CPS Box Pass #3 !

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
ArtGuy
Officiant of Ordure
Officiant of Ordure

CPS Box Pass #3 !

Post by ArtGuy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:46 am

Ok I am going to start the preliminary stages of organizing the next round for the tobacco box. I need all who are interested in being in it to email me with thier email address and mailing address. Don't be shy, this is a good opportunity for any newbies to get a lot of different blends all for the price of shipping it to the next person.

John Boy is going to be first on the list to get it.

For those who don't already know, the rules are pretty simple:

A box arrives at your door loaded with various types of tobacco. You can sample as you like and take out what you wish and put in some more tobacco for the next guys to sample.

It is sorta like a tobacco chain letter.

You should keep the box about 4 days or so give or take. It is customary to leave any sealed tins sealed. They are for trading out for other sealed tins. There are some pipes in there as well. I suppose you would want to trade a pipe for a pipe, however, I personaly would not have a problem with someone taking out a basket pipe and replacing it with a sealed tin of tobacco. Otherwise just use your best judgement and be courteous to others.

No Glass containers and make sure everything is sealed up good in baggies and what not. I will have in the box a list of addresses for who is next on the pass. When you are done with the box you then mail it onto the next person in line. It is customary to ship the box Priority Mail.

I have taken the books out of the box to save on weight. I think what I may do is start a separate book pass. I think we would be able to ship it media mail then to save on shipping.

I think that about covers it. If you like you can post your takes and puts on this thread. Please post here when you recieve the box and mail it onto the next person.

Ok, who wants in? Out of 113 members, I would think we could get about 15 people in on this. That would be a good limit. The box will then go back to John Boy since he started this whole thing.

Heck maybe we can just keep her going constantly eh?
Last edited by ArtGuy on Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:48 am

Me.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Munkey
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Post by Munkey » Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:07 am

I just sent you a mail, count me in :pipe:

-Scott

pdtheo
Congregation
Congregation

Post by pdtheo » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:10 pm

Count me in, too, but I'd be willing to give up my spot for someone who'd never had the box before.

Sirbax
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Sirbax » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:51 pm

I'm in, but since forum member slick and I are within driving distance of each other please make sure that we are back to back on the list. That way we can save some shipping costs.
<div>Hear my weekly PODCAST on the history of the world around us at <a href="http://www.audioalmanac.com/">www.AudioAlmanac.com</a>. <br><br>Please spread the word on this PODCAST!!!</div><br>

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:52 pm

I'm in, I'll send you an e-mail.

ArtGuy
Officiant of Ordure
Officiant of Ordure

Post by ArtGuy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:16 pm

pdtheo wrote:Count me in, too, but I'd be willing to give up my spot for someone who'd never had the box before.
I am willing to let whoever wants in, in. As long as it is ok with John Boy I am willing to be pretty liberal with the person limit.
John

ArtGuy
Officiant of Ordure
Officiant of Ordure

Post by ArtGuy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:18 pm

Sirbax wrote:I'm in, but since forum member slick and I are within driving distance of each other please make sure that we are back to back on the list. That way we can save some shipping costs.

No problem, I was already planning to organize the route geographically for that very reason.
John

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:20 pm

In the first two passes there weren't enough people interested to have to put a limit. Looks like we're up to about 7 so far. Scottman had expressed interest earlier - so he may jump in too.

Limitiation is probably just going to be on how long you want to wait before sending it out.
Praying - coco

Sirbax
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Sirbax » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:06 pm

And since the box is pretty full, we could send out two boxes in two diffrent directions, that would be kinda cool.
<div>Hear my weekly PODCAST on the history of the world around us at <a href="http://www.audioalmanac.com/">www.AudioAlmanac.com</a>. <br><br>Please spread the word on this PODCAST!!!</div><br>

Munkey
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Post by Munkey » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:09 pm

What if you're interested in something in the other box? :)

Also, maybe we should encourage people not to be shy about taking some of the bulk tobaccos, especially if newer to piping and still trying tobaccos. It seems there is a great generosity in puts and people are somewhat shy about taking.

-Scott

Searcher-4-Truth
Usher
Usher

Post by Searcher-4-Truth » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:13 pm

I want in. I thought I just signed up yesterday via the 5 pg post on the box pass??
Veni vidi velcroe

I came, I saw, I stuck around

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:18 pm

Searcher-4-Truth wrote:I want in. I thought I just signed up yesterday via the 5 pg post on the box pass??
I forwarded your email to ArtGuy - did you get it, ArtGuy?
Praying - coco

Sirbax
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Sirbax » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:54 pm

my idea would have everyone get an oppertounity at both boxes. One box would start at the end of the list and one at the front.

DaveAF
Congregation
Congregation

Post by DaveAF » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:54 pm

I'd like to join in too. This will be the first time I've done one of theseso I'll try not to mess it up. E-mail sent. Thanks for organizing it.

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:36 pm

I can't wait! :D

ArtGuy
Officiant of Ordure
Officiant of Ordure

Post by ArtGuy » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:55 am

Ok guys

I have gotton emails from the following people with thier addresses.

John Boy
Scott A.
Searcher 4 Truth
Ryland
Dave F.
Slick & Sirbax

If you want to be added to the list please email me at jcrosby@crosbypipes.com with your mailing address and name or send me a private message.

Take Care

John
John

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:10 pm

box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... box pass... :D
Praying - coco

ArtGuy
Officiant of Ordure
Officiant of Ordure

LAST CALL!!!!

Post by ArtGuy » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:46 pm

LAST CALL !!!!!!

John Boy
Scott A.
Searcher 4 Truth
Ryland
Dave F.
Slick & Sirbax

If you are not on the above list then I have not gotten your address and you are not on the pass. If you would like to be added please Private Message me or email me ( jcrosby@crosbypipes.com ) with the follwing:

Screen Name
Real Name
Street Address

John Boy is gonna send a bunch of bikers to my house to whoop me if I do not get this out to him soon. I am an academic advisor by trade and certainly no match for bunch of Hell's Angels. So I will give everyone until tomorrow night ( Wed March 24th 2004 ) to get me thier information. After that, the bus will have left the station. YOU DON'T WANT ME TO GET HURT DO YOU!!

Do not let the idea that you do not have a boat load of tobacco to add disuade you. Part of what these things are for is to give us newbies a chance to get a hold of tobaccos we may not be able to otherwise.

Time is running out![/b]
John

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:17 am

I'd kinda like to join, but I'm not sure I have enough stash to replace what I take - I don't want to cheat you folks!
If God is your co-pilot, you're sitting in the wrong seat.