Any Canucks on the site?

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Any Canucks on the site?

Post by thegreatswalmi » Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:31 am

any Canucks on the site...where do you order your tobacco from online, and how much does it usually cost all in??? with no tobacconist around, i'm looking for options. thanks!!!
mike

***** Moderator ******
This thread was split from the "McClelland's Christmas Cheer 2003" thread

El-Brento
Congregation
Congregation

Post by El-Brento » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:10 am

I generally order my tins from either Knoxville Cigar Co. (http://www.pipesforless.com) or Pipes and Pleasures (www.pipesandpleasures.com) I also have ordered from Bufflehead (http://www.bufflehead.com/) I like several of their own blends as well as bulk McClellands. They will tin it into 8oz tins for $.80 each which really helps it come over the border without being stopped!
Generally I pay 40-50 bucks Canadian for an order which will consist of 4-5 tins. Not bad seeing as 50g tins of McClellands cost 30 bucks here.

Brent

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:23 am

wow...sounds great Brent. thanks for the advice. it drives me nuts - the tax on tobacco here. they say it's to stop people from being addicted...but why tax pipe tobacco so much? GRRRRR! oh well. like i said, thanks!

El-Brento
Congregation
Congregation

Post by El-Brento » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:01 pm

Glad I could help. Let us know if you decide to place an order!

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:13 pm

thegreatswalmi wrote:wow...sounds great Brent. thanks for the advice. it drives me nuts - the tax on tobacco here. they say it's to stop people from being addicted...but why tax pipe tobacco so much?
Because the government knows what's good for you, whether you do or not.

ArtGuy
Officiant of Ordure
Officiant of Ordure

Post by ArtGuy » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:20 am

El-Brento wrote:I generally order my tins from either Knoxville Cigar Co. (http://www.pipesforless.com) or Pipes and Pleasures (www.pipesandpleasures.com) I also have ordered from Bufflehead (http://www.bufflehead.com/) I like several of their own blends as well as bulk McClellands. They will tin it into 8oz tins for $.80 each which really helps it come over the border without being stopped!
Generally I pay 40-50 bucks Canadian for an order which will consist of 4-5 tins. Not bad seeing as 50g tins of McClellands cost 30 bucks here.

Brent
30.00 for a 50gr tin of McClelland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys need to have a tea party 8O

El-Brento
Congregation
Congregation

Post by El-Brento » Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:10 pm

You're telling me! My local tobacconist had a petition that was sent to the MP in Edmonton. I wasn't too surprised when nothing happened LOL! Pipe/cigar smokers are such a small percentage of the population, and nobody else seems to understand that pipe/cigar smoking isn't the same as cigarettes. :(

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:29 am

What do you guys think? Is there anything we can do. I mean, people in the states can buy a whole pound of mcclelland's for what 50g costs here. I know petitions are not always the most effective way to do things, but there has to be some way to fight. it's tough, though, with all the anti-smoking groups out there lobbying the govt for better standards, higher taxes and the like. anyone think they may be in league with the nicorette people? :D

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:01 am

Well, i did order from bufflehead, and got a great pound of 5100 sans tax, which was fantastic, and all tinned for me. any canadians with a lot of money (unlike me) may be interested in this pipe. what a beauty!
http://parkspipes.com/Pipe_Specifics_Pa ... erties.htm

sguthrie
Pastor
Pastor

Post by sguthrie » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:54 am

Wow - nice pipe, but it IS expensive. What does $350 candian come to in real....I mean American :D....dollars these days? I'm not sure I've sepent much more than $350 total on ALL my paltry collection of pipes!
If God is your co-pilot, you're sitting in the wrong seat.

thegreatswalmi
Sandblasted Canadian
Sandblasted Canadian

Post by thegreatswalmi » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:02 am

350 canadian would be about 475 roughly. it is a really nice pipe though. of course, if i could afford it, i wouldn't have posted it till i had bought it! :)