Never
4%

Total votes: 45

Red129er
Congregation
Congregation

Re: Who Smokes A Pipe?

Post by Red129er » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:43 pm

Two bowls a week average. I'd like to smoke more but I prefer to smoke with friends if at all possible. For me, this is a social hobby. I like drinking with friends too. I tend to cut down in the winter tho since I don't have a three season porch.

gaining_age
Ph.D. of LaTeX
Ph.D. of LaTeX

Post by gaining_age » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:45 pm
arank87 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:25 pm
115 views and less than 20 votes? Dudes, come on! I mean you don't have to vote. But if you don't, you can't complain about who the Presi...I mean you can't complain when I post a lengthy review of Condor Long Cut. :taco:
I didn’t vote because there wasn’t a good option. That’s a typical problem I have with voting. :lol:

I suspect you would think I should vote “I quit” because I haven’t smoked a pipe in a year or two. But I still own my pipes and a tobacco cellar with no intention of getting rid of it because I hope to incorporate it back into my routine eventually. I did smoke a cigar two months ago.
This is perhaps the closest voting option applicable-- exception being time ranges and cigars varying.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Yohanan
יוֹחָנָן
יוֹחָנָן

Post by Yohanan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:50 pm

I usually smoke 2 bowls a day, maybe 3 to 4 on the weekends.
Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks!!Image

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 pm

GaryInVA wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:30 pm
Had to quit 18 months ago because of my new job requirements. Will start up again if the policy changes or I retire, which ever comes first.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the policy changes.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:22 pm

arank87 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 pm
GaryInVA wrote:
Had to quit 18 months ago because of my new job requirements. Will start up again if the policy changes or I retire, which ever comes first.
It’s okay, he still smokes a lot of beef.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy

michigander
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by michigander » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:26 pm

2/day sonce I retired.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 pm

On again off again
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

GaryInVA
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies
Minister to Vegetarian Hippies

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:37 pm

JimVH wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:22 pm
arank87 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 pm
GaryInVA wrote:
It’s okay, he still smokes a lot of beef.
Yeah I do. Having some brisket tomorrow for lunch.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

But it is easier for a Lifted Ford to pass under the beam of a parking garage than it is for a Dodge Ram driver to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Y'all crazy

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:57 pm

Depends. Sometimes several bowls a day, other times I'll skip a week or even a month without firing one up. No rhyme nor reason and that doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I do enjoy a bowl sitting out on the porch on a rainy day/evening, and whilst out walking the pooch or 'round a campfire. Those times it just seems right. :pipe2:
DEUS VULT!

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Didn't smoke much at all this summer. Maybe once or twice per month. But, now that it's cooling off, it's ramping back up to at least once per day. With a day missing here and there. I voted weekly because that's probably about my average. It used to be twice a day when I smoked on my commute to and from work. Since I got a new car, I decided not to smoke in it so I've cut way down.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:21 pm

SlowToke wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:44 pm
Didn't smoke much at all this summer. Maybe once or twice per month. But, now that it's cooling off, it's ramping back up to at least once per day. With a day missing here and there. I voted weekly because that's probably about my average. It used to be twice a day when I smoked on my commute to and from work. Since I got a new car, I decided not to smoke in it so I've cut way down.
Honestly this is one reason i think I’ll keep buying old cars. I love my morning and evening smokes in the car.
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:59 am

Never tried it.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Post by Jester » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:35 am

Jocose wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:59 am
Never tried it.
:rotfl:
FIGHT LAUGH FEAST

rgcurrey
Minister to KIA Enthusiasts

Post by rgcurrey » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:56 am

arank87 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:21 pm
SlowToke wrote:
Honestly this is one reason i think I’ll keep buying old cars. I love my morning and evening smokes in the car.
Not the reason I buy old cars (only ones I can afford), but, I do love my pipe while driving especially so on the morning commute. So I get two bowls in the car, sometimes sneak one in on my walks to and from court, and, usually a bowl or two at home in the evening. Now that the weather is finally becoming pleasant here I will start taking a lunch break down in the park next to the office to enjoy my pipe too.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected." William Makepeace Thackeray

arank87
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by arank87 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:05 am

rgcurrey wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:56 am
arank87 wrote:
SlowToke wrote:
Not the reason I buy old cars (only ones I can afford), but, I do love my pipe while driving especially so on the morning commute. So I get two bowls in the car, sometimes sneak one in on my walks to and from court, and, usually a bowl or two at home in the evening. Now that the weather is finally becoming pleasant here I will start taking a lunch break down in the park next to the office to enjoy my pipe too.
For the record the money part is the real reason I don’t have nice car. That and debt aversion! Does it bother you to smell like smoke at work?

rgcurrey

Post by rgcurrey » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:10 am

arank87 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:05 am
rgcurrey wrote:
arank87 wrote:
SlowToke wrote:
For the record the money part is the real reason I don’t have nice car. That and debt aversion! Does it bother you to smell like smoke at work?
I usually have an english blend in the morning so I like the lingering scent in my beard and quite frankly I don't care if anybody else does. Now on the ride home I have been known to have a virginian or a vaper and when I walk in my wife will remind me that I stink (and to be honest she is right).
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected." William Makepeace Thackeray

SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend

Post by SlowToke » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:16 am

rgcurrey wrote:
arank87 wrote:
SlowToke wrote:
Once my kids are out on their own, I intend to buy an antique pick-up to put around in. I'll smoke my pipe in that for sure. I have to entertain clients in my work car, otherwise i'd still smoke in it. I sure do miss my commute pipe smoking.
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

hugodrax
McMuffins & 'Murica!
McMuffins & 'Murica!

Post by hugodrax » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:40 am

If my time in the shop has taught me anything, weirdos, eccentrics, and goofballs.

My kind o' folks.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:04 am

I smoke here and there. More lately than I used to but rarely more than a bowl a day if that. Depending on the bowl size I'll pick the remainder up the next day

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Stanley76
CPS Man-at-Arms
CPS Man-at-Arms

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:32 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:40 am
If my time in the shop has taught me anything, weirdos, eccentrics, and goofballs.

My kind o' folks.
Which explains why you hang out here.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"