Canada customs refusing shipment?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Rev156
Congregation
Congregation

Canada customs refusing shipment?

Post by Rev156 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:28 am

Any other canuck have this issue lately? I have been ordering from 4noggins with no issues......placed an order late Aug....waited and waited....15 days later get notified via tracking its been refused and sent back.....no reason given......could be trade blowback.....potential canada post strike......
Life is hard somtimes.......1st world problems
Mark

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Re: Canada customs refusing shipment?

Post by coco » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 am

The maximum amount of tobacco you could bring through customs is 200 g. I'm guessing that this is also the maximum you could order online. Perhaps the postal person thought that there was more than 200 g and sent it back. Or perhaps this person just didn't want to fool with the paperwork that day. (If the gram content is not specified by the sender, Canadian officials weigh your package and guess in their favor.)
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:37 pm

I had this problem at Christmas with our secret Santa last year. First time that happened to me. Was just my luck that I had a worker that didn't know what they were doing.

You can ship as much as you like (well, up to the personal amount we're allowed to have on hand at one time ... I forget that amount right now), but you'll have to pay duties and taxes.

I think you got somebody who didn't know what they're doing, or like Coco said didn't want to do the paperwork that day.

Also I've found it helps to have your title of Reverend in the shipping address ;)

Oh 1 more thing: some people ship without a true declaration trying to help us out. So if the declaration said something like "aroma therapy" and the agents discovered it to be tobacco then they might have sent back?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Rev156
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Rev156 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:42 pm

I've always kept it to the 200gr.....waiting to see if the strike goes ahead before reshipping......