baggies:
- H&H Old Tartan
- Jerri's Pipe Shop Pilot's Blend
- C&D Star of East
- C&D Night Train
- JFH Grey Flannel
- John Bull Royal English
- FINCK Cigar Co. Istanbul
- MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian
- Unknown, no label
- C&D Big & Burley
- Drucquer & Sons Inns of Court
- H&H Fusilier's Ration
- Drucquer & Sons Red Lion
- Dunhill Elizabethan Mix
- GL Pease Key largo
- McClelland 2015 Christmas Cheer
- Old London Mix
- Frog Morton Original
- C&D Bayou Morning
- Captain Earle's Ten Russians
- Chief Catoonah Princes Street Mixture

And there you have it, the full circle of the First Box Pass of 2018. Now to figure out what I'm taking before it heads off to DLibbon.
Holy Moly

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

First Box Pass of 2018: who's in?

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:52 pm

I should’ve taken more of that Grey Flannel, so good. That was the first sample I ran out of.

Currently smoking some SG Scotch Autumn Flake from the box pass!

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Took a couple days to smoke through some samples and figure out what I was going to keep. I decided to send DLibbon all the tins and only kept the C'est La Vie pouch for myself. I also kept what was left of the Grey Flannel, Original Frog Morton, C&D Big & Burley, and the Pirate's Blend. I shared the truffles with the Missus, and I ate most of the candy. I also took enough coffee beans for a pot of coffee, and the Elderberry jelly to accompany something tasty. And to read with my coffee and jelly, I kept the Steinbeck novel and Woodworking magazine. I also kept the Challenge Coin because I need some motivation in my life right now.

I added a couple JMG pipe bags and a rough-shaped pipe from the Gatlinburlier.

It goes out in the mail tomorrow. And he has NO IDEA. :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:06 pm

1) Bloodhound
2) SweetandSour
3) DepartedLight
4) FredS
5) JohnnyMcPiperson
6) John-Boy
7) JimVH
8 ) Jester
9) UncleBob
10) (Lady)Jake
11) TwoXSeven
12) Irish-Dane

The box is en route to it's final, secret home.

TwoXseveN
I'm the Sassy One

Post by TwoXseveN » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:Took a couple days to smoke through some samples and figure out what I was going to keep. I decided to send DLibbon all the tins and only kept the C'est La Vie pouch for myself. I also kept what was left of the Grey Flannel, Original Frog Morton, C&D Big & Burley, and the Pirate's Blend. I shared the truffles with the Missus, and I ate most of the candy. I also took enough coffee beans for a pot of coffee, and the Elderberry jelly to accompany something tasty. And to read with my coffee and jelly, I kept the Steinbeck novel and Woodworking magazine. I also kept the Challenge Coin because I need some motivation in my life right now.

I added a couple JMG pipe bags and a rough-shaped pipe from the Gatlinburlier.

It goes out in the mail tomorrow. And he has NO IDEA. :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:
Bah! Goodness all around!