Morning ritual and tobacco

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Morning ritual and tobacco

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:01 am

Good morning. Happy to be back here after eight years. Right now I'm sitting in my busted recliner sipping Eight O'clock coffee watching my two house beasts and my first tobacco is......Copenhagen snuff. It's a good way to get my nicotine blood level to operating levels and after that breakfast I'll have a bowl of Carter Hall, Prince Albert or Sir Walter Raleigh for starters. I know Copenhagen is nasty but it's an acquired taste. For some reason I have never been able to acquire a taste for pipe juice/fluid. I wonder why? Anyway, I hope you all have a Blessed Day.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

Del
Hot Legs
Hot Legs

Re: Morning ritual and tobacco

Post by Del » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:26 am

I need to cultivate some tobacco/clock rituals.

Some days I forget to smoke entirely.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:09 am

Hey, Stanley. Welcome back to CPS.

I have a morning tobacco ritual. Lately, I always smoke Samuel Gawith bulk Mayors Chocolate Flake with my morning coffee. :coffee: Often followed up with Gawith Hoggarth & Co. bulk Brown Flake Unscented
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Del
Hot Legs
Hot Legs

Post by Del » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:09 am
Hey, Stanley. Welcome back to CPS.

I have a morning tobacco ritual. Lately, I always smoke Samuel Gawith bulk Mayors Chocolate Flake with my morning coffee. :coffee: Often followed up with Gawith Hoggarth & Co. bulk Brown Flake Unscented
Several years ago, we had a thread on what best to drink as we smoke. Our general consensus was that coffee was the best beverage to pair with tobacco. I have found this to be true for me.

So I really need a morning ritual smoke.

Or late evening decaf.
(but this would adversely reduce my bourbon time)
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:25 pm

A morning smoke is an infrequent luxury, but a good cup of coffee and a stout burley is a treat that I could certainly build into a ritual.

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:07 am

All good, but with raised eyebrows on the Copenhagen. I tried it once, when I was in college. Btw, to my knowledge no photos of me are in any college yearbook, thank goodness. High school yearbook, no problem.

A morning pipe typically of one of the McCl Grand Orientals or mild English, along with coffee was my ritual for my daily commute.

Now retired, if I'm home I'll typically have a mid morning smoke with coffee, and a late evening, dusk, smoke with whatever I happen to have to sip on. The smoke is whatever happens to be the pipe tobacco I have out, or cigar.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

CO-James
Congregation
Congregation

Post by CO-James » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:34 pm

Blue Mountain gold med roast, bible and silence for about an hour. No tabacco becuse I would puke that early in the morning. That being said I would love the smell of pipe smoke that early. Maybe I'll start burning it like incense in the morning.

DepartedLight
Likes Licking Guns
Likes Licking Guns

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Usual work day morning.

0715 Alarm
10 min snooze
Stretch
Pet Rascal. He then flips onto his back for his morning tummy rub. This lats as long as it takes for the morning constitutional to be of concern.

Post paperwork it's, coffee started, dog fed, take the flag pole out to the mailbox and secure it.

Return to the homestead and power up laptop in office. Grab a pipe and more often than not fill it with Carter Hall.

Fill my bubba coffee travel thermos and commute my butt by foot to the wayyyyyyyy far side of the house. And take a seat at my desk.

I then immediately get up because I forgot something I need. Returning I begin my work day.

Coffee, Carter Hall, email reading, conference call checking, and taking a peek-a-boo in CPS.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 am

Like Jim, I don't get to enjoy a morning smoke very often. When I do, it is an English or a Burley with coffee. Most times I am a late evening smoker.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by michigander » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:58 pm

Since retiring my "schedule" is much more relaxed.

I've taken to having a latte and morning smoke after getting my bride off to work.

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Cope is certainly easier to take in the morning than a pipe. I dipped it for 27 years (age 14-41) and it was way more than a 'ritual'. To say I was addicted would be an understatement. I often fell asleep with it packed in my jaw and it was on the nightstand so I could dip as soon as I awoke. I loved the stuff and I wish I could have some now and then but I fear I'd fall back in to addiction. Copenhagen and coffee - makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Yum.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe