Indy smoke shops

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
AnungUnRama
Congregation
Congregation

Indy smoke shops

Post by AnungUnRama » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:30 am

Hey guys I've got to head to Indy tomorrow to drop a guitar amp off for repair. Since Hardwicks is now closed and I don't get up there often, any recommendations on a good pipe shop I can visit?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Re: Indy smoke shops

Post by Cleon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:48 am

Where are you driving from? I know Hardwicke's downtown on the circle is closed. They had one in Broad Ripple. You might check there. There is also The Pipe Puffer on the far south side on County Line Rd. across from the mall.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:01 am

Oh, also, if you are in the Bloomington area just head downtown near the I.U. campus. There's a killer smoke shop there called The Briar and the Burley. It's across the street from the courthouse.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

AnungUnRama
Congregation
Congregation

Post by AnungUnRama » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:13 am

I hit the Briar and Burley on Saturday. Lovely shop. I'm considering hitting the Pipe Puffer tomorrow. Not that I'll be able to afford a whole bunch but it's nice to look around. We've a Smoker Friendly in Seymour and it's "okay" but not much for a pipe smoker there.

I live about an hour and a half south of Indy but the amp repair place is on the north east side near keystone crossing.

AnungUnRama
Congregation
Congregation

Post by AnungUnRama » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:24 pm

So I stopped in at the pipe puffer on my way home. I don't know if it's Indiana taxes or what but that fellow's tins were double what P&C has them for. I did pick up a tin of Royal Yacht as he had it, I like it and you can't find it online anymore. He did have some bulk Night Cap and Early Morning Pipe on hand but I passed on that.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Brings back memories. I live for a year just north of Indy.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 am

Wish I would have checked in earlier. I would have met up with you at either or both shops. I like them both.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

AnungUnRama
Congregation
Congregation

Post by AnungUnRama » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:03 pm

SlowToke wrote:Wish I would have checked in earlier. I would have met up with you at either or both shops. I like them both.
I'll try and touch base with you when I go to pick my amp up. I usually take a half day off to do that bc it's a couple hour drive for me.