Box Pass 2019

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Post Reply
User avatar
Jester
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1999
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Jester » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:52 am

Adam Z wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:12 am
The box should be in the mail tomorrow. It's been a crazy couple of days, moving and whatnot. Sorry guys.

Also of note - those General Grant cigars are ugly as sin, but I smoked one last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. Smoking it to the nub, I finished it off in the Baby Mod - first time I've smoked a cigar in a pipe. I was disappointed to find that all the online retailers I saw who carry them are currently sold out on them. I'd buy a box of 30 coronas for $30-40. For an inexpensive "everyday" smoke, these are good. Thanks, Jester!
Very ugly, very good. I ordered them when they were on back-order and had to wait two months. They do not stay on the shelf.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 22729
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Jocose » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 am
Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:45 pm
7formy1911 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm
Is it too late to get in on this?
Nope. Load a up a box of tobacco and ship it to yourself.
I should be able to get it to the post office tomorrow.
How much is shipping?

I shipped it C O D. so I'll let you know when I get it.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9256
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:19 pm

Jocose wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 am
Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:45 pm
7formy1911 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm
Is it too late to get in on this?
Nope. Load a up a box of tobacco and ship it to yourself.
I should be able to get it to the post office tomorrow.
How much is shipping?

I shipped it C O D. so I'll let you know when I get it.
:facepalm:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 29000
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:19 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 am
Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:45 pm
7formy1911 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm
Is it too late to get in on this?
Nope. Load a up a box of tobacco and ship it to yourself.
I should be able to get it to the post office tomorrow.
How much is shipping?

I shipped it C O D. so I'll let you know when I get it.
:facepalm:
I thought it was perfect :lol:
DL Jake

Eggplant tobacco sounds like the vomit jellybean. - tuttle

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 23860
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by JimVH » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:55 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:19 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 am
Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:45 pm
7formy1911 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm
Is it too late to get in on this?
Nope. Load a up a box of tobacco and ship it to yourself.
I should be able to get it to the post office tomorrow.
How much is shipping?

I shipped it C O D. so I'll let you know when I get it.
:facepalm:
I thought it was perfect :lol:
On the up side, no one will offload their messy stuff in the box. You know, like pie.

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1157
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Adam Z » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am

The box is on it's way to rgcurrey. I dropped it off last night on the way home from work. I expect it should arrive Saturday 7/13.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am
The box is on it's way to rgcurrey. I dropped it off last night on the way home from work. I expect it should arrive Saturday 7/13.
Cool beans as I will be home by then.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 22729
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Jocose » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:22 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:01 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:55 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:19 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 am
Jocose wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:45 pm
7formy1911 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:35 pm
Jocose wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm
Is it too late to get in on this?
Nope. Load a up a box of tobacco and ship it to yourself.
I should be able to get it to the post office tomorrow.
How much is shipping?

I shipped it C O D. so I'll let you know when I get it.
:facepalm:
I thought it was perfect :lol:
On the up side, no one will offload their messy stuff in the box. You know, like pie.
Box arrived today! I'll post pics when I can.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:16 pm

I have the box in my possession, will figure it out and get in the mail monday most likely.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:21 pm

Even though I knew what tobaccos were in the box it is hard to decide. Also, if that pipe were anywhere near my style I would jump on it. I have a fair idea who made it and it is just such a well executed thing.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:36 am

Will get it in the mail this afternoon. I liberated the Best Brown #2 and the tobacco pouch and added a tin of SG Best Brown Flake and bags for sampling of some aged HH Acadian Perique and 4th Gen Family Reserve.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9256
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:36 am
Will get it in the mail this afternoon. I liberated the Best Brown #2 and the tobacco pouch and added a tin of SG Best Brown Flake and bags for sampling of some aged HH Acadian Perique and 4th Gen Family Reserve.
This thread is lacking in pictures...Just sayin'
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:47 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:36 am
Will get it in the mail this afternoon. I liberated the Best Brown #2 and the tobacco pouch and added a tin of SG Best Brown Flake and bags for sampling of some aged HH Acadian Perique and 4th Gen Family Reserve.
This thread is lacking in pictures...Just sayin'
Adds:
Image

Took this . . . Image
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 am

Oh, and I threw in some black licorice from Holland if anyone cares to sample it.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 29000
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 am
Oh, and I threw in some black licorice from Holland if anyone cares to sample it.
8O

I bet that's good.
DL Jake

Eggplant tobacco sounds like the vomit jellybean. - tuttle

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:05 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 am
rgcurrey wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 am
Oh, and I threw in some black licorice from Holland if anyone cares to sample it.
8O

I bet that's good.
It is extra salt so it may not be everyone's cup o' tea.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:58 pm

It is off to the next destination. Hopefully next time I won't be just returning from a week trip and will have time to get some cookies baked and included.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Jester
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1999
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Jester » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 am

Jester wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:03 pm

1. hugodrax
2. DepartedLight
3. Adam Z
4. rgcurrey
5. Fainn
6. JimVH
7. ryland
8. 7formy1911
9. Jester
Fainn try and get us pictures of box content :pipe:
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4851
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Fainn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 am
Jester wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:03 pm

1. hugodrax
2. DepartedLight
3. Adam Z
4. rgcurrey
5. Fainn
6. JimVH
7. ryland
8. 7formy1911
9. Jester
Fainn try and get us pictures of box content :pipe:
I did take a pic. Might be tomorrow or Friday if you want a detailed list.
Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
Jester
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1999
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Box Pass 2019

Post by Jester » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:58 am

Fainn wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:32 pm
Jester wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 am
Jester wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:03 pm

1. hugodrax
2. DepartedLight
3. Adam Z
4. rgcurrey
5. Fainn
6. JimVH
7. ryland
8. 7formy1911
9. Jester
Fainn try and get us pictures of box content :pipe:
I did take a pic. Might be tomorrow or Friday if you want a detailed list.
Detailed as you want to be. Mainly the open and closed tins that are still available.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

Post Reply