GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Re: Who Smokes A Pipe?

Post by GaryInVA » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:52 pm

I need to change my vote on this.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

mcommini
Usher
Usher

Post by mcommini » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:44 pm

I smoke between 4 and 6 bowls a day at the moment.
arank87 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:05 am
I thought it would be interesting to get an up-to-date picture of who smokes a pipe and how much. I keep seeing people refer to a non-smoking group amongst us (which I am not judging for the record!) . Just curious.
I'm reminded of when I was first converting to Orthodoxy and I mentioned to my priest that I smoke a pipe. He replied "Oh- I'm a pipe smoker. Haven't smoked it in a decade since they banned smoking on the campus I taught at, but I'm a pipe smoker. I can't stand non-smokers."
"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are." --TH White

Docrameous
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Docrameous » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:25 pm

I selected once a week in the poll, but it dramatically varies. During holidays and time off, I smoke 1 - 3 bowls a day.

Yet if I am busy, traveling or the weather is lousy, I will go weeks without smoking. This spring I went two months without smoking for all the above reasons.

Brigid
uh...not a fellow?
uh...not a fellow?

Post by Brigid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:16 am

Thunktank wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:26 pm
Annually. I’ll open a tin around the holidays and smoke it over the course of a few days/weeks. Rusty would tell me I was doing it wrong. That I’m not a pipe smoker anymore. I would disagree with him. Then he would tell me I should take up cigars if this frequency is my norm. I would reply that he makes sense on that point, but I just don’t buy cigars. Occasionally I’ll accept one though. He never sent me one.
I smoke like you smoke. And I miss Rusty.
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4