2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 1/11: Let coco know if you haven't paid!)

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Post Reply

Will you be participating in this year's POY?

Yes
11
61%
No
7
39%
 
Total votes: 18

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26590
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by JimVH » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 am

I’m good with PayPal. And Venmo. And Zelle. And almost any other internet payment system I’ve been pressured into joining.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by Fainn » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:40 pm

Is it too early to put out Christmas decorations?
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8880
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Fainn wrote:Is it too early to put out Christmas decorations?
How much is shipping?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 2159
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: central North Carolina
Contact:

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by Adam Z » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:53 am

Fainn wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:40 pm
Is it too early to put out Christmas decorations?
Don't have to put them out if you never took them down from last year

Image
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

User avatar
vwdeano
A little old lady
A little old lady
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:08 am
Location: Prospect, KY

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by vwdeano » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:08 pm

I'm good with whatever method is required...

I can send bags of pennies, if such is acceptable...
Dean
"A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself"

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8880
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:02 pm
Brothers!

Enjoy greatly this CPS POY!

Please don't gift me one. I love you all so much.

But. Please. Not this one.

Still love you.

But. Well. You know.
I think I'll do it just to be a dick.
You're not welcome.
I have cobs that are ready to ship.
Well that escalated quickly.
Cease fire?
Agreed.
He already has a Santa Cob, he’s good lol too soon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses
Posts: 4490
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:08 am
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Was worried I missed this!
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:00 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:02 pm
Brothers!

Enjoy greatly this CPS POY!

Please don't gift me one. I love you all so much.

But. Please. Not this one.

Still love you.

But. Well. You know.
I think I'll do it just to be a dick.
You're not welcome.
I have cobs that are ready to ship.
Well that escalated quickly.
Cease fire?
Agreed.
He already has a Santa Cob, he’s good lol too soon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait. What?

coco has (or had) a cob with a forever stem. I know this to be FACT!

Are you now suggesting that FredS is also known as FACT to have a cob?

Please be clear, sir.

October suprise indeed.
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia
Posts: 31566
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:04 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:06 pm
Was worried I missed this!
Your check in post made me look further.

So glad I did.

Next thing ya know Jocose is in all truth the single largest stakeholder in Missouri Meerschaum.

The BRATASS Party is in a nose dive. Look at these proofs!
DL Jake

It's the closest I have ever come to being in a Soviet bread line. - MrsCoco

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8880
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 am

DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:02 pm
Brothers!

Enjoy greatly this CPS POY!

Please don't gift me one. I love you all so much.

But. Please. Not this one.

Still love you.

But. Well. You know.
I think I'll do it just to be a dick.
You're not welcome.
I have cobs that are ready to ship.
Well that escalated quickly.
Cease fire?
Agreed.
He already has a Santa Cob, he’s good lol too soon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait. What?

coco has (or had) a cob with a forever stem. I know this to be FACT!

Are you now suggesting that FredS is also known as FACT to have a cob?

Please be clear, sir.

October suprise indeed.
Well I sent him one a while back for secret Santa and then I got bent out of shape because he didn’t like it and I somehow missed that he hates cobs. Whether or not he still has it or regifted it to a new home, I don’t know, but he DID have one. Lol I was reminded of an important lesson in gift giving that day, you give a gift, you release it, and it doesn’t matter how the person receives it. It was a good reminder, and if it becomes a future gag gift, all the more fun! I had fun painting it though, it turned out pretty cool actually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 5083
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by Joshoowah » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:45 am

I just want to remind everyone to keep patient. There is still an ongoing pandemic and this has limited production and stifled distribution coming from the UK. Our contact has half of our order but is still waiting on the other half. He told me it is his hope that by the end of this month (basically today) he will have something more significant to report. We'll get it done, but these are weird times we are in.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Posts: 26590
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by JimVH » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:52 am

Joshoowah wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:45 am
I just want to remind everyone to keep patient. There is still an ongoing pandemic and this has limited production and stifled distribution coming from the UK. Our contact has half of our order but is still waiting on the other half. He told me it is his hope that by the end of this month (basically today) he will have something more significant to report. We'll get it done, but these are weird times we are in.
Thank you, Josh.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

User avatar
vwdeano
A little old lady
A little old lady
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:08 am
Location: Prospect, KY

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by vwdeano » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:16 am

no worries. I'm not fretting over it.
Dean
"A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself"

User avatar
SlowToke
John Crosby's Friend
John Crosby's Friend
Posts: 9129
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Cloverdale, IN
Contact:

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by SlowToke » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:06 am

No worries on my part. Thanks for heading this up Joshoowah and coco. I received my Falcon stem this past week. :bacon:
Wayne Teipen
http://teipenpipes.com
"Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2

"Life is tough, and it's tougher when you're stupid." -- John Wayne

User avatar
FredS
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Patron Saint of Pipe Smoking
Posts: 24577
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by FredS » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:42 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 am
DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:02 pm
Brothers!

Enjoy greatly this CPS POY!

Please don't gift me one. I love you all so much.

But. Please. Not this one.

Still love you.

But. Well. You know.
I think I'll do it just to be a dick.
You're not welcome.
I have cobs that are ready to ship.
Well that escalated quickly.
Cease fire?
Agreed.
He already has a Santa Cob, he’s good lol too soon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait. What?

coco has (or had) a cob with a forever stem. I know this to be FACT!

Are you now suggesting that FredS is also known as FACT to have a cob?

Please be clear, sir.

October suprise indeed.
Well I sent him one a while back for secret Santa and then I got bent out of shape because he didn’t like it and I somehow missed that he hates cobs. Whether or not he still has it or regifted it to a new home, I don’t know, but he DID have one. Lol I was reminded of an important lesson in gift giving that day, you give a gift, you release it, and it doesn’t matter how the person receives it. It was a good reminder, and if it becomes a future gag gift, all the more fun! I had fun painting it though, it turned out pretty cool actually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course I still have it. It sets proudly on my fly tying desk with some other mementos from friends. Johnny Mac is a wonderful cob artist and I also learned a lesson in that exchange. I offended him by writing some smart ass comment about the gift he made by hand and he thought about leaving because of it. I'm glad he didn't.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by Fainn » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:45 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:42 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 am
DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:02 pm
Brothers!

Enjoy greatly this CPS POY!

Please don't gift me one. I love you all so much.

But. Please. Not this one.

Still love you.

But. Well. You know.
I think I'll do it just to be a dick.
You're not welcome.
I have cobs that are ready to ship.
Well that escalated quickly.
Cease fire?
Agreed.
He already has a Santa Cob, he’s good lol too soon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait. What?

coco has (or had) a cob with a forever stem. I know this to be FACT!

Are you now suggesting that FredS is also known as FACT to have a cob?

Please be clear, sir.

October suprise indeed.
Well I sent him one a while back for secret Santa and then I got bent out of shape because he didn’t like it and I somehow missed that he hates cobs. Whether or not he still has it or regifted it to a new home, I don’t know, but he DID have one. Lol I was reminded of an important lesson in gift giving that day, you give a gift, you release it, and it doesn’t matter how the person receives it. It was a good reminder, and if it becomes a future gag gift, all the more fun! I had fun painting it though, it turned out pretty cool actually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course I still have it. It sets proudly on my fly tying desk with some other mementos from friends. Johnny Mac is a wonderful cob artist and I also learned a lesson in that exchange. I offended him by writing some smart ass comment about the gift he made by hand and he thought about leaving because of it. I'm glad he didn't.
I want a pic of the Santa cob.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8880
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:48 pm

Fainn wrote:
FredS wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:42 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 am
DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:43 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:18 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm
I think I'll do it just to be a dick.
You're not welcome.
I have cobs that are ready to ship.
Well that escalated quickly.
Cease fire?
Agreed.
He already has a Santa Cob, he’s good lol too soon?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait. What?

coco has (or had) a cob with a forever stem. I know this to be FACT!

Are you now suggesting that FredS is also known as FACT to have a cob?

Please be clear, sir.

October suprise indeed.
Well I sent him one a while back for secret Santa and then I got bent out of shape because he didn’t like it and I somehow missed that he hates cobs. Whether or not he still has it or regifted it to a new home, I don’t know, but he DID have one. Lol I was reminded of an important lesson in gift giving that day, you give a gift, you release it, and it doesn’t matter how the person receives it. It was a good reminder, and if it becomes a future gag gift, all the more fun! I had fun painting it though, it turned out pretty cool actually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course I still have it. It sets proudly on my fly tying desk with some other mementos from friends. Johnny Mac is a wonderful cob artist and I also learned a lesson in that exchange. I offended him by writing some smart ass comment about the gift he made by hand and he thought about leaving because of it. I'm glad he didn't.
I want a pic of the Santa cob.
I might have one somewhere...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8880
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:02 pm

Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
hugodrax
Happy with JimVH
Happy with JimVH
Posts: 23856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:16 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:02 pm
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would smoke one of those.
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 7344
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: 2020 POY PARTICIPATION (UPDATE 9/8)

Post by Fainn » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:29 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:16 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:02 pm
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would smoke one of those.
I would too.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

Post Reply