Box Pass 2019

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
User avatar
7formy1911
Sick of being a butthead
Sick of being a butthead
Posts: 5080
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by 7formy1911 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:06 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:52 am
7formy1911 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:07 am
Since I’m last, is that a good thing or a bad thing...
Depends how cheap you are.

Pros: box bursting with goodies, so full that you should be careful how you open it. Tobaccos, pipes, calendars, private gift or two.

Cons: all the really good stuff is gone, some tobaccos dried out, high shipping cost.

Pros outweigh cons, I'd say.
I’ll go with with pro on this one!
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."

User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3552
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by ryland » Sat May 25, 2019 9:18 am

Starting a box pass is one way to kick start a pipe tobacco cellar. I did it a few years ago and received way more than I started the box with.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Jester » Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am

Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 10431
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by sweetandsour » Fri May 31, 2019 8:26 am

I guess I missed this one. Good luck everyone.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 1798
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am

Jester wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am
Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
"Jester pipe tobacco" -- is this some mix of burly and tuttle tears?
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28568
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by DepartedLight » Fri May 31, 2019 11:55 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am
Jester wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am
Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
"Jester pipe tobacco" -- is this some mix of burly and tuttle tears?
And how old is that there pouch? :lol: :lol:
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18734
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by hugodrax » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:55 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am
Jester wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am
Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
"Jester pipe tobacco" -- is this some mix of burly and tuttle tears?
And how old is that there pouch? :lol: :lol:
I have it. Will open it and turn it around tomorrow or Tuesday. Tomorrow is four hours on a machine day.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 23316
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by JimVH » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:55 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am
Jester wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am
Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
"Jester pipe tobacco" -- is this some mix of burly and tuttle tears?
And how old is that there pouch? :lol: :lol:
I have it. Will open it and turn it around tomorrow or Tuesday. Tomorrow is four hours on a machine day.
It's a shame you can't have a smoke or two while you sit there.

Not even joking.

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 1798
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:55 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:55 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am
Jester wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am
Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
"Jester pipe tobacco" -- is this some mix of burly and tuttle tears?
And how old is that there pouch? :lol: :lol:
I have it. Will open it and turn it around tomorrow or Tuesday. Tomorrow is four hours on a machine day.
Brother, remember there is no rush on this, get it mailed when you get it mailed as you have other things that are taking up your time.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8838
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 am

JimVH wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:55 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am
Jester wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am
Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
"Jester pipe tobacco" -- is this some mix of burly and tuttle tears?
And how old is that there pouch? :lol: :lol:
I have it. Will open it and turn it around tomorrow or Tuesday. Tomorrow is four hours on a machine day.
It's a shame you can't have a smoke or two while you sit there.

Not even joking.
For sure
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28568
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 am
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:55 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am
Jester wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am
Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
"Jester pipe tobacco" -- is this some mix of burly and tuttle tears?
And how old is that there pouch? :lol: :lol:
I have it. Will open it and turn it around tomorrow or Tuesday. Tomorrow is four hours on a machine day.
It's a shame you can't have a smoke or two while you sit there.

Not even joking.
For sure
If I can smoke a pipe in a public library in Virginia without raising an eyebrow; you can have a wee cob in the Borg assimilation waiting room. I mean. Come on.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18734
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:49 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:42 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 am
JimVH wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:33 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:55 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 am
Jester wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:51 am
Box Contents

1 unopened tin of McClelland Black Parrot
1 unopened tin of Fusiler's Ration
1 unopened pouch of Jester pipe tobacco
8 General Grant cigars (one for each of you)
1 crystal pipe stand ash tray.
Kirk Cameron's Monumental

Ships before noon!
"Jester pipe tobacco" -- is this some mix of burly and tuttle tears?
And how old is that there pouch? :lol: :lol:
I have it. Will open it and turn it around tomorrow or Tuesday. Tomorrow is four hours on a machine day.
It's a shame you can't have a smoke or two while you sit there.

Not even joking.
For sure
If I can smoke a pipe in a public library in Virginia without raising an eyebrow; you can have a wee cob in the Borg assimilation waiting room. I mean. Come on.
Ok, tiger.

I was selfish. I took the tin of Fusilier's ration (didn't even get to smoke any the last time, although my dog pronounced it excellent) and the personal cigar ashtray, which is the perfect size and much appreciated.

Going to put in a pipe or two and some bulks and get it out tomorrow.

Thanks foe your patience. You fellows are alright by me. Well, most of you. Nah...all of you. Thanks.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28568
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:58 pm
Darn I am before Jim. So much for my chance at getting some "Dancing Baptist." Oh well I think I read somewhere that it was cloying anyway.
Rita doesn't get why I'm laughing so hard.

CPS Gold.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

Post Reply