Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Re: 2019 Chicago Pipe Show

Post by Gabriel » Fri May 03, 2019 9:21 am

joegoat wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:05 am
Gas stop in sone Podunkville Indiana. Brandon has been inside so a while. I sure hope he isn't being molested. The truck parked in front of me had a cobbled together plywood camper on the back with a sign on the back door saying something about Jesus' tough love... Brandon has returned, unabused. Back on the road!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
:lol:
Sola Deo Gloria

Del
Hot Legs
Hot Legs

Post by Del » Fri May 03, 2019 1:35 pm

joegoat wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:15 am
And now we'll wait while they try to turn the corner with the windmill blade... Had we only pulled out three minutes sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300 vehicles sitting here idling. This is green energy...
Maybe if they walk around the thing one more time the problem will cease to be. It worked on Jericho.Image

:lol:

If you keep this up, this just might be the laughingest Pipe Show ever.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

joegoat
Minister of Beetles
Minister of Beetles

Post by joegoat » Sat May 04, 2019 7:17 am

Friday night's events were as follows:
The pre show ended and tables were set up. Joegoat and Bdaily laid claim to one for CPS with no bloodshed. Slowtoke and Winton had been sighted prior, but had not yet been drawn into the CPS gaggle. Kaydens' presence remained a rumor.
Bdaily sees a familiar face in the crowd and went off to either make a fool of himself or catch up with an old friend, leaving Joegoat alone. Three strangers, soon to be friends, appear at the table and ask Joegoat if the seats are available. Joegoat invites them to join. Introductions are made. The two gentlemen are Canadian. One is Ardell. The only Ardell per his claims, but he is not our Del. The young lady is from Springfield Missouri, the one from the Simpsons per her claim. They stayed and did not run away, even when Bdaily returned.
Big Will was next to arrive, he towered above the crowd as he searched the smoke filled tent for the glowing faces of his friends. He found us and joined. He brought food from the outside! Shame? He had none. Slowtoke joined the group next. Nate stopped by. The two Canadians moved on. Not Slowtoke's fault. The young lady stayed.
Dinner was at 7:00. Del met us there. Dinner was good.
Back to the smoking tent. The young lady was still with us. We were doing well at being a foster group and considered her adopted by this point. Pipes were lit. Del is tired of wearing pants and changes into his kilt in the parking lot. Nate stopped by and told the story of Sean from McBarren and Big Will followed with the story of Thor. Nate passes the secret of the hospitality suit to us. We decide to go down. Nate gives us a tour. This place is wierd. Crowd is cool though. CPS guys stay till 11:00 lots of fun is had. We went to bed.

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

JMG
CPS Missionary to PNG
CPS Missionary to PNG

Post by JMG » Sat May 04, 2019 7:59 am

joegoat wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:17 am
The pre show ended and tables were set up. Joegoat and Bdaily laid claim to one for CPS with no bloodshed. Slowtoke and Winton had been sighted prior, but had not yet been drawn into the CPS gaggle. Kaydens' presence remained a rumor.
Bdaily sees a familiar face in the crowd and went off to either make a fool of himself or catch up with an old friend, leaving Joegoat alone. Three strangers, soon to be friends, appear at the table and ask Joegoat if the seats are available. Joegoat invites them to join. Introductions are made. The two gentlemen are Canadian. One is Ardell. The only Ardell per his claims, but he is not our Del. The young lady is from Springfield Missouri, the one from the Simpsons per her claim. They stayed and did not run away, even when Bdaily returned.
Big Will was next to arrive, he towered above the crowd as he searched the smoke filled tent for the glowing faces of his friends. He found us and joined. He brought food from the outside! Shame? He had none. Slowtoke joined the group next. Nate stopped by. The two Canadians moved on. Not Slowtoke's fault. The young lady stayed.
Back to the smoking tent. The young lady was still with us. We were doing well at being a foster group and considered her adopted by this point. Pipes were lit. Del is tired of wearing pants and changes into his kilt in the parking lot. Nate stopped by and told the story of Sean from McBarren and Big Will followed with the story of Thor. Nate passes the secret of the hospitality suit to us. We decide to go down. Nate gives us a tour. This place is wierd. Crowd is cool though. CPS guys stay till 11:00 lots of fun is had. We went to bed.

"Totes jelly" as the kids say.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat May 04, 2019 11:07 am

joegoat wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:51 am
JMG wrote:
joegoat wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:34 pm
JMG wrote:Somebody facetime me in when you guys are at the table.
We need to make this happen! I wish you could make it this year! You're a cool dude!

Likewise, bud. It was a bit surreal for me to actually meet a lot of you guys last year.
It is odd meeting people half a world away that you only know over the internet.
I still remember the first time I met Del and Pipeson. It was at Oshkosh in 2011. It's cool to put a face and a voice with the posts we read on here though.

This. I wish I could see all of you guys again.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Bdaily
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Bdaily » Sat May 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Hey y’all! Look who showed up for his annual forum contribution weekend!

Saddened that JMG isn’t here. Was looking forward to seeing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Bread is made for laughter,
and wine gladdens life,
and money answers everything."

Ecclesiastes 10.19

joegoat
Minister of Beetles
Minister of Beetles

Post by joegoat » Sat May 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Bdaily wrote:Hey y’all! Look who showed up for his annual forum contribution weekend!

27 posts! Woot woot! Same time next year for number 28.

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

joegoat
Minister of Beetles
Minister of Beetles

Post by joegoat » Sat May 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, Thor has arrived.Image

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Sat May 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Thor!

Hey Will!
Sola Deo Gloria

JMG
CPS Missionary to PNG
CPS Missionary to PNG

Post by JMG » Sat May 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Bdaily wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:26 pm
Hey y’all! Look who showed up for his annual forum contribution weekend!

Hate I missed you, bud. Good to see your yearly post though.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

smokadoro
NOOOOB!!!
NOOOOB!!!

Post by smokadoro » Sun May 05, 2019 9:53 am

joegoat wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:17 am

It would have been delightful to join you. Sorry it didn't work out. Please post about Saturday's shennanigans too!
Do not say "I agree," "I disagree" or "I suspend judgment" until you can say "I understand." ~Mortimer Adler

Bdaily
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Bdaily » Sun May 05, 2019 3:01 pm

The late Saturday report...

Bdaily and Joegoat wait in tent for show to open. Talk with guy from Pittsburgh and guy from Miami, names of which are forgotten. Show opens, no sign of Ardell or our Del nor our newly adopted honorary CPS member (CPS handle pending). Benders and displays are enjoyed. Joegoat sits in smoking tent alone. Bdaily, Winton, Winton’s son and Del partake in a resort restaurant for lunch. New honorary CPS member spotted across the way looking for a snack. Invite her to the end of lunch and she refills our drinking glasses while our waitress is MIA. Meanwhile, Joegoat has multiple pipe smoking old men rotate through the table. Not particularly conversational. Group joins smoking tent. Pipes are smoked, laughs are had. Thor makes its annual appearance. Del goes off to Mass clad in kilt mumbling about the music he was about to endure. Gathered party for dinner at Giordano’s bringing along Alexander Pipes and Co. Del too full to attend. All meet back in smoking tent. Small mason jar of hooch brought out to share. Jeremiah stops by and joins the group. Theology discussed, Virginia’s smoked. Del starting to fade, leads the exodus for the night. Will bids adieu for the year.

(Narration provided by a driving Joegoat)

"Bread is made for laughter,
and wine gladdens life,
and money answers everything."

Ecclesiastes 10.19

Del
Hot Legs
Hot Legs

Post by Del » Sun May 05, 2019 7:04 pm

We met up with kaydens along the way. He gifted us with a package of St. Bruno Flake for Saturday night table.
Sunday morning breakfast tradition at i-Hop. Joegoat, Bdaily, Del, and our new young lady friend.
Kaydens also appeared, with a young-and-attractive Asian lady. He pretended not to know us.
Told the story of the Olde North Pancake House, in which Del bellowed incoherently for coffee and hash browns.

Met with Skip in the smoking tent. Skip coached our new friend on how to answer the CPS firewall questions regarding smoked meats and tacos.

New friend was heart-broken that she wasn't able to enter the slow-smoking contest. She won second place in the Springfield, MO slow-smoke. Her time there was nearly 1.5 hours.

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes

Post by Winton » Sun May 05, 2019 7:44 pm

I just recently arrived home. Lots of fun for all, Not much sleep, Too much food. Life is good.

I think the funniest part was when Del was cursing at a church's website, as he tried to figure out when their Saturday Mass started.

Glad to meet a lot of new friends and some that I have know for years.

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Sun May 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Next year!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Del
Hot Legs
Hot Legs

Post by Del » Mon May 06, 2019 9:25 pm

I got to meet new CPS member smokadoro!

He brought his wife and infant son, and they were headed out to find the perfect pizza. He just managed to find that guy in the kilt before he left.

Winton
Minister of Dad Jokes
Minister of Dad Jokes

Post by Winton » Tue May 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Chicago Bowl for Virginia Fake Resuts

17 C&D Red Carpet
32 Lane PS Luxury Navy Flake
44 John Cotton Double Pressed VA Pipes & Cigars ** Winner of contest **
56 Mississippi River Seattle Pipe Club
64 Crumple Cake Red Virginia Sutliff

FYI, the voting was very close.

Del
Hot Legs
Hot Legs

Post by Del » Tue May 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Winton wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 3:20 pm

17 C&D Red Carpet

Can't go wrong with a premium virginia flake.

joegoat
Minister of Beetles
Minister of Beetles

Post by joegoat » Tue May 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Del wrote:
Winton wrote:

17 C&D Red Carpet

Can't go wrong with a premium virginia flake.
I thought they were all quite good.

rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate

Post by rgcurrey » Wed May 08, 2019 8:01 am

Winton wrote:

17 C&D Red Carpet

I did not think Mississippi River was a virginia flake.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen