I have to take a break.:(

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
Searcher-4-Truth
Usher
Usher

I have to take a break.:(

Post by Searcher-4-Truth » Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:51 pm

I smoked 4 bowls at work Sunday night/Monday morning. I did this from 11 pm to 6 am. I smoked slowly, but had trouble keeping the 1st 3 bowls lit, & had to constantly relite them. It was Petersons Sunset Breeze. Maybe it was a little to moist or maybe I packed it wrong. The fourth bowl was Mac Barens Black Ambrosia. I never noticed my tongue hurting, as I was drinking lots of water while I smoked. But when I got up from my daily sleep, it was hurting pretty bad. I took last night off from my pipes, & plan on taking tonight off as well, even though my tongue now feels almost normal, & the pain is non exsistant. It still feels a little numb on top.

Any suggrstions as to how, or what I did wrong to fry my tongue?
Last edited by Searcher-4-Truth on Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Veni vidi velcroe

I came, I saw, I stuck around

tonymccallie
Elder
Elder

Post by tonymccallie » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:32 pm

It's probably different for different people. Personally, if I smoke one bowl two days in a row, my tongue hurts. I don't really have any desire to smoke more than that anyway.

Sorry aobut your tongue burn, I've been there a couple of times and it's no fun. Hope you get better soon.

Blessings, Tony
Tony McCallie :pipe:

SandPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SandPiper » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:35 pm

Sorry to hear about your tongue burn. To quote one of my least favorite politicians, "I feel your pain." I don't know about the Black Ambrosia, but I know Peterson's Sunset Breeze absolutely fried my tongue. I smoked it in a briar, I smoked it in a meer, in a hat, and with a cat...I couldn't make it work. I even tried drying it out for a couple of days, to no avail. My experience was similar to yours...the smoke itself was pleasant enough, but next morning I was in pain. After giving it a fair shake, I took what was left of the tin and mixed it with another similar tobacco blended by a shop back home that smokes cooler for me. I don't know that you did anything wrong. To me, the tobacco was just a little too moist. Moist tobacco makes for burnt tongues in many cases...when it's too moist, it is harder to keep lit, which means that we tend to overpuff. As a result of overpuffing, condensation gathers in the bottom of the bowl. As smoke passes through this moisture, it creates and carries steam, which "brings the heat" to your tongue, resulting in tongue bite.
-Kip, aka SandPiper

...on Mission in the Dominican Republic: 4Fishers
The cigar show I co-host: Half Ashed

"If you can't fix it with cottage cheese - it ain't worth fixing." - John Boy