Small groups

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Small groups

Post by Irish-Dane » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Early in the summer, the missus and I were approached by our pastor and team of elders if we'd be interested in going through some training to be small group leaders. Today we received our list of groups and our other team leader partners. We are beyond blessed with how God is using us, with our partner couple, and our church. Just wanted to share a quick praise report. First meeting is Wednesday night.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Re: Small groups

Post by Jocose » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:05 pm

:pho:
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:25 am

Nice.

Mrs FredS and I started leading a small group a few weeks ago. When we made the decision to do so, we had a few couples in mind that we wanted to join us, but we opened it up to everyone in the church. Well, His plan was not the same as our plan and none of our intended participants followed through and we've ended up with a wildly diverse group of five couples. It seems to be working.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:29 am

Sneaky. That is guerrilla marketing right there to have your new church small group to meet at your new B&M. Way to go!

:chili:
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Post by Steverino » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:04 am

This is good, I know you will do well. We participate in a small group and it is a great time of sharing and fellowship.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Feel free to use this phrase, "That's an interesting view, Miss Betty. Let's take a look and see what this passage says..."
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

Haroldt
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Haroldt » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Good for you. The best small group I ws involved with was my neighbor. He did a great job. My work schedule does not allow me any time now.
Mr T

MrPiper
Needs to lighten up with the Xs
Needs to lighten up with the Xs

Post by MrPiper » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Praises for you
Last edited by MrPiper on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:Early in the summer, the missus and I were approached by our pastor and team of elders if we'd be interested in going through some training to be small group leaders. Today we received our list of groups and our other team leader partners. We are beyond blessed with how God is using us, with our partner couple, and our church. Just wanted to share a quick praise report. First meeting is Wednesday night.
How is it going? I am relaunching small groups at my church this January.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:29 am

:bacon:
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:10 pm

ReverendThom wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote:Early in the summer, the missus and I were approached by our pastor and team of elders if we'd be interested in going through some training to be small group leaders. Today we received our list of groups and our other team leader partners. We are beyond blessed with how God is using us, with our partner couple, and our church. Just wanted to share a quick praise report. First meeting is Wednesday night.
Going great. All of the leaders (well, all of them minus our wives) had a meeting Friday evening with our lead pastor and the admin pastor to, well, check in. Everyone had great things to say and it was refreshing to hear other groups going through the same stuff, and growing the same bonds our group is. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks all for the prayers.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

CW Spook
yarn hank-winder
yarn hank-winder

Post by CW Spook » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:29 pm

Glad to hear that it's going well for you. Our new young pastor launched small groups in our church about 6-8 months ago. As an old, anti-social introvert, I was extremely skeptical and really didn't want to get involved, but as an elder, felt forced to do so. It's turned out quite well, and I actually look forward to our bi-weekly meetings, much to my surprise.
"The king hath knowledge of all they intend, by interception they dream not of..." - King Henry V: Act 2
--In God we trust. All others we monitor.--

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:
Going great. All of the leaders (well, all of them minus our wives) had a meeting Friday evening with our lead pastor and the admin pastor to, well, check in. Everyone had great things to say and it was refreshing to hear other groups going through the same stuff, and growing the same bonds our group is. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks all for the prayers.
Right on. Glad to hear! Same for you Spook - I am the new young pastor, and i have the same elders as you lol. I'll show them your post!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty