Smoking lounges in your area

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Post Reply
User avatar
Nature of a Man
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:14 am

Smoking lounges in your area

Post by Nature of a Man » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:28 pm

The other day my doctor told me about a tobacco shop in my town which has a casual lounge for pipe and cigar smokers to simply have a smoke and make conversation - I'd never heard of something like this before but it makes me want to check it out

(Earlier in life I used to visit local bars to chat and make conversation, but I stopped going there since I no longer drink, and found them a distracting environment for various reasons, but I always liked the idea of a low-key environment for a smoke and good conversation). I was wondering if anyone else here has heard of a place similar to that.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21896
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by JimVH » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Lounges are good fun. Most of the tobacconists around here have lounges in one form or another. A couple of them in the area even allow their regular customers to access the lounge after hours without owner presence. They BYOB and buy cigars on their honor. At one point they were all open access, but some are going to a paid club-like membership. I spent years hanging out at one, but they moved to an upscale shopping center and went membership only. I just can't justify the expense.

User avatar
Nature of a Man
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:14 am

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by Nature of a Man » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:54 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:43 pm
Lounges are good fun. Most of the tobacconists around here have lounges in one form or another. A couple of them in the area even allow their regular customers to access the lounge after hours without owner presence. They BYOB and buy cigars on their honor. At one point they were all open access, but some are going to a paid club-like membership. I spent years hanging out at one, but they moved to an upscale shopping center and went membership only. I just can't justify the expense.
Sounds like a fun time

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27529
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:40 pm

I'm turning my back patio into a bakky lounge. It's crude now but can seat many. Just have to sit on the garden wall. Not really conducive to conversation just yet but, I'll get a bean bag or two and it'll be great.

Come on over y'all!
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 37504
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by Del » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Madison, WI, has three smoking lounges.

But my favorite lounge is in Milwaukee. I make a pilgrimage there, every six months or so.Uhl
Uhle's Pipes & Cigars Since 1939.

I was in Milwaukee this October, at a convention of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre. The hotel was just a few blocks down the street. I managed to get away with a few guys every evening.

The place is a neighborhood hangout, filled with multi-cultural, bi-gendered charm.
https://pipesandtobaccosmagazine.com/20 ... r-and-son/

They do not sell alcohol, but they have a fridge and lockers where customers keep their own supplies. Or carry in. Or take the back hallway (reminiscent of Prohibition Days) to visit the bar next door for "take out."
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Nature of a Man
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:14 am

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by Nature of a Man » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:00 pm
Madison, WI, has three smoking lounges.

But my favorite lounge is in Milwaukee. I make a pilgrimage there, every six months or so.Uhl
Uhle's Pipes & Cigars Since 1939.

I was in Milwaukee this October, at a convention of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre. The hotel was just a few blocks down the street. I managed to get away with a few guys every evening.
That place looks like it has a good atmosphere..

User avatar
Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 8096
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Lexington, NC, near the Walmart
Contact:

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by Steverino » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 pm

In our town of less than 20,000, we are not blessed with such a facility; however, there are several pipe and tobacco shops around the state that provide this service. Unfortunately, none are nearby, though I have occasionally patronized a few that are within an hour's drive and have met other pipe smokers (some from CPS) for a smoke. Very enjoyable.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 37504
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by Del » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:44 am

Nature of a Man wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:40 pm
Del wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:00 pm
Madison, WI, has three smoking lounges.

But my favorite lounge is in Milwaukee. I make a pilgrimage there, every six months or so.Uhl
Uhle's Pipes & Cigars Since 1939.

I was in Milwaukee this October, at a convention of the Knights of the Holy Sepulchre. The hotel was just a few blocks down the street. I managed to get away with a few guys every evening.
That place looks like it has a good atmosphere..
People make the atmosphere.

Grab a buddy and visit a local spot. With any luck, you will encounter a group of regulars who will warm up and welcome you like some long-lost relative.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by Winton » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:26 pm

I was in two smoking lounges yesterday. I spent 2 hours at our regular shop, in the morning. The few people there were interested in their computer, book or the TV. Glad I had my phone to entertain myself.

At noon, I was picked up for a carpool into Chicago to go to Iwan Ries. The CPCC had a special field trip to visit this shop. We all enjoyed several hours of talking, smoking and shopping. Too bad I didn't have my secret santa wish list. That would have been a great place to find some good blends.

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3726
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by GaryInVA » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:03 pm

When I lived in MD I used to visit the lounge in JB's garage.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

Official London Fatberg Finder

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32560
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by John-Boy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:05 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:03 pm
When I lived in MD I used to visit the lounge in JB's garage.
Discussion of Cheesecake guy came up today... in context of veteran's day and celebrating the troops. Thanks for your service, friend.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

AnungUnRama
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by AnungUnRama » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:16 pm

There's a joint here that's a cigar and martini lounge but their schedule and mine don't coincide. Not sure if they'd be ok with me bringing my pipe. Their cigar selection is thin but not terrible. I worked briefly at a cigar shop years ago and Evansville used to have three. Now they have one.

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3726
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by GaryInVA » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:20 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:05 pm
GaryInVA wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:03 pm
When I lived in MD I used to visit the lounge in JB's garage.
Discussion of Cheesecake guy came up today... in context of veteran's day and celebrating the troops. Thanks for your service, friend.
JB, make sure you smoke something expensive for the troops today. The more it costs, the more bullets we can buy.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

Official London Fatberg Finder

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32560
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by John-Boy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:39 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:20 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:05 pm
GaryInVA wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:03 pm
When I lived in MD I used to visit the lounge in JB's garage.
Discussion of Cheesecake guy came up today... in context of veteran's day and celebrating the troops. Thanks for your service, friend.
JB, make sure you smoke something expensive for the troops today. The more it costs, the more bullets we can buy.
You know I will!
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Posts: 2225
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: ...through the tulips

Re: Smoking lounges in your area

Post by michigander » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:14 am

I'm still hung up on:
Nature of a Man wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:28 pm
The other day my doctor told me about a tobacco shop...
I wish I had a doctor like that. :D

Post Reply