Irony or the Lord?

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: Irony or the Lord?

Post by UncleBob » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Thunktank wrote:Is this week the Piss Thunk Off Week? You fellas are doing a splendid job of it without even singling me out. :x

:chili:

I decided to put a dancing chili in here just to let you know I take none of you too seriously.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:59 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Thunktank wrote:Is this week the Piss Thunk Off Week? You fellas are doing a splendid job of it without even singling me out. :x

I decided to put a dancing chili in here just to let you know I take none of you too seriously.

Nothing like reading how Christians love to make light of other people's spirituality while seeming to be oblivious of their own silliness. Yet somehow, despite their cultural dominion and how they can have the Gideons pass out Bibles at public school while denying pagans the ability to pass out books, they moan about how persecuted they feel.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:03 pm

Thunktank wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

Nothing like reading how Christians love to make light of other people's spirituality while seeming to be oblivious of their own silliness. Yet somehow, despite their cultural dominion and how they can have the Gideons pass out Bibles at public school while denying pagans the ability to pass out books, they moan about how persecuted they feel.
Oh man, you were reading that thread? Why?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Thunktank wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

I hear you. You should hear Christians moan about baking cakes!

"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity

Post by Onyx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:21 pm

Fainn wrote:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
The cooties are metaphorical. The hooshibooshi is not.

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:27 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

I'm hoping to pay my debt in hell via installments.

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 pm

Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

You need a budget.....

And when you crunch the math, it's not going to look good.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Thunktank

Post by Thunktank » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:48 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

You need a budget.....

That seems to be the trend. The Bible also says few will find salvation. Apparently the light isn't bright enough.

gaining_age

Post by gaining_age » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:00 pm

Thunktank wrote:
gaining_age wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Thunktank wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

You need a budget.....

That seems to be the trend. The Bible also says few will find salvation. Apparently the light isn't bright enough.
Galatians 3:13-15GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

13 Christ paid the price to free us from the curse that the laws in Moses’ Teachings bring by becoming cursed instead of us. Scripture says, “Everyone who is hung on a tree is cursed.” 14 Christ paid the price so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to all the people of the world through Jesus Christ and we would receive the promised Spirit through faith.

The Relationship between Law and Promise
15 Brothers and sisters, let me use an example from everyday life. No one can cancel a person’s will or add conditions to it once that will is put into effect.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far

Post by Fainn » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:19 pm

Thunktank wrote:

Actually a compromise was reached before it became a lawsuit. All faiths were welcome to set up a table one day a year. Students could participate or not. Agressive proslytzing was not. However, the main person behind it was Ginger Strivilli(?) who said she felt like she was being kidnapped when a non-school function took place 3 years later when they said a prayer on Veteran's day. She made the news for about 5 minutes before someone reminded them that she had done it before. Like the VP, she was never heard from again.
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus