Hidden Faces

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Hidden Faces

Post by sweetandsour » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:24 am

Here is a devotional that I received this morning from a friend:

Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear; but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. Isaiah 59:1-2

When Leonardo Da Vinci was painting the magnificent Lord’s Supper, he got into a bitter argument with a fellow painter.

Feeling that he was mistreated, Da Vinci was determined to get back at this co-worker. So when it came time to paint the face of Judas Iscariot, Da Vinci painted the face of that painter on the face of the betrayer.

Da Vinci was pretty proud of himself until it came time to paint the face of the Lord Jesus. Because when he tried to paint it, he had an artistic block. He couldn’t draw the face of Jesus!

The great Da Vinci was so consumed by his hatred and revenge that it wasn’t until he erased the face of the painter in the face of Judas and asked God to forgive him that he was able to paint the face of Christ in the Last Supper.

This is such a vivid picture of what bitterness will do in our relationship with Christ. It will color and contaminate it!

We cannot have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ if we are in bondage spiritually to bitterness. It will be impossible to pray…….. It will be impossible to worship…….. It will be impossible to witness……….. And it will be impossible to serve God effectively.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Hidden Faces

Post by hugodrax » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:40 am

Great message that all of us should hear. Calling bullpucky on the Leonardo part, though.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 am

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:40 am
Great message that all of us should hear. Calling bullpucky on the Leonardo part, though.
I see what you did there.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:08 am

UncleBob wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 am
hugodrax wrote:
Sort of. It's meant humorously. It's a great tale and a great lesson in morality. We should all get the punchline. The only problem is that the tale of da Vinci isn't true. Doesn't mean it wasn't timely and apt.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:32 am

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:08 am
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Sort of. It's meant humorously. It's a great tale and a great lesson in morality. We should all get the punchline. The only problem is that the tale of da Vinci isn't true. Doesn't mean it wasn't timely and apt.
I call your Bullpucky, and raise it one Bullpucky. There's no proof that it didn't happen. There's lots of tales w/regard to judas' face. Anyway .....
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:32 am
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:08 am
UncleBob wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
I call your Bullpucky, and raise it one Bullpucky. There's no proof that it didn't happen. There's lots of tales w/regard to judas' face. Anyway .....
Wow. You raised some serious Bullpucky with that one. Well played