Pray first!

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
dennisthemenace
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Pray first!

Post by dennisthemenace » Sat May 14, 2016 6:39 am

Went to all for One's Young Playwright Festival last night w/ Lauren and our granddaughter Lucy. Was much impressed by the work of our young people. But afterwards we talked w/ an old friend in the kitchen and within 2 minutes our Lucy had disappeared! We covered the church and grounds (with help); Lauren drove home in case she went out the doors of the church, got locked out, and panicked. It wasn't till Lauren called me from the car and asked if I had called 911 that I even thought of calling on the Lord. I'm ashamed of that, so this is a public confession. I was on the phone w/ 911 when two of our staff, D Sharon Henderson and Megan Marie Arnold, called out that they found her. They were in the midst of a prayer for her, when she coughed! She had tripped a young actor in the plays and was embarrassed, so she was hiding under a table. She and her mama were both in tears when they reunited. Marie and her sister Grace showed up at that time; they had been searching the neighborhood, Everyone was profoundly grateful! I sincerely hope more than Lucy learned a valuable lesson from all this.Pray first friends, pray first!
Your Humble and Obedient Servant,

Dennis

With pipe and book at close of day, Oh, what is sweeter? mortal say. - Richard Le Gallienne

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Pray first!

Post by hugodrax » Sat May 14, 2016 7:36 am

So glad Lucy is safe. But you didn't fail. Moments like that you are praying with your whole soul, wordlessly.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.