Peretti Thanksgiving Day is available to order.

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Peretti Thanksgiving Day is available to order.

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 am

And thanks to the tobacco fairy (aka Bloodhound) I had a nice sample of this and will be ordering a cake before the wife can nix it. :dancingpie:
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Re: Peretti Thanksgiving Day is available to order.

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:20 am

I always found Peretti's blends to be quite enjoyable.

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:41 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:02 am
And thanks to the tobacco fairy (aka Bloodhound) I had a nice sample of this and will be ordering a cake before the wife can nix it. :dancingpie:
That sample I sent to you had a couple of years worth of age on it...the fresh stuff will likely have more flavor. It is some very good stuff!
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:05 pm

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:25 pm

A. Morley, on Tobacco Reviews wrote:Just as Thanksgiving Day is the quintessential American holiday, Thanksgiving Day blend by L. J. Peretti is a quintessential American tobacco. It’s burley based with a Virginia backing and an aromatic addition that is very much like what you find on Three Star Blue, Heine’s Blend, and those few other truly vintage American aromatics that are becoming all-too rare. Think a much more polished, sophisticated version of Half & Half.

Peretti knows what they are doing when it comes to burley. They do burley well all the time. The chunky cube cut here is woody and full bodied. The sweetness of the aromatic top dressing actually helps to develop the chocolate essence that burley tobacco naturally is possessed of while, at the same time, helping to cut back or mellow out the characteristic bitterness. That aromatic topping is really a marvel. It’s not just a single, artificial flavoring. It’s complex and subtle. It’s like anise and a little bit of clove and cinnamon, but with an underlying powdery, perfumey softness.

The pale Virginia adds a little more strength and a little more natural sweetness, but never makes the blend burn hot. This is a slow, cool burn throughout. This is due to the cube cut burley, of course, but also in no small part to the oh so charming crumble cake that the blend is pressed into. I tended to break off a chunk and barely crumble it before loading it into the pipe. Easily an hour or more of pure pleasure.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk